August Freebie Challenge ## PICNICS ##

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited August 2015 in Freebies

> August, so I am told, is National Picnic Month, so what better topic to have as a theme for the Freebie Challenge

We are also hoping to have a discussion about what people would like to see to help this challenge go forward.

A Picnic is a good place to have a discussion as well,

All sorts of Picnics, Teddy Bear's picnics, Children's Picnics, Growed up's Picnics, even Posh Picnics

All about Picnics

Freebie Challenge Questionaire

Normal rules apply

First Place: $15 store credit from DAZ3D
Second Place: $12 store credit from DAZ3D
Third Place: $8 store credit from DAZ3D
2 x HMs $5 store credit (from me

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• So the requirement is renders that are out to lunch?

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

So the requirement is renders that are out to lunch?

laugh

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Come and join in the Discussion thread here   Freebie Challenge Questionaire

• NAE

Here is a picnic lunch from the August 2012 Challenge.

summer-3dof.jpg
    2000 x 1996 - 602K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060

NAE

Here is a picnic lunch from the August 2012 Challenge.

I remember that one!  smiley

Dana

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724

It's an American holiday, so only the Americans really qualify.

Surely we can share our love for food with the whole world!  laugh  

Dana

Picnics are not merely American. First mentioned way back in 1692 in France.  Teddy bears picnic was written by a British composer. Picnics are mentioned in Jane Austin's Emma. Charles dickens also refers to them as does Kenneth Grahame in Wind in the Willows. 

It could even be said that this refererred to a picnic 

A book of verse beneath the bough,
    A loaf of bread, a jug of wine, and thou
    Beside me singing in the Wilderness –
    Ah, wilderness were paradise enow!

Omar Khayyam, in his 12th century Rubaiyat[5]

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820
    edited August 2015

LOL... ~ thows an "American" apple pie at Dorsey ~   cheeky

edit: that's funny - the block quotes are not working like they're supposed to. Dorsey - did you break the forum again?

Post edited by Sky77 on
  • Okay then, let's proclaim August International Picnic Month! As Cho pointed out, there are plenty of historical and literary presidents as examples. I mean, come on! There are even picnics on Mars! Ray Bradbury said so...

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited August 2015

I have enjoyed picnics in several different countries, as do ants everywhere. Have not been to Mars as yet, however.

I merely meant that, since it's an American holiday month, only Americans qualify to be OUT TO LUNCH. (And they're GOOD at it!)

STILL JUST KIDDING!

Skywalker, hi! I swear I had nothing to do with breaking the forums. I did plenty of dancing around yesterday trying to figure out how the quote function works. Rule of thumb: avoid if possible.

Post edited by Dorseyland on

I have enjoyed picnics in several different countries, as do ants everywhere. Have not been to Mars as yet, however.

I merely meant that, since it's an American holiday month, only Americans qualify to be OUT TO LUNCH. (And they're GOOD at it!)

STILL JUST KIDDING!

Skywalker, hi! I swear I had nothing to do with breaking the forums. I did plenty of dancing around yesterday trying to figure out how the quote function works. Rule of thumb: avoid if possible.

Hopefully the quote thingummy has been fixed now

Chohole said:

STILL JUST KIDDING!

Hopefully the quote thingummy has been fixed now

yup it's fixed... wink

All right, Dorsey, you have been cleared!

Teddybear awaiting a picnic to gatecrash   

BTW, don't forget to have your say in the Challenge questionaire thread  

Chohole said:

BTW, don't forget to have your say in the Challenge questionaire thread  

Be careful what you ask for!  devil   cheeky

Thanks Sky

edited August 2015

Title:  Looking for the Perfect Spot for a Picnic

No Counts

Genesis 2 Male - Dad & Boy

Genesis 2 Female - Mom & Girl

SallyMae Hair - Girl:  From Genesis Starter Essentials - Free with DAZ Studio

vyktohria faxhion miss daisy:  Mom's Dress - 2014 Holiday Giveaway - no longer available  *

