Sadie to genesis?

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Here's an update to the Sadie for Genesis project.

We've been able to create an autofit convertor for Sadie's existing clothing. This means that you will be able to use any Sadie clothing items on Sadie for Genesis (or any other Genesis figure for that matter).

Here's Sadie for Genesis with her original hair and swimsuit...

Very cool...really looking forward to a child toon shape.
  • 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327
    edited December 1969

Sadie for Genesis is now starting to get her expressions back...

WIPSadieGenesis03.jpg
    500 x 650 - 111K
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Does Sadie Genesis rely on the Basic Child morph? Or did you do your own child morph for her? Basic child always kinda creeps me out, can't adequately describe why, though. Part of it is it looks like an adult head on a child's body most of the time.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

It looks to me like they were duplicating the original Sadie shape, which was a stand-alone and had nothing to do with the basic DAZ shapes.

Which is all to the good. 'Toons need to be stylized.

edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    Does Sadie Genesis rely on the Basic Child morph? Or did you do your own child morph for her? Basic child always kinda creeps me out, can't adequately describe why, though. Part of it is it looks like an adult head on a child's body most of the time.

This is a custom morph based on our original Sadie Poser figure. We don't use the BasicChild morph at all.

You can create quite a cute younger look for Sadie by combining her with other morphs though:

WIPSadieGenesis04.jpg
    500 x 650 - 66K
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone

Here's an update on Sadie for Genesis. We've finished the figure, and are adding some content now. This new Genesis dress will be included with Sadie and will work on any Genesis figure.

S

WIPSadieGenesis07.jpg
    500 x 650 - 96K
  • agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone

Here's an update on Sadie for Genesis. We've finished the figure, and are adding some content now. This new Genesis dress will be included with Sadie and will work on any Genesis figure.

S

Yahoo! I love it! Soooo~ CUTE! :-)

Alexa X-D

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

Sadie for Genesis looks wonderful! I was planning on trying to make a whole bunch of ballerina renders to print and hang on my daughter's bedroom walls and this character will be perfect for creating that little girl look! Can't wait until this one is released. :-)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

ZOMG. I think this will be the first non-realistic Genesis figure I'm going to get for actually using it, rather than just taking advantage of the shape for auto-fit and as flavoring agent. She's cute like a bug! And she doesn't creep me out! And she's cute! Did I mention cute? Yeah.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

What's really striking is how combining her with the Genesis Basic child makes an adorable and thoroughly realistic youngster.

http://www.3duniverse.co.za/forum/uploads/1/WIPSadieGenesis05-Comparison.jpg

and

http://www.3duniverse.co.za/forum/uploads/1/WIPSadieGenesis07BasicChild.jpg

from the 3D Universe thread found here...

http://www.3duniverse.co.za/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2228&PN=1&title=youve-asked-for-it-sadie-for-genesis

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited September 2012

...[post removed]

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...sweet mother or pearl...

...now even my beloved Sadie is being "Genesisasized"

...who next? Mavka? Gosha? Sara? Little One? Telka? Antonia?

We can only hope. *smile*

edited September 2012

...[post removed]

edited December 1969

Wow... I have no degree at all and I am digging the Hell out of it.

I'm sure my wife will attest I am not the brightest of bulbs either. :)

I've used both. I like DAZ. *shrug* To each their own. Why bother starting an age old debate on the forum by insulting one particular type of program.

It's not helpful, and serves no purpose other than divisiveness. :)

Let's all get along and celebrate the new Sadie. And I hear Genesis is on its way for the Poser set hopefully soon..... hopefully not DAZ soon. *smile*

• PhloxPhlox Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...sweet mother or pearl...

...who next? Mavka? Gosha? Sara? Little One? Telka? Antonia?

Smay did say Mavka was a possibility when I asked, which I'm delighted about.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2672/

The best thing about Genesis (for me) are the shapes and unique character you can create - so I'm delighted to see Sadie coming to Genesis - great work. :)

edited September 2012

...[post removed]

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited August 2012

The latest version is a lot faster. Genesis with all my GenX transfers (over 5, 000 individual morphs) loads much faster than previous versions.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited August 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    Excellent!

What the Genesis (Gn) detractors don't seem to get is that one of the main problems with "distinct" characters is that there are no clothes except for those made for the character. This is why the "new Poser" characters are as doomed as those that came before. When a character is made into a Gn shape, they automatically get ALL of the clothing available to Gn -- which now includes most of the G3 collection as well as G4 and Gn. Now GnSadie can wear anything from Victoria's closet, not just the small subset originally created for Sadie. The same for the new GnMavka, and any Gn shape.

I am really looking forward to the GnSadie (and hopefully GnSam to follow) with the newly available wardrobe.

Kendall

...it's more than just Genesis. I am still not convinced by the latest version of the Studio application. it is "heavier" code-wise than it's predecessors thus demanding more from processor and memory resources, Most, if not all of the major plugins still don't work. It has lost the simple elegance which is what made the application intuitive and so attractive in the past. Autofit is still a kluge as it continues to have major issues with footwear (that requires a lot of manual adjustment/fitting) and distortion of highly detailed textured maps.

