Sabbatic Goat for genesis Plus Texture Pack (In Store Now) commercial

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Well I'm off to bed, got a strange thing happening with some of the renders, doesn't happen all the time, only when I use the speed light package, these little blue square appear in the render not sure what they are? But when I turn at a different angle they disappear.

That's Deep Shadow Maps clashing with 3Delight rendering engine. Use raytraced shadows, and they're no longer a problem.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Good thinking Skiriki, too bad it won't be super fast anymore if goes to raytraced.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    The next project could land me in a lot of trouble I'm not even game to show a preview of it, may have to have a talk with DAZ first.

In that case, I'll just be satisfied with the knowledge that you got something awesome cookin'!

First off Wow!!, this just keeps getting better. :wow: Seccondly, the temptation is killing me about this "Next Project" Why not just a *little* hint lol! ;-P

edited December 1969

Good thinking Skiriki, too bad it won't be super fast anymore if goes to raytraced.

Dunno, in my current 4.5 system, both are about the same speed. Plus, raytraced look better in my opinion.

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

OMG ... OMG ... I clicked on the last render to see it in full size and I swear it turned it's head to look at me and said in a deep dark voice *buy me* ...

:lol:

Love it, this is so mine when it hits the store. Great job.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Same thing happened to me only in my case it said

Feed ME A Stray Cat

Bonus points to who ever can tell me what obscure movie that line is from

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

He might need a horse to sustain his hunger lol

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Dunno, in my current 4.5 system, both are about the same speed. Plus, raytraced look better in my opinion.

I agree raytraced is better looking, but with hair I've never had it render at the same speed.

edited December 1969

I agree raytraced is better looking, but with hair I've never had it render at the same speed.

Yeah, it can get painful with some transmaps, but fibremesh items I have had (such as that Genesis beard etc), it has been pretty much a-OK.

edited August 2012

Skiriki said:

Yeah, it can get painful with some transmaps, but fibremesh items I have had (such as that Genesis beard etc), it has been pretty much a-OK.

Aaaah, thats a good point. I haven't used much fibermesh yet. Just have one hair item and some armpit I've never used.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Well I'm off to bed, got a strange thing happening with some of the renders, doesn't happen all the time, only when I use the speed light package, these little blue square appear in the render not sure what they are? But when I turn at a different angle they disappear.

That's Deep Shadow Maps clashing with 3Delight rendering engine. Use raytraced shadows, and they're no longer a problem.Correct. Alternatively, you can *usually* just nudge the camera angle a tiny bit and they'll go away.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

I got the same and was just wondering what it is , it only show up on my fibers , like it have to do with the specular and death digital pixels that are not rendered ..
    btw the fiber render so much better in 4.5 but little slower , overall 3Delight in 4.5 works so much more crisper and accurate especially when using uber light , well done improvement

ok back to the amazing Goat :)

adamr001 said:
    Skiriki said:

That's Deep Shadow Maps clashing with 3Delight rendering engine. Use raytraced shadows, and they're no longer a problem.

Correct. Alternatively, you can *usually* just nudge the camera angle a tiny bit and they'll go away.
  • Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the info on the rending problem. Yes uber light are a bit of a killer for render speed that's why I'm working on something like speed light so the renders can come down to 20sec not 1hour but still uber light really produces some exceptional renders, Really2 is still pretty fast at rendering the fur doesn't seem to slow down too much at all.

edited December 1969

I've totally remade the beard, and made 6 morph dials for it, see attached renders.
    One of the things I love about Zbrush 4R4 is how it handles vertex order, as long as
    I don't change the masking and coverages it will keep everything ready for morphing.
    I didn't even use any grooming brushes, I just generated morphs with different setting.

beard-2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 369K
    Beard-1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 374K
    edited December 1969

One thing I have improved since the Lycan fur, is the rigging for the beard, I'm attaching the weight map to the lower jaw and not the head so you can open and close the mouth and the beard will follow.

b-open-mouth.jpg
    800 x 800 - 337K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Your another one I'd love to have some tutorials from. You and Cath really know your way around ZBrush and it shows incredibly in your works. Wonderful work!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    The next project could land me in a lot of trouble I'm not even game to show a preview of it, may have to have a talk with DAZ first.

In that case, I'll just be satisfied with the knowledge that you got something awesome cookin'!
    OK this is the only hint I'll give, It's a genesis morph, I got him totally covered up with my hyper suit, man that reminds me I need to finish that one to.

Top-Secret.jpg
    800 x 800 - 152K
    edited December 1969

I knew it! I knew it would be...

...awesome! :lol: Whatever it is!

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

I'm buying this Goat Just for the skin alone. Fantastic textures!!! Is it using M4 UV or custom? Also how will it look on a human shape? Can you show pretty please?

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    I'm buying this Goat Just for the skin alone. Fantastic textures!!! Is it using M4 UV or custom? Also how will it look on a human shape? Can you show pretty please?

Here's a few shot of the textures with the Freak4 shape and I add my Genesis Wings of Darkness which seam to have matching texture what a fluke
    WOD-03.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 310K
    WOD-02.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 253K
    WOD-01.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 305K
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Most Excellent.!!

edited December 1969

:bug: Alll riiiiiiiiight! Now we're talkin'... multipurpose skin too!

edited December 1969

Well still hard at the fix ups I've added another texture a Nude dark skin. I'm also testing how cloths fit with other shapes applied, this is with the Girl4 shape and I put my Lycan hunter outfit on, I found if you use the push modifier it get rid of all the poke through so that's an excellent addition to DS4.5. What I will be doing is putting the goat in one pack and the 5 extra texture sets will be put into a texture expansion pack as there was an awful lot of work doing the textures.

G4.jpg
    741 x 953 - 184K
    Dark-03.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 253K
  • templarlovertemplarlover Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

Wow. This is truly amazing! I look forward to its release.

edited December 1969

Sounds like a solid plan product wise..... I'll get both for sure!

• gabugabu Posts: 303
    edited December 1969

Where are the 'Wings of Darkness' that you refer to in your last images?

I can't find anything in your store that looks like that.

edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    Where are the 'Wings of Darkness' that you refer to in your last images?

I can't find anything in your store that looks like that.

Sorry I forget it's at CP
    http://contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=20492
    if you have any problems let me know.
    Cheers!

edited December 1969

Well I have axed the axe and have made a staff instead. I figure most of you guys have genesis Brute-X and will have the axe anyway, this way you get something new, instead of me rehashing an old prop. I'll do a pose freebie if you want the Brute-X axe to fit the Sabbatic Goat.

P1-p.jpg
    1000 x 954 - 376K
    edited December 1969

YAY! Thanks! :-)

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Your another one I'd love to have some tutorials from. You and Cath really know your way around ZBrush and it shows incredibly in your works. Wonderful work!

that's the biggest problem here, they don't like to share those goodies!
    if they don't do it, who does? daz isn't teaching this to 3d noobs.
    only cath tried to create a few youtube's, but still no start to finished products tutorials available.
    not even to buy. tutorials that teach the whole proces of a character to Zb and back to daz textured and rigged.
    these things are so hard needed for the community here.
    'm sure there are enough people that would like to see such tutorials about creation at the shop over new content figures.