Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
edited October 2012 in The Commons

Check out the ANNUAL PA SALE HERE ANNUAL PA SALE 2012

And then use this thread to post pictures, positive comments, random lamentation about how your credit card is going to find DAZ in teh night and leave a mule's head in the bed...

It HAS BEGUN!
Enjoy!

Post edited by DAZ_bfurner on

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

Sorry but I get an page cannot be found message from your link.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Corrected a typo in the URL. Try now. :)
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

yep that fixed it.
    Thanks

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Thank you!

adamr001 said:
    Corrected a typo in the URL. Try now. :)
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Finally after months of waiting the Candy Factory for Hitomi is finally mine, yatta! Sale started earlier than I thought but I'm not complaining.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

It would be nice if we could subscribe to announcements to get updates. I'm not going to remember to check an announcement each day unless I get a notification for it to remind me and I hope that's not how it will be done with the PC sale next month :(

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    It would be nice if we could subscribe to announcements to get updates. I'm not going to remember to check an announcement each day unless I get a notification for it to remind me and I hope that's not how it will be done with the PC sale next month :(

I have to agree, especially with my current eye problems. Which also pretty much ensures I'm not buying much this year if anything. *sigh* Why couldn't you have kept the sale in November like it used to be? Maybe then I could have shaken some change out of the couch, now I have to save it.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited August 2012

Is it me, or is that weird? An announcement with no images? Just links

mac

Post edited by maclean on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

maclean said:
    Is it me, or is that a weird thread? No images? Just links

mac

It's an "Announcement," not a thread. You can find Announcements at the top of each forum, above the list of threads. For some reason, my eyes tend to just skip past them...I'll notice the sticky threads first, then the regular threads. I wouldn't have noticed that announcement except that it was linked in this thread. Do others have the same experience? I have a feeling I'm not alone in this.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited August 2012

maclean said:
    Is it me, or is that a weird thread? No images? Just links

mac

Not just you. I'm betting the coding was messed up somewhere.

Edit to add: there are a few stickies they could clear out and replace with this one. It wouldn't be the same as an announcement thread, but it would be better than nothing.

Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited August 2012

Yes, it's an announcement, but it's never been done that way before. We normally have everything in one thread.

I only found it through this thread too. I only ever look at New Posts, and it doesn't appear there.

mac

Post edited by maclean on
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,798
    edited August 2012

DAZ_Kevin said:
    ... use this thread to post pictures, positive comments, random lamentation about how your credit card is going to find DAZ in teh night and leave a mule's head in the bed...

My credit card fled the country when the PA sale was first announced, and is now living under an assumed identity in Brazil.

Post edited by bytescapes on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited August 2012

We're working on getting the thread stickied.

Edit: It is now a sticky

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Finally after months of waiting the Candy Factory for Hitomi is finally mine, yatta! Sale started earlier than I thought but I'm not complaining.

Yeah, I am just downloading it... Have been also waiting for months.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I've been looking forward to this for a long time. My first PA sale (unless you count March Madness). Just wish I had a bigger budget for it...

As far as today's items go, I own one: Jerome by Virtual World. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/jerome I definitely recommend him...especially at today's price! :)

Stonemason's products are very, very tempting...

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited August 2012

Frank0314 said:
    We're working on getting the thread stickied.

Edit: It is now a sticky

Then it needs to wash up. I need to win the lottery -- I've already spent too much money (Stonemason Day, can you blame me?).
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • Alpha ChannelAlpha Channel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

At least it is already Day 6 out of 7 of the Rendo Vendor Sale. Then I can concentrate all my money (eh, of course not ALL my money!) on DAZ PA sale. I am curious how I will manage when it happens simultaneously with my school exams... If only they would have waited for November.

• KinichKinich Posts: 853
    edited December 1969

OK, so you move the PA Sale from November to September and then start it in August, have all those 'Daz Soon' delays had some sort of temporal backlash at last or what!

