You Know You've Been Using DAZ Way Too Much When 2

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

I'm still coming after you dear, it might take a few more years but I think I can catch you, legally too. No posty posting.

And the CV stuff is nice, I get to help out from time to time. I'm having fun and I gives me things to fill my long days with.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

You Know You’ve Been Using DAZ Way Too Much When...
    ...You experience withdrawal symptoms when the little green alien is all you can get onscreen.

edited December 1969

And I swear it's true! That happened to me just as I was trying to post that one. (cold chills)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Did you have multiple tabs up, all with little green aliens on them, like I did.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,141
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Did you have multiple tabs up, all with little green aliens on them, like I did.

I was collecting them too - I got up to six before the problem resolved.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,141
    edited December 1969

MarcCCTx said:
    Someone asks why your camera is full of extreme closeups of brick walls and sidewalks.

Hmm - my husband always asks me "did you get any good ones today" when we've been out and about, then looks increasingly bored as I give him a slideshow! (He doesn't understand my obsession with soil, grass, gravel, closeups of tiny bits of buildings, ...)

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Yep, 4. (Hey maybe one of my bookmarks will work, or the "refresh key, or...)
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

hee hee. collecting green aliens instead of little green boxes.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

You see a really nice dream, and all of the sudden you get upset because you can't save the pose nor scene that is happening right now.

(Last week. Honest. I'm not an addict. I've been just focusing hard on this one project...)

• Robert952Robert952 Posts: 141
    edited August 2012

...When a 2 Terabyte hard drive is too small for your runtime.

Post edited by Robert952 on
  • MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited December 1969

Check out this place I'm thinkg of shooting. (This is a Google Maps shot) You can see where the tore down part of a building and these a bricked up doorway on the second floor,

Vacant_Lot.JPG
    607 x 667 - 295K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    You know youve been using Daz 3D too long when you start moaning because you lost your old post count, proving how much you used to post. Boohoo, mine was almost 12,000.

...mine was over 15,000

...then there was Richard's which I believed bordered on infinity..

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2012

....When the first thing you do in the morning is check the daz forums!!!!

....When you start searching Google maps for textures of buildings lol

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    They be your post status. None= New Member, one= Member, two= Active Member, three= Power Member and at FOUR your a out and out Addict like me and Miss Bad Wolf.

Edited: I had one listed wrong.

Which leads to the question, how long will I be a new member - although my old count of posts tells me very clearly, that this time is really a looong time ago - and from which point will I be a "real" member %-P
    AND possibly: will we all start as new members, if Daz is renovating the store and the forum again ?! :roll:

New Member = 0
    Member = 25
    Active Member = 250
    Power Member = 1000
    Addict = 2500

Wonderful - that's a clear answer ! Thank you *handsoveraflower*

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

And by the way - it took me 6 years to get 900 posts together. Maybe this time I will be a bit faster *lol* ?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

When... You miss part of your dialysis treatment because you were trolling the forums.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

...when my whites are so "Dazzyingly" white they can cause blindness?

...bugger, wrong "Daz".

• MarkR151MarkR151 Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

You know you've been using DAZ way too much when:

1. You walk outside your house, take one look, and then walk right back in because you didn't like the way the lighting was rendered.

2. You're at Sunday Mass and you're flipping through the pages of Genesis looking for the verses about DForm magnets.

3. You give nicknames to people's body types.

4. When complimenting someone's hair style you ask them which PA they got it from.

5. You develop the social opinion that woman get more support than men.

6. You're not at all a fan of wrestling, yet you're well familiar with Reby Sky.

7. You become a strong advocate of child support.

8. Your favorite days are Tuesdays and Thursdays.

9. You invite all your loved ones to the funeral of your wallet.

10. You can come up with ten reasons how you know you've been using DAZ way too much.

Am I missing anything? ;)

3, 9 & 10 Exactly! Especially 3.

When you're walking around anywhere & while looking at people you catch yourself thinking,

"She looks like an Aiko...She looks like a GND Athletic, she looks like a Reby Sky. "

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

... you're running searches after searches through the forums to get an answer for what these tiny green boxes stand for !
    Jaderail said:
    They be your post status. None= New Member, one= Member, two= Active Member, three= Power Member and at FOUR your a out and out Addict like me and Miss Bad Wolf.

Edited: I had one listed wrong.
    chohole said:
    And running on from that one

When you have a thread in the froum just for people collecting little green boxes, and it is onto its 2nd incarnation, as it has already reached over 100 pages and been split (sorry members only forum I am afraid)

...When you actually make it a hobby to record the green box ranks in your signature!

New Member = 0
    Member = 25
    Active Member = 250
    Power Member = 1000
    Addict = 2500

Where do you think he got that list from? ;)

edited December 1969

When you're busy setting up a scene, and rotate it, and suddenly something flashes in the corner of your eye and you go "WHOA! I did not put that there, where did it come from?" and then it turns out to be just a figment of your imagination on object seen from an angle you do not usually behold (such as partially inside), and THEN you start to think of writing a horror story, where someone works on 3D project, and things begin to happen inside the scene, including monsters appearing out of nowhere...

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    When you're busy setting up a scene, and rotate it, and suddenly something flashes in the corner of your eye and you go "WHOA! I did not put that there, where did it come from?" and then it turns out to be just a figment of your imagination on object seen from an angle you do not usually behold (such as partially inside), and THEN you start to think of writing a horror story, where someone works on 3D project, and things begin to happen inside the scene, including monsters appearing out of nowhere...

That one's based on a true story, isn't it? ;)
    edited December 1969

That one's based on a true story, isn't it? ;)

Well, kind of. I'm sure that my "melted gnome horror" counts?

edited December 1969

When every character you make has his or her own individual name. ;-P

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

When you look at a person walking down the road trying to figure out what type of rigging they have or where their weightmaps are, and what collision smoothing setting they have on their clothes:)

edited December 1969

New Member = 0
    Member = 25
    Active Member = 250
    Power Member = 1000
    Addict = 2500

Where do you think he got that list from? ;)

LOL! I wonder where haha!

edited December 1969

But... that's how you tell them apart from each other, right!? ;)

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    When you look at a person walking down the road trying to figure out what type of rigging they have or where their weightmaps are, and what collision smoothing setting they have on their clothes:)

I find myself observing how different random people walk and run... You'd be amazed, there are limitless styles!

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

And occasionally, wonder if they have Generation 4 or 5 gens...

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

But... that's how you tell them apart from each other, right!? ;)

You gotta be creative with names as well as making the characters as well!

My lil avatar guy is Spyro, the Tribal warrior is Cayden, The Man fuzz man is Mick, Ive got Kyra, Rain, Tynan, Ashley, Serra the list goes on. Lol I did have a Sumo called Ho-Lok Kong HAHAHA!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Zev0 said:

And occasionally, wonder if they have Generation 4 or 5 gens...

LMAO!!! So true lol! Also the percentage of breast scale dont forget that! ;-P