Lycan Transformation (Morphing)

edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Loving the versatility of the genesis figure, sooo I made this video.

http://youtu.be/LBWhPf0wA0Q

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

nice work :)

• edited December 1969

Thanks Ivy!

• UVDanUVDan Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Awesome upon awesome!! Please tell me how you animated the textures. I am trying to do the same, but in reverse. Looks like your dude stole my boxers.

• edited December 1969

UVDan said:
    Awesome upon awesome!! Please tell me how you animated the textures. I am trying to do the same, but in reverse. Looks like your dude stole my boxers.

The texture changing is basically just 2 different renders of the same shot, 1 with each texture, and then blended together in any video editing software.

edited December 1969

Thanks. That is exactly how I thought it would be done. ( But I was sure hoping it could be done in DS.)

Keeping people logged in is basic website functionality that should have been insured when this site was built.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,791
    edited December 1969

I did something similar in Carrara with a sexy girl turning into a Lycan, ofcourse Carrara has animated textures!
    so it was quite simple to save a global shader based on V4's uv's in both MS Lycan's textures and in my case Reby Sky then create a layered shader and transition between the two.
    one could do it in studio with two figures occupying the same space with the same animation and Casual's Matanim script on the opacity channel of each I guess if one did not wish to do it postwork.

edited December 1969

Thanks Wendy. Nothing is simple in Cararra for me. I may have to try your other suggestion, although the thought of using a script is equally scarey.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,791
    edited August 2012

not scary, you will find the script in RichHaseltines list
    you just load it and check opacity animatable as true on the little chart that opens
    then along the timeline adjust the parameters in surfaces
    same with colour, displacement bump etc, all can be animated.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on