Then you start with Stonemason! I managed to restrain myself (just back from my hols, the kids are about to start a new term at school, I don't get paid for another two weeks) and only bought myself Winter Kingdoms.

So here is a quick render with my new set!

Stonemason-Winter-01.jpg
    1000 x 707 - 317K
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Damn that Stonemason.

I was only going to get that Ruins 3 set.
    I go to his page and there is a Ruins 4 set too!

In the cart they went. Out came the money.

Go easy on us vendors.

edited December 1969

Kinich said:
    Then you start with Stonemason! I managed to restrain myself (just back from my hols, the kids are about to start a new term at school, I don't get paid for another two weeks) and only bought myself Winter Kingdoms.

Those kids don't need any of those fancy school supplies, but you do need more Stonemason.

This comment is not approved by the Ministry of Education

:-)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
    edited August 2012

As one vendor and friend said to me when I told him he should stop releasing so much cool stuff:
    -"I just help you guys to keep your wallets slimmed" ;)

Post edited by Totte on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    Kinich said:

Those kids don't need any of those fancy school supplies, but you do need more Stonemason.

Between the two kids this year we spent $600 on school supplies and clothing. So, I'm not sure how much buying I'll be able to do.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    As one vendor and friend said to me when I told him he should stop releasing so much cool stuff:
    -"I just help you guys to keep your wallets slimmed" ;)

Well, my wallet DOES fit in my pocket better.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    tsarist said:
    Kinich said:

Between the two kids this year we spent $600 on school supplies and clothing. So, I'm not sure how much buying I'll be able to do.

Wow Frank, that's quite a bit.
    I guess most of that is clothing, because the office supply store is damn near giving away the supplies. I saw packs of pens, paper, notebooks, etc going for about 10c each.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    Frank0314 said:
    tsarist said:
    Kinich said:

Wow Frank, that's quite a bit.
    I guess most of that is clothing, because the office supply store is damn near giving away the supplies. I saw packs of pens, paper, notebooks, etc going for about 10c each.

That depends on what age and what classes. A friend of mine dropped nearly $200 on a scientific calculator for her High School aged son. And we're still waiting for the shoe to drop on the insurance for my daughter's school laptop.

Yeah. The PA sale, where my Wishlist grows exponentially in relation to my runtime... :)

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Stonemason Day! I'm hoping someone with one or both of these sets can help me - I'm trying to decide between Streets of Asia I and II, and noticed in the description that Streets of Asia II seems to consist only of preloads for Daz Studio and Poser - does this mean that none of the separate parts such as the potted plants can be moved or added separately? And are both sets like that? I LOVE these sets, but I do sort of like to move things around to make it more unique... Thanks for any help or advice! -Cathy

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Decisions. Do I buy Stonemason's urban future bundle or do I get the greeble & streets of asia 1&2 instead. Decisions,

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Just get 'em all. You know you want to.

This way I don't feel bad for buying everything ;)

• KinichKinich Posts: 853
    edited August 2012

Cathy_Mod said:
    Stonemason Day! I'm hoping someone with one or both of these sets can help me - I'm trying to decide between Streets of Asia I and II, and noticed in the description that Streets of Asia II seems to consist only of preloads for Daz Studio and Poser - does this mean that none of the separate parts such as the potted plants can be moved or added separately? And are both sets like that? I LOVE these sets, but I do sort of like to move things around to make it more unique... Thanks for any help or advice! -Cathy

I don't have Streets of Asia 2 but do have the original, the set (SOA 1) consists of the main preloaded scene, a smaller scene just featuring the central courtyard area and 8 props (Blossom Patch, Blossom Strip, Column C, Column Small, Column Tall, Fence, Lantern & Pot Plant)

Screen shot below.

And above that is a little something I put together using SOA a while back.

Troll-Wide-01-1800.jpg
    1800 x 973 - 327K
    SOA_Bits.jpg
    684 x 326 - 110K
    Post edited by Kinich on