Request: empty sea after sundown?

henri-2146620henri-2146620 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I downloaded Bryce but it keeps crashing on mu Macbook Pro when I change the render settings to panorama 2:1

Can anybody help me by rendering a clear sea in 360 degrees (preferable 8K by 6K resolution otherwise 4000 x 2000 pixels will have to do.

It wil be photoshopped in this image to replace the houses on the riverbank, as if the bridge is in the middle of the sea! If possible it should resemble the water in the image as much as possible ;-)

http://c360.nl/loose/bridge.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Henri Smeets
Amsterdam

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,056
    edited December 1969

I'm not good at Macs and what you experience may be a Mac problem. Otherwise, you can render directly a 360° cylindrical panorama out of Bryce, the width is restricted to 4000 pixels. You talk about 4000 x 2000 or 2:1 aspect ratio. This hints to a spherical panorama 360° x 180°. There are several ways to render such an image in several parts. There are 4 tutorials that came with Bryce 7.1 pro that show how this can be done.

Bryce cannot render a 360° x 180° panorama in the spherical projection. But there is the Spherical Mapper (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bryce-7-pro-spherical-mapper/) which gives the Bryce camera a "lens" that can render such a panorama in one go - it was developed for exactly that purpose.

• henri-2146620henri-2146620 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi Horo,

Thanks for the quick reply!

You're right about me wanting to create a spherical render. The Image show is a spherical photo in which I want to replace the houses and surroundings of the bridge with an 'empty' sea panorama. This will be done in Photoshop by masking the areas other than the bridge. All I need is the empty sea in 360 degrees!

Any setting I change in the Document Setup results in a crash of the app, very unfortunate!

Running Bryce 7 Pro, MacOSX 10.7.4, 8 GB RAM

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

henri said:
    Hi Horo,

Thanks for the quick reply!

You're right about me wanting to create a spherical render. The Image show is a spherical photo in which I want to replace the houses and surroundings of the bridge with an 'empty' sea panorama. This will be done in Photoshop by masking the areas other than the bridge. All I need is the empty sea in 360 degrees!

Any setting I change in the Document Setup results in a crash of the app, very unfortunate!

Running Bryce 7 Pro, MacOSX 10.7.4, 8 GB RAM

You should feel very lucky, most people can't even get past the registration process without Bryce Crashing in Lion. You might want to give it a go under parallels as I understand several people are having success using Bryce on a Mac system using lion and parallels.