lost and struggling

edited August 2012 in New Users

ok I am an airbrusher and use daz as a model for my art work to position figures in just the right pose......I have 4.5 and have used daz since 2010 the old stuff worked good and so the new should work at least that well. Not necessarily the case as I am finding out.

I believe since i had Daz set up on my old harddrive in XP 32 that it would be safe and secure there and and new files i had i would send to the new Drive (H) in my case. I downloaded 4.5 installed to H things like vicky4 base, 4.2, amandas hair ,desire hair, v4power loader,jeanz,,crocodile,genesis,Catllin,VH Carina for Victoria 4 and Genesis, 25 downloads in all now after carefully installing only about 1/2 of the stuff works and it is scattered between 3 drives.(I was careful to install each of the 25 to a single place H:/users/ buster/docs/daz/my studio/library yet when i open the program i see content from everywhere and most when selected will not move from content to the figure chosen and if it does it it will not stay attached and yes i downloaded auto fit and when you try and put in the serial number it does nothing either. Please some one out there help me this was supposed to make painting simple and fast and has been anything but so I am quite bewildered.

Post edited by busterstratton2_c7fc566579 on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

First question. Did you set that folder up as both a Daz Studio Formats path and A Poser Formats path in your preference's in DS4.5Pro?

• edited December 1969

I let it auto run and there is poser formats in the main H directory (runtime)

daz_library.jpg
    767 x 548 - 142K
    edited December 1969

I see the item loaded but is not FIT to the character. For items to Auto fit you must have the character selected in the scene when you load the item. A quick fix would be select the Item in the Scene Tab and then open the Parameters Tab at the bottom find FIT TO and set it to your character. I think that is all that is happening.

Let us know it that's it.

• edited December 1969

same exact result

procedure select genesis figure
    content library select bottom
    scene click on bottom
    parameters misc fit to select genesis same result no fit

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You are using the Standard version of DS4 because you have not entered the serial for the Pro version from your Account. Autofit only works with the Pro version. If you bought DS4 Pro through the store via your shopping cart, you should have a serial number for it in your My Account area. Next time you load DS4, go to Help > Register, and enter the Pro serail number, Exit DS4 and restart, then you will have the Pro version and Autofit will work, no need to enter any further serails.

• edited December 1969

no ds4 serial number been a registered member since 2010 have the 3.1 number and the autofit number and tons of dowlloads but no DS4 or DS4.5 pro number in my account

edited August 2012

That explains it, I think. Did you try a reset of your DS4.5 from your account? That should give all the newest updates and add the Serial number to your account.

Edit; You do need Auto fit working so we need to get 4.5 registered to Pro.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • edited December 1969

ok did reset re-downloaded all content still same problem no show of serial number in my serial numbers location very sad and frustrated at this point

edited August 2012

Okay, was your Download a EXE or a ZIP? I think the serial is in the README file. I'm still hunting a link for you. We will get you going.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • edited August 2012

thanks for the help searched all the readme nothing there and they were all exe's

Post edited by busterstratton2_c7fc566579 on
    edited December 1969

If the serial number is still not in your account, 'buy' DS4Pro through the shopping cart, and checkout. No need to redownload anything, just lift the serial number from your My Account area. Buying the item again should definitely get you the number.

• edited December 1969

ok jimmy that worked fine still need to cleanup old daz files and put in only 1 location i believe thanks very much for the help not so frustrated anymore

edited December 1969

ok jimmy that worked fine still need to cleanup old daz files and put in only 1 location i believe thanks very much for the help not so frustrated anymore

That's what we like to see, well done. :-)

• revenger681revenger681 Posts: 156
    edited December 1969

I just got done doing the same thing, I feel your frustration. lol. It's nice to have a clean directory eh? :)