August Hair for V4 - Mom's Hair:  cannot find link

Paid Item

PIcnic Basket

Freebies

Environment

The Hills Environment for DAZ Studio *

BWC Skies - DS Creative:  Skydome & Lights - Page 49

Super Morphing Tree:  DS Creative Magazine - Page 9

Dad

Genesis 2 Male Tshirts *

Lots of T-shirts *

Genesis 2 Male Casual Shirt & Trousers  - pants *

The Fedora  *

Jamie Hairstyles for M3 & M4 - 7th from top

Boy

G2M Shorts & Tshirts - shorts & shirt  *

Basic Hair - from Slaying the Dragon Bundle

Kite Prop and Pose for V4 - 13th from top

Mom

G2F Sandals  *

Textures for Wilmap's G2F Sandals  *

Beach Towel 

Girl

Dynamic Dress - 2nd row 1st item

G2F Underwear Set1 - pantyhose  *

Balloon Prop - 17th from top

Happy Valentine:  Bear - 10th from top

Velvet and Fur Shaders for DAZ Studio - fur on bear  *

Shoes & socks for Dad & Boy; shoes for Girl - appear in Part 3

G2F & G2M Cycling Outfit Part 1  *

G2F & G2M Cycling Outfit Part 2  *

G2F & G2M Cycling Outfit Part 3  *

* indicates registration is required

Only postwork was addition of signature

Looking for the Perfect Spot for a Picnic.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 813K
    Post edited by Kismet2012 on

Only postwork was addition of signature

WooHoo,  first entry.   All links check out,  Entry accepted

Very nice!

Dana

• thistledownsnamethistledownsname Posts: 1,316
    edited August 2015

Allright, this is my first Freebie Challenge, so I hope I get the formatting right.

Title:  Picnic on Planet Barbecue

Paid Item:  Planet Lava

No Counts: Genesis 2 Male, Genesis 2 Female

Freebies

Female:
    Ski pants & coat with NASA texture *
    sci-fi hair *
    shoes *

Male:
    hair
    suit top & bottom *
    shoes *
    texture on suit - iray nobiax shaders
    hat (third item)
    apron (8th item)
    spatula *

Drossel *

Table (4th item)
    bottle & cups *
    pie *
    dishes *
    power supply * (So Drossel can "eat" too)
    texture on power supply - iray nobiax shaders
    power hose - I can't find it on his site, but based on the files I think this came from Mapps
    grill *
    plank *

* indicates registration is required

No postwork

picnic 6.png
    942 x 830 - 1M
    Post edited by thistledownsname on

Allright, this is my first Freebie Challenge, so I hope I get the formatting right.

Nicely done.  Wow, who needs a grill on that planet?  I'm not sure I would call life, or even a visit, on that planet a "picnic", though.  laugh 

Dana

Whoo hoo! Our first victim... er I mean entry!  cheeky

nice work!  the family looks like they are having a lot of fun.  Thank you for the tree link... always on the look out for nice trees!  I wish I found that one for the render I hope to finish some time this month!  I may have to borrow yours if the ones I found don't work out. wink

Now that's how you barbeque... I guess you never have to worry about the coals dying out!  wink  Nice job.

No postwork

You have two links entered twice, the shaders and the shoes.  However you have nough other freebies, so   Entry Accpeted

Whoo hoo! Our first victim... er I mean entry!  cheeky

nice work!  the family looks like they are having a lot of fun.  Thank you for the tree link... always on the look out for nice trees!  I wish I found that one for the render I hope to finish some time this month!  I may have to borrow yours if the ones I found don't work out. wink

Just make sure you don't kill the tree if you have to dig it up.  wink

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited August 2015

Pic-a-nik?!? Sheeesh! Brudda, have I gotta pic-a-nik story fer you! So, de udda day T'oie...you remember my bestest giol T'oie, right? Anyway, she comes t' me and says "I gotta new summa' dress an' I wanna go out onna pic-a-nik." "Pic-a-nik?" I says t' her, "where are we gonna go onna pic-a-nik 'round here?" "We ain't," she says t' me, "we're goin' t' Central Park!" "Central Park!?!" by dis time I wuz gettin' pretty hot... "Central Park! Ya means we gotta load up alla da stuff in a basket, carry it all on da bus, ride all da way downtown wit' alla dem hot, smelly people, git off, haulin' alla our junk wit' us, try t' find us a place t' sets up, fightin' off alla da people, da bums, da drunks, da soccer players, da hippies, da yuppies, da hipsters, da muggers...an' da ants! Notta chance!

