PostgreSQL CMS

Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

hi

i try to install postgre sql cms with the dim and i lost my smart content

i have windows 7 and kaspersky

kaspersky seem to block nothing

i'd like to reinstall the old cms but i don't find the exe ... where is it ?

thanks in advance

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Did you also install the file called 'PostgreSQL CMS From Valentina CMS Conversion'?

That converst the older Valentina db files to PostgreSQL and then you Smart Content should work as expected. I would strongly advise you to try the newer Posetgres CMS system, as it has proved to be much more stable than the older Valentina one.

When you run DAZ Studio, go to the drop-down menu in the Content Library pane, and try clicking on 'Start CMS' and let me know if that works.

i’d like to reinstall the old cms but i don’t find the exe ... where is it ?

There never was an EXE for this, it was always installed as part of the main application install.

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

Did you also install the file called 'PostgreSQL CMS From Valentina CMS Conversion'?

That converst the older Valentina db files to PostgreSQL and then you Smart Content should work as expected. I would strongly advise you to try the newer Posetgres CMS system, as it has proved to be much more stable than the older Valentina one.

When you run DAZ Studio, go to the drop-down menu in the Content Library pane, and try clicking on 'Start CMS' and let me know if that works.

There never was an EXE for this, it was always installed as part of the main application install.

ok i will try and i will do screen capture to show my problem

thanks for your help

edited December 1969

hi

yes i install 'PostgreSQL CMS From Valentina CMS Conversion" but nothing happen

when i click on start cms nothing happen to

i reinstall everything but samrt content don't appear

thanks for your help

edited December 1969

The other thing to try is to reimport the metadata.

In the drop-down menu in the Content Library pane, select 'Content DB Maintenance' and then 'Re-Import Metadata' Hopefully that will fix Smart Content for you.

If that doesn't work, please let me know.

edited December 1969

The other thing to try is to reimport the metadata.

In the drop-down menu in the Content Library pane, select 'Content DB Maintenance' and then 'Re-Import Metadata' Hopefully that will fix Smart Content for you.

If that doesn't work, please let me know.

hi

i reimport metadatas but it was very speed and nothing change

thanks a lot for your help and your patience

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

In the Content Library pane, do you see 3 items (DAZ Studio Formats, Poser Formats, Other Formats) or 5 (the above plus Products and Categories)?

edited December 1969

hi

i see daz format, poser format and other import format

i reinstall postgresql and i activate kaspesky notification , it say nothing ...

thanks

edited December 1969

If you don't see 'Products' and 'Categories' in your Content Library pane, it means that your CMS (PostgreSQL) is not running.

When you run DAZ Studio, you should have several instances of 'postgres.exe' running in Task Manager. With DAZ Studio and the Task Manager open, try to 'Start CMS' from the Content Library drop-down menu to see if that causes CMS to run.

If that doesn't do anything, then there is something wrong with your install of PosstgreSQL or something is blocking it. Mike will be able to help more I'M sure.

edited December 1969

If you don't see 'Products' and 'Categories' in your Content Library pane, it means that your CMS (PostgreSQL) is not running.

When you run DAZ Studio, you should have several instances of 'postgres.exe' running in Task Manager. With DAZ Studio and the Task Manager open, try to 'Start CMS' from the Content Library drop-down menu to see if that causes CMS to run.

If that doesn't do anything, then there is something wrong with your install of PosstgreSQL or something is blocking it. Mike will be able to help more I'M sure.

i have no potgres.exe running in task manager

i reinstall postgre and desactivate kaspersky

nothing change

thanks a lot for your help

hi 

it is possible to reinstall the "old smart content " , i need the product list 

thanks in advance

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009

Did you get your problem solved yet?

no 

i don't have smart content anymore ;o)