Update on Issues with Platinum Club Renewals

Comments

• QuietrobQuietrob Posts: 361
    edited December 1969

quietrob said:
    I just thought they were late or giving us another free month to make up for all the issues.

Define "another" — the free month seems to have been very hit or miss, with way too many misses. Not sure which thread it was on, but there are a lot of reports of people being charged a couple of weeks late for what they thought was their free month. Maybe in the end no-one got the extra? At this point nothing would surprise me about the complete and utter mess the new store has made of the PC.

I don't really like to say anything negative.

DAZ, please handle this.

• LillianaLilliana Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

I'm not happy with the radio silence I have received on this issue. I filed a ticket, Spoke with Britney and PM'd B_Furner...

Customer Service has been lacking and I REFUSE to authorize a $30 payment in order to have $22 refunded back to me. My account information is on file and has NOT changed since 2011.

What does it take to get things fixed? A mass exodus?

edited December 1969

Lilliana said:
    I'm not happy with the radio silence I have received on this issue. I filed a ticket, Spoke with Britney and PM'd B_Furner...

Customer Service has been lacking and I REFUSE to authorize a $30 payment in order to have $22 refunded back to me. My account information is on file and has NOT changed since 2011.

Has anyone else not been billed?

Was there a resolution to this problem?

Will those of us, who through no fault of own, that haven't been billed be kicked out of the DAZ Platinum Club and thus be forced to pay another at least 30 bucks if we wish back in.

Was August a free month to make up for mistakes?

DAZ please answer these questions. I believe Customer Service should be a priority.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

quietrob said:
    Lilliana said:

Will those of us, who through no fault of own, that haven't been billed be kicked out of the DAZ Platinum Club and thus be forced to pay another at least 30 bucks if we wish back in.

DAZ please answer these questions. I believe Customer Service should be a priority.

I haven't been billed for August and as of yesterday, I do believe, I was able to get into the member's only forum. Although I've heard nothing about it except for what has been said here.

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    quietrob said:
    Lilliana said:

I haven't been billed for August and as of yesterday, I do believe, I was able to get into the member's only forum. Although I've heard nothing about it except for what has been said here.

I too, have been able to get into the Members Forum though I found a copy of this thread in the Commons. Perhaps they are getting rid of the Platinum Club until further notice.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

quietrob said:
    Sunfire said:
    quietrob said:
    Lilliana said:

I too, have been able to get into the Members Forum though I found a copy of this thread in the Commons. Perhaps they are getting rid of the Platinum Club until further notice.

I doubt that very much...it would mean a huge rush of refund requests from the members, and I think they're already hurting and wouldn't want that extra negative cash flow.

Dana

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2012

quietrob said:
    Sunfire said:
    quietrob said:
    Lilliana said:

File a support ticket to Sales department, through the Zendesk System, please, if you are really worried, but I assure you that DAZ 3D are aware of the issues with the PC and are working on it.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • info_7ab70978f3info_7ab70978f3 Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

Been given the boot for not being due till Sept by site maintenance

• LillianaLilliana Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Just no official word on the issue I am concerned about. I don't use Paypal and It's not the grace period I'm concerned with.

chohole said:
    quietrob said:
    Sunfire said:
    quietrob said:
    Lilliana said:

File a support ticket to Sales department, through the Zendesk System, please, if you are really worried, but I assure you that DAZ 3D are aware of the issues with the PC and are working on it.

• Michael CMichael C Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

Here's something else to worry about. I was charged even though I removed my credit card profile several weeks ago. The My Account page has shown "No saved profile" all this time and still does, but DAZ charged my credit card. This means they have a copy of my credit card that I have not authorized them to use, and they used it. I beleive this is illegal.

• edited December 1969

I just submitted a trouble ticket about my PC membership not renewing. And as others have posted My Account show that I have no profile... or subscriptions. I hope they get this fixed.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

Michael C said:
    Here's something else to worry about. I was charged even though I removed my credit card profile several weeks ago. The My Account page has shown "No saved profile" all this time and still does, but DAZ charged my credit card. This means they have a copy of my credit card that I have not authorized them to use, and they used it. I beleive this is illegal.