Two blocks down and 'round da corner is a spot jus' as good as Central Park and it ain't gonna cost us a dime an' we don't hafta puts up wit alla dem people, 'cause nobody uses dat lot since ol' man McGinty's store burnt down 10 years ago an' dey never bothered t' clean it up. Hokay, dere are some rats 'round an' a few winos, but dey both chases off pretty easy. So dat's what we did! I gotta good feast, a few brews an' T'oie got t' show off her new dress to da winos before dey split. Who could ask fer a better summa' pic-a-nik?

1.) Moustache 19th Item from Top.

2.) Mitch Hair

3.) The Fedora. Registration Required.

4.) 8 TShirts for Genesis. Registration Required.Texture Changed.

5.) Sickle Skater Shoes for V4, M4 and Unimesh. Registration Required. 

6.) Unforgiven for Aiko 3. Cigar Prop Only. Download Link on Right

7.) M4-B-Boy Set. Shorts.

Paid For: M4 Skin Texture.

Stuff for Thoie:

8.) Gnetho for Genesis. Registration Required. Character Morph.

9.) Francisca for V4.2. Registration Required. Texture Only.

10.) August Hair. Note: This is a Direct Link to a Zip File.

11.) Textures for Neftis August Hair. Registration Required.

12.) Genesis Summertime Dress. Registration Required. 

13.) Genesis Buttoned Heeled Shoes. Registration Required. 

Props 'N' Stuff

14.)  Basket 3D Model

15.) Japanese Parasol. Registration Required. 

16.) Retro Picnic Jug. Registration Required. 

17.) Ritz crackers prop for Poser/DAZ Studio. Registration Required. 

18.) Rusty junk set 2. Registeration Required. 

19.) Hot Dog. 7th Item From Top  

20.) Drink Can.

21.) Fence. 3DS Model 

22.) Tree. Go to Enter Button, Click on Poser PP2 (2nd Row, 2nd Button). 2nd Row, 3rd Item  

23.) Rubble. Registration Required 

...and, of course, dat %@#! mutt Boston! 24.)  4th Item from Top.

The 3DS items in this render were converted to the .obj format using Poseray, available at this link. Free and easy to use.

As always, figure set-up in DAZ Studio 4.7 and final render in Bryce 7.1. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright date.

Louie's Summer Picnic.jpg
    995 x 851 - 826K
    Post edited by Lord Ganthor on

Pic-a-nik?!? Sheeesh! Brudda, have I gotta pic-a-nik story fer you! So, de udda day T'oie...you remember my bestest giol T'oie, right? Anyway, she comes t' me and says "I gotta new summa' dress an' I wanna go out onna pic-a-nik." "Pic-a-nik?" I says t' her, "where are we gonna go onna pic-a-nik 'round here?" "We ain't," she says t' me, "we're goin' t' Central Park!" "Central Park!?!" by dis time I wuz gettin' pretty hot... "Central Park! Ya means we gotta load up alla da stuff in a basket, carry it all on da bus, ride all da way downtown wit' alla dem hot, smelly people, git off, haulin' alla our junk wit' us, try t' find us a place t' sets up, fightin' off alla da people, da bums, da drunks, da soccer players, da hippies, da yuppies, da hipsters, da muggers...an' da ants! Notta chance!

Two blocks down and 'round da corner is a spot jus' as good as Central Park and it ain't gonna cost us a dime an' we don't hafta puts up wit alla dem people, 'cause nobody uses dat lot since ol' man McGinty's store burnt down 10 years ago an' dey never bothered t' clean it up. Hokay, dere are some rats 'round an' a few winos, but dey both chases off pretty easy. So dat's what we did! I gotta good feast, a few brews an' T'oie got t' show off her new dress to da winos before dey split. Who could ask fer a better summa' pic-a-nik?

Love it!  Everything looks just right!  I don't know that T'oie loved it, though.  By that look on her face, Louie better watch his step...or she might be his bestest ex-goil!  laugh    Great work!

Dana

As always, figure set-up in DAZ Studio 4.7 and final render in Bryce 7.1. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright date.

After I stopped laughing I did get roond to checking out the links 

Good to go   Entry Accepted

edited August 2015

I agree with Dana but he said it better than I could.

Another great entry LG.

Post edited by Kismet2012 on

I agree with Dana but HE said it better than I could.

Another great entry LG.

Corrected that for you