Installed Daz Studio 4.5 but no content installed??

dee_dubdee_dub Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I've installed Daz Studio 4.5 and when I launch the program I have no content installed. Yes I did notice another installer called "GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx" which I'd assume is the starter content but when I double click it to launch the installer nothing happens.

I'm really getting frustrated over and over again. I've installed and uninstall Daz Studio 4.5 3 times now and still nothing. I've tried installer the "GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx" over and over and nothing. I will say that when I double click the "GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx" installer I do see the installer icon launch but that's it, nothing happens. By the way the same thing happens when I try to install the "DS4_GoZ_1.2.0.114_Mac64" installer the bridge application for Daz Studio to Zbrush, absolutely nothing.

So I can't even install the basic content to even start.

thanks for your time.

Ps. I'm using a Mac and I'm running Snow Leopard OS 10.6.8

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What size is the ZIP file for the Mac for the GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx?

It may be a corrupted download, and you may need to clear your browser cache, and redownload it. I have not seen any other Mac users commenting on this, and you really need the Essentials to use Genesis at all.

Are you sure that you are downloading the ZIP file for the Mac, and not the EXE installer for the PC?

• dee_dubdee_dub Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

JimmyC thanks for the reply!!

The file size is 451mb. Absolutely 100% sure they are Mac files as the GenesisStarter installer ZIP file unzipped with the Mac Daz Studio installer, plus I tried again and went to "My Downloads" page and downloaded the Mac file and also just checked the page again after reading your reply to confirm it was the Mac file and it was. I'll try clearing my browser cache and then get back to this post.

Post edited by dee_dub on
    edited December 1969

The size looks about right, my windows version says it is 419 MB, but it shows as 429 MB on the disk, the Mac one could be larger I suppose.

Yes, all you can do is try again. Did you 'buy' the 4.5 version throught the store? I mean did you put it into your cart and checkout, or did you get it from a link from the home page?

edited December 1969

I've done both cart/checkout and link from home page. I'm downloading it again from my download page. Something is odd in my firefox download manager it's like halfway download but there is no progress bar and it's taking longer then I think it should to download. I've never had a problem like this before.

edited December 1969

You could maybe try another browser?

What we really need in here is another Mac user who has downloaded this. Hopefully one will pop in shortly.

edited December 1969

Well ain't that grand. I've downloaded it 4 times so my downloads have expired. I went to see if I could reset the download but there doesn't seem to be an option to reset that download. fml :(

I've never had this happen before with any downloads this is the weirdest thing.

edited December 1969

Mine is in my Itemised Order History, under DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro, the date is a help in finding it, as it ends in a '12'. It is all in alphabetical order I'm afraid, so go on a few pages to the start of the 'D's.

You should then be able to reset it instantly.

edited December 1969

Ok I'll try that tomorrow as its late and need to sleep. Thanks for
    Your help.

edited December 1969

So I downloaded it in another browser, Safari and it worked like a charm. I've never had a problem with downloads before on Firefox. Anyways thanks again JimmyC for your time and help :)

edited December 1969

You are most welcome, I'm glad you got there in the end :)