Where to post Images?

LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I used to post all my stuff on ArtZone, with ArtZone gone for now and possibly gone for good. Does anyone have any suggestions of a good site to post images on? I don't like Rendo and really don't care for DevArt. What other sites are out there?

Comments

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

A suggestion.. You might do what others are doing and start a thread in the Art Studio forum here. So it doesn't get lost, you might make a link for your sig. I'd check it out, I've always admired your art.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

thing that bugs me about posting images here right now is the 800 x 800 size limit, if i had a place to post my stuff off site that i could link to then i would post more stuff

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,731
    edited December 1969

I didnt care much for deviant art for many years...but i finally caved and joined last year....and ya know what?...its kind of nice ;)

http://rawart3d.deviantart.com/

But yeah...it would be nice to have a dedicated gallery here. It may come...but I wont rush them...I want the store running perfect first :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

hey Rawn, good to see you? how ya been?

edited December 1969

working my arse off on projects trying to keep things going in these weird times.

(see page one of the commons to see my latest beasty)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/91/

Hows things with you man?

Rawn

• WitchStormWitchStorm Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

Have you tried picture trails? http://picturetrail.com/

edited December 1969

RawArt said:

working my arse off on projects trying to keep things going in these weird times.

(see page one of the commons to see my latest beasty)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/91/

Hows things with you man?

Rawn

doing ok, been dealing with a bunch of idiots, but i think i may have solved that problem, maybe i can start to get things done now

edited December 1969

Have you tried picture trails? http://picturetrail.com/

never heard of it, will check it out, thanx

edited December 1969

doing ok, been dealing with a bunch of idiots, but i think i may have solved that problem, maybe i can start to get things done now

I have found that dealing with people in general leaves you anxiously awaiting a zombie apocalypse

Rawn

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,609
    edited December 1969

Is Deviant Art free? For some reason I thought one had to pay to be part of it.

edited December 1969

RawArt said:

I have found that dealing with people in general leaves you anxiously awaiting a zombie apocalypse

Rawn

I have like 200 and some people that live in my apartment complex and since none of them have a brain, they all use mine. So for like the past year or so I have been averaging 85 to 250 phone calls a day, not to mention 25+ people a day knocking on my door to ask stupid questions. Its been driving me absolutely crazy. One day it took me over 15 hours just to plug in a USB cable due to constant interruptions.

Yesterday I completely went berserk and yelled at everyone with a frothing cursing mouth. Today no one has called and no one has knocked. So maybe I have solved the issue.

edited December 1969

i thought it was free

edited December 1969

I think they also have some sort of premium version that you have to play for and get extra benefits from

edited December 1969

i thought it was free

Yeah...it's free.....I am not big on paying money for places to post art LOL

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:

i thought it was free

Yeah...it's free.....I am not big on paying money for places to post art LOL

I use the free version.

there is a paid for version but the free part is fine for posting up your images. the paid options just allows more customisations and stuff like that

edited December 1969

i just never really liked DevArt, not sure why, the site just feels uncomfortable

• Fille123Fille123 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

You could also try Flickr... It's mostly photography, but I've seen some post art there as well.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Fille, true. I have a Flickr-account, though I caved in and paid for the pro-version. The free version isn't bad, but has some limits, though I suggest LX might take a look and see if it fits his taste. It's all kinds of stuff there, so it's not just photos.

I got a free account at DevArt, because I need to see the pictures that are 'blocked' (to non-members).

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

I didn't care much for DA at the time either, i was happy at Artzone, but when they closed up shop i finally and slowly Migrated over there.

In the end it's better than nothing. :long:

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

I've been uploading some of my pics to renderosity. The one-pic-a-day account is free w/ your standard shopping account.