The site creates a separate profile which no one can access, that it uses for charging a card on a completely separate and secure system. The profile is storing a card for future purchases, but does not stop if you've purchased a subscription that reoccurs each month. The only way to cancel the subscription is in your account.

My Account > My Subscriptions > Cancel from that point.

edited December 1969

The site creates a separate profile which no one can access, that it uses for charging a card on a completely separate and secure system. The profile is storing a card for future purchases, but does not stop if you've purchased a subscription that reoccurs each month. The only way to cancel the subscription is in your account.

Thanks for the explanation. My subscriptions profile was inactive but then suddenly went active apparenetly by itself. Unfortunately there were two inactive suscriptions and both were charged. I'll update my Help Center request to reflect your information.
  • info_7ab70978f3info_7ab70978f3 Posts: 78
    edited August 2012

I've been a customer too long
    I only stayed in the PC for the Jack Tomalin Sets but if I'm expected to be constantly sending maint. emails to some zendeskskis
    I'll pass
    Fix my membership or don't I'll just wait
    Magento blows Giant chunks so does ZD

Post edited by info_7ab70978f3 on
    edited December 1969

Michael C said:

Thanks for the explanation. My subscriptions profile was inactive but then suddenly went active apparenetly by itself. Unfortunately there were two inactive suscriptions and both were charged. I'll update my Help Center request to reflect your information.

Thinking about this a little more, I'm concerned again. I actually terminated my PC membership back in July (that's why it went inactive), so the associated credit card information should have been deleted. But it wasn't; it came back and my card was charged - actually a double charge because during the orignal site changeover I ended up with two memberships for a while. DAZ terminated one for me, but they've both reappeared. It seems to me that all associated credit card data shoud go away when the PC membership is ended. It looks like maybe DAZ went back to an older version of the web site that had information that should have been gone. None of this gives me a good feeling. I no longer save my credit card information on the site, but apparantly that isn't enough to protect it.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

I hope they don't still have my CC number in their database! I removed it in my profile, and I was on the annual membership, not monthly.

I think if you remove it from your profile, it should be removed...period! If there is a montly subscription tied to it, put up a dialog warning that the subscription will be cancelled when the current month runs out, and ask "Are you sure?" People removed credit card info for a reason, and they have a reasonable expectation that when they do, it's gone, not hidden away somewhere "just in case".

Dana

• SilvheSilvhe Posts: 790
    edited December 1969

I am seriously worryed now. My annual PC subscription will expire in november and I removed my CC info just to be sure that it will not auto-renew... what are we supposed to do to be sure that there will be no unauthorized billing on our CC?

edited December 1969

OK, now DAZ has added insult to injury. I was double charged for a month of PC and now I'm locked out of the club and the club prices. Will this nonsense never end?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

File a support ticket.

May even be worth trying a phone call as sometimes there is someone in on a Saturday, but not promising.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    File a support ticket.

May even be worth trying a phone call as sometimes there is someone in on a Saturday, but not promising.

Thanks, chohole, I've already updated the ticket I opened for this issue. It's less likely anyone will be here this weekend with a holiday Monday.

• Martin_CMartin_C Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

Michael C said:
    Thinking about this a little more, I'm concerned again. I actually terminated my PC membership back in July (that's why it went inactive), so the associated credit card information should have been deleted. But it wasn't; it came back and my card was charged - actually a double charge because during the orignal site changeover I ended up with two memberships for a while. DAZ terminated one for me, but they've both reappeared. It seems to me that all associated credit card data shoud go away when the PC membership is ended. It looks like maybe DAZ went back to an older version of the web site that had information that should have been gone. None of this gives me a good feeling. I no longer save my credit card information on the site, but apparantly that isn't enough to protect it.

I must confess that I'm a bit confused myself, but it really looks (to me) as if CC data will be stored separately for the PC membership.

