Problems with Platinum Club

Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
edited August 2012 in The Commons

Anyone else having problems with platinum club? My PC shows active for many months, yet I'm not seeing any of the discounts and have no access to the forum. Considering there are 1 day sales this is a very inopportune time for this.

Also, why are the PA sales not showing on the sales tab? Seems like that could cause some real issues with some people... I had to dig to find if the sale was actually even started.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I replied to you in the other thread you posted in about your PC status.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Thank you.. still trying to get fixed unfortunately.

edited August 2012

Remember that DAZ 3D time is UTC-7, so still only 6 in the morning there in Daz Towers.

chohole said:
    The PC status thingy, you will need to contact Customer service, via Zendesk and sales dept.
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Anyone else having problems with platinum club? My PC shows active for many months, yet I'm not seeing any of the discounts and have no access to the forum. Considering there are 1 day sales this is a very inopportune time for this.

Also, why are the PA sales not showing on the sales tab? Seems like that could cause some real issues with some people... I had to dig to find if the sale was actually even started.

You're not alone...my account has the same problem. I'm putting a ticket in. This issue shouldn't affect the one-day sales on PA items, though, as PC members don't get an additional discount on those.
    edited August 2012

ty Scott, I was wondering about that. I know on some things in the past I was getting an additional discount for PC. If that's the case, it's more of an irritation then anything. However, things like this still worry me as it shows there are account problems and one always wonders how deep/widespread these could go. A post from June/July someone mentioned logging in and getting someone else's account, not just their name showing from appearances. The only reply was they were aware of it. I hadn't heard of that till I was looking into this issue.

edited December 1969

No that wasn't what happened, you are misremembering that a bit, it was a one off anyway, and was sorted out immediately it came to light. Had absolutely nothimg to do with anything raised here.

edited December 1969

This issue shouldn't affect the one-day sales on PA items, though, as PC members don't get an additional discount on those.

Actually it appears that I wasn't entirely correct about this. It looks like DAZ Original items which were made by the featured PAs are also on sale, so the PC issue would affect the pricing on those specific items.
    edited August 2012

chohole said:
    No that wasn't what happened, you are misremembering that a bit,...

*sorry, didn't process everything you said in your post... I didn't misremember, it's just that where it was brought up didn't have the resolution to it that I saw so there was no way for me to know it was a one off situation or that it wasn't related to this. Actually, I didn't think it was directly related other then that they are both account issues and that this was a much more egregious error with wider potential repercussions then I was previously aware of.

edited December 1969

Well, day 2 of the sale and still no way to know what proper pricing on anything should be as my PC isn't working properly.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,707
    edited December 1969

Since the sale is on PA items your PV membership won't affect their prices.

edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Well, day 2 of the sale and still no way to know what proper pricing on anything should be as my PC isn't working properly.

If you use the "Shop by Vendor" link under the Shop menu, anything there will be a PA item and thus priced correctly (PC members won't get an additional discount).

If you do a search by the artist's name, then filter it by "DAZ Original" items, you can see a list of products that would be cheaper if our PC memberships were working.

For example, here are Mec4D's PA items: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/mec4d These should be 50% off.
    And here are the DAZ Original products made by Mec4D: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=mec4d&top_vendor=DAZ+3D&x=0&y=0 These should be 65% off if things are working properly (I think).

edited December 1969

Thank you Scott, if this is indeed correct it is helpful. I might be able to work around the issue if necessary at least by purchasing and asking for a price adjustment afterwards.

edited December 1969

Ends up this doesn't take into account the PC items themselves.. are the $2 items half off? I'm really not comfortable making purchases and asking for price adjustments after either really :/

edited December 1969

This sales is the PA sale, so nothing that is a DO, which all PC items are, is affected. The PC sale is not until October, as that is the month that the PC was first inaugarated.

edited December 1969

So Mec4D's Unshaven Bundle is $19.98 regardless of if someone is in PC or not...

edited December 1969

My PC benefits are back. :cheese: Hopefully your issue is resolved too, Gedd, but in case it hasn't been: I can now confirm that PC members are seeing a 65% discount on DAZ Original items by featured PAs, but this does NOT include PC items, which are the usual $1.99.

And (of course) I'm seeing the same 50% discount on featured PA items that are not DAZ Originals as I was earlier when my club membership was not working.

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

i have the same problems !

a) I can't see my PC membership - although I know, that it lasts undtil March next year

b) I can't get access to the forum. I'm only getting this message:

PC-Member_Forum_Error.JPG
    1023 x 384 - 23K
    edited December 1969

Thanks again Scott, since mine is still broke this clarification helps :)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

i have the same problems !

a) I can't see my PC membership - although I know, that it lasts undtil March next year

b) I can't get access to the forum. I'm only getting this message:

Just to let you know, according to your profile, your not listed a Platinum club members group

edited December 1969

Any PC problems, please file a support ticket, for sales dept. Britney is there, waiting to help people out.

edited August 2012

Mine was just fixed, tyvm :)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Mine was just fixed, tyvm :)

Well done :)