Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin [Commercial]

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873

It works thankfully.

I did the wearable preset cause i was alread in the middle of a promo and I needed to apply the GH node to G3F with out jumping through hoops by loading and morphing a second figure

• GoneGone Posts: 833

Not sure why you would need to load a second figure - but, as long as you are not changing the hair line, a wearable preset would be the faster way to work.

Get all the maps properly identified in all the panels, set up the base distribution panel to your preferred defaults, don't do any styling, and save as a preset. Now you can load the preset with most of the work done and you can focus on styling.

Of course, if you are a stubborn curmudgeon like me, you want to do things the hard way. smiley

the wearable preset worked.   Easiest way to do it.

• MJWMJW Posts: 511

I don't understand why you need maps for GH. It does the generation directly onto the figure, surely? I can't see a way to use the maps,

Before you can generate hair, you have to paint the parts of the model with a density map to tell Garibaldi where to grow the hair.

G3 uses a different UV system from previous models so the only surface that you can actually paint on in the Garibaldi paint panel is the face. So, if you want to grow hair on any other surface, you have to paint the density maps in a paint app and then import into Garibaldi.

While you won't be able to see or edit the density map in the paint panel, the rest of the panels can "see" them and will grow the hair properly.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

...so if you don't like what you see or slipped up in some way, you have to go back to the paint programme and start all over again? Sounds like way more trouble than it is worth. 

Another reason to stay with G2 (still haven't installed G3F).

kyoto kid said:

...so if you don't like what you see or slipped up in some way, you have to go back to the paint programme and start all over again? Sounds like way more trouble than it is worth. 

You can apply the maps you painted to G3F to see where you are and make adjustments afterwards.  Not a perfect solution but better then nothing. 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited July 2015
    kyoto kid said:

Pretty much you only need to do that once, because a density map can be used for many different hair styles...so one or two basic maps are all you really need.  After they are made, then it's pretty much business as usual.

What I don't get is why nobody has put up a set of basic 'density' maps for several figures...they are pretty much the same thing as a texture set (as far as being redistributable).

Post edited by mjc1016 on

I thought I had used GH on G3F and not the face, but you are right Gone - so how do I get the maps into G3F, please?

I do find G2 works on G3 generally, though, but needless to say, I can't do it at present......

The problem with GH is that you don't see what you actually have until you render.

Here's some basic density maps for G3F hair.

Make sure they have the correct surface name when you download, put them in a folder and load normally in Garibaldi.

Face.png
    1024 x 1024 - 34K
    Torso.png
    1024 x 1024 - 32K
  • MacSaversMacSavers Posts: 324

I don't see any for the face. ;-)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Does this count?cheeky

Face.png
    1024 x 1024 - 10K
  • MacSaversMacSavers Posts: 324

Oooo.... nice. ;-)

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Thank you very much, Gone!

What???? You mean there are people who actually want this stuff!!!!!!

Your welcome.laugh

Thank you very much Gone!

Sorry, but 'load nromally in Garibaldi' implies that I know how to load anything in Garibaldi. What I do is pick a figure, and then Garibaldi creates the areas to be haired on a mock-up of that figure.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Thank you Gone! :)

Step by step (assumes Windows for the downloads):

- create a folder anywhere for the downloaded files in the first post. eg "G3FHair"

- click eack of the attached images to bring it to full size. Right click and choose "Save image as..." Make sure you change the name to match what the attachment name shows and place the file in the newly created folder. The G3FHair folder should have 2 files Face and Torso.

- create another folder for the second post. eg "G3FBrows"

- repeat the download process and make sure the file is names "Face"

- In DS, load the G3F character.

- In the create menu, select "New Garibaldi hair"

- In the edit menu, select "Edit Garibaldi hair"

- In the Garibaldi popup, select the setup tab and tick Face and Torso.

- In the Paint tab, select "Import". Navigate to the folder (eg G3FHair) and click the select folder button. Remember - you are selecting the folder -- not the files in the folder. A popup will ask you to select the type and name - just use the defaults. If you did it right, a message will appear saying success.

- In the Distribute tab just under amount is a texture drop down with "Hair Density" selected. Open the drop down and select the imported name (eg G3FHair)

- Your now ready to create your masterpiece.

- Same process for the brows, but you only need to tick Face in the setup tab.

Note: the Face suface is the only one that you can edit in the paint tab  - so you can always paint/edit the brow directly in the paint tab.

Here's a quickie I did a while back.

She has the default G3F texture - just changed the diffuse colour. The painted brow is under the Garibaldi brow.

G3FDark.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 245K
    edited July 2015

Thank you for that additional info Gone.

Post edited by Mattymanx on

Gone, That's really helpful. It's no wonder I didn't know how to do it. Will try this when at my main computer.

Again, thanks.

edited July 2015

Gone,

How did you manage to get the round face? G3F is a little long and angular for my taste.....

Post edited by MJW on

As with all the Genesis versions, DAZ sells the evolution morph pack.

I used the "face round" morph (60%) and the "jaw height" morph (100%) to pull the chin up. There's a bunch of other dial spins but those are the ones that get the round face look.

Ahah! Got it, thanks, Gone.

Since we are talking G3F here's a quickie with the (mostly) Skyler morph.

A quick caveat about the brow map. It was painted againtst the default G3F texture so lines up perfectly with that texture. Against the Skyler texture, the brow arcs outward at a slightly higher angle.

An easy fix, but the point here was to use the map as is.

As far as the Skyler texture is concerned, the only changes I made were to paint out the brows and reduce the strength of the bump noise channel as it was way too high. Otherwise, this is the default 3DL Skyler texture under white lights.

G3FSkylerish.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 197K

For anyone looking in to getting Garaibaldi Express Hair Systyem, it is currently in Fastgrab and really inexpensive

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited July 2015

Looks like a bargain right now, Matty.

*edit*  Just added it to my DS.

Post edited by scatha on
  • smaker1smaker1 Posts: 275

Hello,

couldn't found the info: can I export the hair (obj format) from Daz for rendering in Octane for example (without the plug in)  

Thanks

smaker1 said:

Hello,

couldn't found the info: can I export the hair (obj format) from Daz for rendering in Octane for example (without the plug in)  

Thanks

You can export the Garibaldi Hair from the Garibaldi window to OBJ.  The option is in the upper left of the window