I was kicked out of my annual PC (that is valid until next year) recently and it got activated by adding a second "monthly" subscription for $0 starting now. I was also asked for the "last 4 digits of my CC" so that they can "connect" my CC data to the subscription.

When I told them that I don't like this and intentionally avoided storing my CC data, they replied (among that the store is safe, etc. pp.) that I could "delete" my CC from the store again, once they "connected" the data to my subscription.

That was the point where I started to slightly panic... and when I answered that I absolutely want to refuse to allow the shop automatic access to my CC, Britney replied that I actually don't need to provide that data at all... they would only do that because they learned that it seems to avoid the PC bug. So in a nutshell: they feel sure that the bug will never happen again, but with the CC attached to it the bug happens a bit neverer...

I'm a bit scared about what happens when the $0 monthly PC will run out for the first time. Britney said it won't change my status of the (paid) annual PC, but... :-/

• Alpha ChannelAlpha Channel Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Michael C said:
    OK, now DAZ has added insult to injury. I was double charged for a month of PC and now I'm locked out of the club and the club prices. Will this nonsense never end?

While I haven't been double charged you're not the only one, I'm also locked out of the PC forum as well and have zero access to the PC prices as of this morning, yesterday all was fine. I haven't had any problems until now (I opened a ticket this morning).

Post edited by Alpha Channel on
  • edited December 1969

It seems that DAZ has not fix this issue. They took my money and suspended me from the club. There have been a lot of website issue since they switched over to the new website. I open a ticket to get my issue fix, but we should not have to do this in the first place..>:(

It seems that every month there is an issue. I wish they would email members with the PC discount coupon so we don't have to ask where it is on the forums. We should not have to do thier work to get the coupon.>:(

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

The code is the same each month, with the leading digit changed to reflect the month, and is in the PC Newsletters as well as the forums.

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

I just got double billed, one notice came on 8/30 (which I expected, per the forum notice) and another $7.95 billing notice arrived a few moments ago. I have three subscriptions listed in my account dashboard. The last time I checked, two of them were cancelled and only the original was active. As it should be. Now, all three are active -- and I didn't change anything.

Thinking it was maybe a duplicate billing notice, I checked my order history. I see two different order numbers for $7.95, one on 8/30 and the other on 9/1.

I have a support ticket in, but this is getting ridiculous.

There should be only one subscription on my subscription page, not three. The cancelled ones should've been deleted. How they were re-activated, I don't know, but that just goes to show why they shouldn't be there in the first place. What's going on with all this? I'd think auto renewals would be one of the least troublesome aspects for a storefront to handle.

• mishamisha Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

My monthly PC account has been cancelled by me in July too and was reactivated without my consent on 1st of September 11.48 AM with an order # which I did not place. This is a disgusting state of affairs!

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited December 1969

misha said:
    My monthly PC account has been cancelled by me in July too and was reactivated without my consent on 1st of September 11.48 AM with an order # which I did not place. This is a disgusting state of affairs!

Ihad the same thing happen to me. I cancelled in June or July and also deleted my credit card information at the same time. Today I got an email thanking me for ordering a Platinum Club membership.

I checked my bank account and nothing has been charged to my account yet. I also sent in a trouble report about the issue, so hopefully they will take care of it.

• macmondomacmondo Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Well it looks like I got kicked out of the PC also. I can't see the discount prices or access the members forum as of today. Everything worked fine on the 31st. Now the store wants me to pay $29 to restart my subscription.

I put in a support ticket which I hope gets attention soon. The last ticket took over two weeks to complete. That was during the melt down though, so hopefully things are faster now.

Daz, please fix my subscription soon!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

The temptation exists to misquote Admiral Beatty.

The rest of the store hasn't (I think) had anything major go wrong in the last couple of weeks (as opposed to things that never worked right since the changeover). The PC, on the other hand, seems to be lurching from glitch to showstopper to hiccup. What's going on? I would like to be able to say I trust the system enough to renew my subscription when it expires in a couple of months. I would like to be able to, but at this rate I'll need convincing.

• Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

I finally got charged today. I wonder if it counts as September or August's fee? I'm just grateful to still be in the PC.