Name any "new" software (in any industry) that isn't "heavier." Such is the nature of the programming world since about 1993. No one has yet to give me a justifiable reason why a word processor needs to chew up a megabyte of RAM. With that being said, one must deal with what one has access to, and what we have is bloated software all around.

Most major plugins DO now work for 4.5 so that argument is stale.

The "elegance" is there if one is willing to adjust things to one's preferences. One need not accept the default theme as the mandatory UI. I have many monitors, and I have parts of my UI spread all over. My Viewport has a display all to its own. I have my tabs grouped into separate windows that allow each to complement each other while in use. For instance, my Scene tab is in a different window than the Surfaces Tab, which is in a different window than the Content Selection tabs. I can very quickly modify shaders/textures/surface properties. With no panel switching. Significantly more efficient than before.

Autofit is great! Shoes are not a problem, as there are quite a number of shoes for Gn available already, and more coming out constantly. Truth be told, my use of textures has dropped to close to zero. I'm using shaders for almost everything. Once one has Fabricator and its kin, textures for clothing are so boring.

As for Studio... I have most of the "big name" 3d software (with the notable exception of zBrush), and I find that I can get more done with DS4 than the others. Once Carrara comes up to speed, the DS4<-->Carrara duo will be absolutely great. From there I can use Maya,or Blender, or Messiah, or whatever to complete what I can't do in DS/Carrara. For what I need, speed in creating the key scenes is critical. I have to create a lot of them, so the faster/easier I can get them created the better things go. Genesis, especially, has sped up the workflow greatly. No longer do we have to deal with the little niggling things so much.</p>

EDIT: If there is a negative to Genesis, it would have to be that it is TOO #$^% FLEXIBLE! Every time a new character/set of characters is released, there is "dead time" while we see what, if any, advantages are added to our current complement of people. It is just too tempting. Even the addition of "toon" features can help develop a character more toward the ideal.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited September 2012

...[post removed]

edited December 1969

I will agree with you on one point. 4.5 Is best on a dual screen. It is cluttered on just one. My content library is on my secondary, along with all my other tabs. Its the only way I can work, otherwise my viewport is way to small, and I get tired of hiding and un-hiding tabs just to make space.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,299
    edited August 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...thankfully I still have the "original" unabridged versions.

...don't have an AA degree in IT management to deal with using Studio4.

Nor do I - quite the opposite actually, but I manage to deal with DS4 fine.

Back to the original subject of the thread,
    I just love what is being done here, she looks adorable.
    I have the original Sadie I'm not even sure if I have her installed at the moment I always found her so very limited.
    This has probably been asked already but I must have missed it sorry - will she have a seperate head and body morph.

Thanks

Post edited by scorpio on
    edited December 1969

Phlox said:

Smay did say Mavka was a possibility when I asked, which I'm delighted about.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2672/

The best thing about Genesis (for me) are the shapes and unique character you can create - so I'm delighted to see Sadie coming to Genesis - great work. :)

I most emphatically concur, Phlox! The more Genesis figures, the better.

edited December 1969

One word.. Nursoda....

edited August 2012

Hey, 3D Universe guys!

Post some of those pics you have on the main forum for 3D Universe here!

I'm sure people who use Genesis would love to see some of those mixes -n- matches! :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    There was no need for a CMS or "Smart Content" to display one's content in an easy to access format (which require separate attention to maintain). Hence my comment about often needing to play "IT tech" rather than "3D artist".

There's no need to use the CMS if you don't want to. I looked at the Smart Content window for the first time last week! There's apparently a couple of things that make it worthwhile to have the CMS running, but that doesn't actually mean you need to use it.

As for layout issues, my single screen layout replicates my DS3 layout, but with more tabs open and a shade more space for the viewport, so I don't think it's the case that 4.5 is more cluttered, it's how you have it arranged.

edited December 1969

Or we could just digress into a squabble over platforms instead of respecting the efforts of the artist themselves and reject the notion of taking it to another thread... yes.... that's what we'll do. *sigh*

3D Universe. You guys are doing GREAT work and I hope this thread takes a turn to respecting your efforts more and talking about your work which I am sure was the original intent of the thread.

Nuff said.

edited December 1969

To answer the question posed about separate head/body morphs - Sadie for Genesis comes with a extra head morph that can be used alone for just Sadie's head on the Genesis body, or can be used to zero out the Sadie morph to get Sadie's body with a Genesis head.

We've now added a Sam morph to the mix.

S

WIPSam01.jpg
    500 x 650 - 86K
    edited September 2012

WOW. With news like this I feel bad for non-Genesis users:) Sam looks great!!!!!!!!!

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

To answer the question posed about separate head/body morphs - Sadie for Genesis comes with a extra head morph that can be used alone for just Sadie's head on the Genesis body, or can be used to zero out the Sadie morph to get Sadie's body with a Genesis head.

We've now added a Sam morph to the mix.

S

AWW~! This... IS... FANTASTIC!!! I love them! Adorable!

Alexa

jcdragon-want.gif
    50 x 50 - 3K
    edited December 1969

So looking forward to these two. Again, great work, guys.