Uh oh... Watch out Valandar and DAZ!

Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The weekly freebie's smartphone has rounded corners! Be watching for Apple's lawyers to be raiding your offices soon.

Kendall

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited August 2012

I thought the same thing LOL. I think DAZ "willingly" copied signature generic design concepts with this weeks freebie!

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,730
    edited December 1969

I want an iDAZ!

• edited December 1969

Futurama eyePhone, hee hee. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaHUpWuqNHY

• Alpha ChannelAlpha Channel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The weekly freebie's smartphone has rounded corners! Be watching for Apple's lawyers to be raiding your offices soon.

Kendall

This was the first thing that went through my mind as well when I saw the freebie and the promo images. :D

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited August 2012

Nah, look closely it has a button, must be a Samsung :snake:

I have got to wonder why MS and HP didn't go after Snapple with its clear ripoff of its IPaq line. Now that little machine looked and did what a IPhone and IPod did in terms of capability, design and even its "i-name" moniker, almost 10 years earlier. The last models of the HP IPaq even had a phone. The only thing that Snapple didnt ripoff was its uber-cool expansion pack design.

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Well, it's DS only(.dsf). Maybe they will be forgiven... ;-P

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Apple will be sending their goon squad around to smash any computer that has such images on it. Unless of course, you're on a Mac... :)

Lest we think this is entirely in jest, consider the following. In the early days of the 20th Century, when the motion picture industry was in its infancy, Thomas Edison hired goons and thugs to go around to the east coast movie studios and smash or seize movie cameras made by companies that had not paid him royalties on his patents. This is why the movie studios moved to a little patch of Orange trees we now call ... Hollywood. :coolsmirk:

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

I just received a Cease and Desist injunction while downloading the new freebie. Stopped my download cold.

Luckily, someone from Samsung was monitoring my download, and stepped in to circumvent the stall.

I think he pressed resume on the pause button...

Great freebie. Thank you DAZ, and Valandar!

edited December 1969

ROFL! (we still need a real animated ROFL in the smileys. Hello, hello?)

• Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

I don't know how you people think you can get away with saying the "A" word.

I hear that already grocery stores are being required to sell only square varieties of... the fruit.

edited December 1969

This is hilarious. Expensive "advertising" for Samsung, but they may make it up in the long run...

http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/25/3268479/the-irony-of-a-billion-dollar-lawsuit-it-is-all-good-advertising-for

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

Would it be too self-conscious to note that these were made a few months ago, long before the lawsuit was decided? :D

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

The corners look clipped or squared to me in the promo images, looks more like a gem shape on the phone, quick patent the design before the fruit company

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

JeanneM said:
    Well, it's DS only(.dsf). Maybe they will be forgiven... ;-P

Hmmm. It says DS and Poser in the one slot.
    It seems odd that this would be DS only.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

They are BOTH DS and Poser, actually. :D

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Valandar said:

Thanks Valandar.
    Those are useful items you made.

You might want to let Daz know they need to change the product page because in one part it says Daz/Poser.
    In the next part it says dsf file (which is Daz only)
    Confusing.

• Dream9StudiosDream9Studios Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    Valandar said:

Thanks Valandar.
    Those are useful items you made.

You might want to let Daz know they need to change the product page because in one part it says Daz/Poser.
    In the next part it says dsf file (which is Daz only)
    Confusing.

I second that! Thank you, Valandar!

Glad to hear it's for Poser too! I was worried when I saw only .dsf in the "What's Included & Features" tab. :)

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Oh, it's even more fun. Only the Poser version is showing up in my downloads... twice. :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited December 1969

I "bought" it on my Samsung Galaxy tab but I can only download ;-P Mac %-P zip files on it, need to use my PC to do exe files.
    it is a conspiracy by App , . ? I mean banana I tell you! to make you buy a Mac 'pooter
    (I can only do zip files on mobile anyway btw, incidently I downloaded Daz studio 4.5rc on my Android!!!, as THAT had pc zip files thx Daz! just having a bit of jest! but plssssssssss do bring on the pc zip files!)

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

The Dazphone and the Dazpad are FREE (for a limited time).... ha ha... take that Appple. The rounded corners are really just chamfers from Hexagon so Daz owns that patent. Appple has become the controlling power-crats on the screen in their own famous 1984 commercial and the lady rushing in with the big sledge hammer is Victoria 5 for Genesis.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the phone and tablet. :-) The file I downloaded was 14557_SmartphoneAndTablet_1.0_dpc.exe, which has the "dpc" label signifying Daz Poser Combo. There is a separate metadata installer, and the same over again for Mac. The usual 4 installers from the last generation of executable installers. You end up with .pp2 and .dsa files in the same folder under props.

Now if some enterprising texture freak out there would re-texture it so there is a link to ArtZone on it (evil grin).

There's definitely a grid of icons on that phone. Here comes the Apple goon squad...

Phone-Daphony-test001.jpg
    800 x 600 - 81K
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

I was gonna say it worked pretty good in my poser if it was meant just for daz

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

...unable to place the freebie in my cart. Every time I go to the product page it indicates I am logged out even though I am already logged onto the store site. When I finally got it to show my status as being logged in, it gave me an error message that I could only add the item once to my cart even though my cart shows zero items.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

I'm proud to say that this is my very first smart phone!

And I still have no idea how they work...

• MassMinionMassMinion Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...unable to place the freebie in my cart. Every time I go to the product page it indicates I am logged out even though I am already logged onto the store site. When I finally got it to show my status as being logged in, it gave me an error message that I could only add the item once to my cart even though my cart shows zero items.

Yes I'm having the same issue.......I added the item while logged out...........logged in to download.........item gone from cart.......can no longer add item to cart.....???????............"The maximum quantity allowed for purchase is 1".

Post edited by MassMinion on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I'm proud to say that this is my very first smart phone!

And I still have no idea how they work...

I don't even have a nonsmart mobile. ;)

• MassMinionMassMinion Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Seem to have found a fix......clear your cashe.......then add to cart.........for some reason when I went through the purchase process I was prompted that the item could not be ordered in multiple quantities???........for some reason the quantity box showed I ordered 2 of the same item????............just switch it to 1 and every thing then functions as normal...........very odd.