Problems Purchasing Carrara 8 Pro Upgrade

Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
edited August 2012 in Carrara Discussion

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I select Carrara 8 Pro Upgrade to add to my Shopping Cart. It then tells me that there are options to edit so I click on the edit button only to be lead back to the product page. But where are the options I am supposed to be accessing? Any feedback would be useful. Thanks!

Post edited by Rashad Carter on

Comments

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

No one with any advice? The store seems to want me to configure the upgrade but I dont know how to do that.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2012

No advice, but I am trying to see if I can get some, or find out what is happening.

Edited to add I have flagged this up, having confirmed that there appears to be a missing drop down list. Another thing you could maybe do is contact Daz yourself, either with a support ticket or even phoning.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

There seems to be a problem with that product page. I've contacted the people responsible for that page and we will get it fixed. For now, if you want to purchase the upgrade, contact Sales Support and they will create the purchase for you. Email is the best, then if needed you can have them call you to finish the transaction.

edited December 1969

Thanks, guys!

edited December 1969

This is still broken. With my platinum club discount I can get it for 65% off, yet every time I try to order it I get this issue with configuring. Am I to assume that no one is buying Carrara 8 pro?

Also, just a matter of opinion, is it even wise for me to purchase Carrara 8 pro right now when 8.5 should be released soon? Not a wealthy person here, just trying to make my dollars work as hard as they can. Thanks for any feedback.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited August 2012

Actually I was just looking at what the cost was...I couldn't find the drop down to specify the "from"? Do I have to add it to cart?

Yep...same configure problem. Any idea whats the cost for C7P upgrade? (for plat and non-plat?)

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • BubbaRichardBubbaRichard Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm getting the same problem when I add the Pro Upgrade to my cart.

edited December 1969

This is still broken. With my platinum club discount I can get it for 65% off, yet every time I try to order it I get this issue with configuring. Am I to assume that no one is buying Carrara 8 pro?

Also, just a matter of opinion, is it even wise for me to purchase Carrara 8 pro right now when 8.5 should be released soon? Not a wealthy person here, just trying to make my dollars work as hard as they can. Thanks for any feedback.

Rashad:

I'm sorry, there is a major problem with that product page. Please contact Britney in our Sales Support team, she will be able to give you the discount you need and get this product purchased. We are working on getting this page fixed and or recreated. Thanks for pointing out the problem is still there. We will get it resolved.

edited December 1969

Is it possible you can post the normal upgrade pricing for C7, C7Pro and C8 to C8 Pro in this thread? I asked sales support earlier today, but have not heard back.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited December 1969

The upgrade price for me a few months ago from c7pro to c8pro was 140 dollars. That included the PC discount. But it did not include the regular sales that Daz has, which means half off for Carrara, for example the current customer appreciation sale remix.

edited August 2012

Exactly, which is why I am hoping to get some response today, since that sale ends today. Anyone at Daz? Bueller?

To be honest, would be nice to know C8 Pro Upgrade cost, for Plat and non-Plat Members from C7, C7Pro and C8.

(may convince me to go plat)

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
    edited December 1969

The upgrade prices are as follows:

Carrara 8 Standard upgrade is $89.95
    Platinum Club Price is $62.95

Carrara 8 Pro upgrade is $300.95
    Platinum Club Price is $209.95

To purchase either of these upgrades please add Carrara 8 or 8 Pro to your cart, Britney can adjust the price to show as above and place the order for you.

I hope this helps!

edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply, but...

Does that mean there is no difference in pricing for a Carrara 7 Pro versus a Carrara 8 to Carrara 8 Pro upgrade? There used to be... (i.e. the guy above got it for $140 in PC, but no 1/2 off sale)

Also, the store shows the Carrara 8 Pro Upgrade right now is $274.98 (non-Platinum club), which means it's better to NOT call Britney and have her change it to $300.95?

(btw, still no response from Sales Support) :(

edited December 1969

Woohoo! I officially missed the sale with no follow-up here, and I never received a response from Daz support.

This place just irritates me now... >:(

It's a shame. I got my start in 3d here.

edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    Thanks for the reply, but...

Does that mean there is no difference in pricing for a Carrara 7 Pro versus a Carrara 8 to Carrara 8 Pro upgrade? There used to be... (i.e. the guy above got it for $140 in PC, but no 1/2 off sale)

Also, the store shows the Carrara 8 Pro Upgrade right now is $274.98 (non-Platinum club), which means it's better to NOT call Britney and have her change it to $300.95?

(btw, still no response from Sales Support) :(

The marketing team wants to simplify the upgrade process, and the upgrade price is the same for 6 or 7 to 8.

• longhairedartistlonghairedartist Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I’m having the same issues. Here’s what I wanted a 2 months ago:
    UPGRADE Carrara Pro7 to Carrara Pro8

I wished for it last year when there was still a functional shopping cart.

Here’s what I’m up against.

There was no longer an upgrade for a while!
    Now that there is, the pricing is not right. It’s like the pricing of a SIDEGRADE used to be. I’m already PRO, shouldn’t I be treated like it?

Evidence began to appear of what smelled fishy.

“Important pricing note: This page allows you to upgrade to Carrara 8 Pro from Carrara 8, Carrara 7, or Carrara 7 Express by clicking on the drop-down box at the upper right. The price shown next to your upgrade option is the actual price you will pay. Choose the product you are upgrading from and click “add to cart.”

I remember that drop down menu that let you choose what you were upgrading from.

OH well, I tried to add it to the cart and purchase… BUT!

“Some of the products below do not have all the required options. Please edit them and configure all the required options.”

What options? The drop down menu is gone man, I can’t select any!

HELP?
    I cannot possibly add the item i want to the cart.
    Brittney was no help. I made it clear that i did not use phones. How could i download the item i want anyway if it won't work in my cart? She gave up trying to duplicate the problem, and asked me to just call. Why is it so hard for her to solve via email? Because i want it in writing?
    I want the price other people were given, fair treatment, and i am just about to blog about this company that will not sell me a product i want.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Is there any particular reason you don't use a phone. The call is free, it's a toll free line as you are in the US, and far easier for DAZ3D overstretched CS to sort these sort of problems out with a pone call, as Britney has asked.

Believe you me, the company wants to sell you the prouduct you want,

DAZ_BFurner has explained that there is a problem with the store page for this product, and to contact sales support to sort it out.

• longhairedartistlonghairedartist Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A phone will not magically allow the store to work. As i described and explained to Brit, the store does not work. I cannot move beyond the error that the cart produces, which in turn makes a phone call to get a discount on a purchase completely meaningless, since there can be no purchase to begin with. I provided screen shots in my posting mid july. I don't think that my decision not to spend money on a phone, skype, should affect my customer service as we were in contact via email which suits me fine. Ideally someone would figure out that there is a variable in the store code that can no longer be added because the drop down menu on the upgrade item was amateurishly cut.
    Again, calling is not even going to solve my problem, since the phone does not access my computer to enable a shopping cart to function. Ideally, if the code can't be fixed, (solving others same problems) i should be given some sort of response saying here is a discount code you can use for a full product purchase, which is an identical end product that the upgrade path provides. We acknowledge your frustration and we reward your patience with a price point similar to others who have experienced the same problem.
    That can happen much faster than a phone call coupled with a last ditch emphatic sales pitch and longwinded conversation while waiting for management approval then a transfer to i don't know who to pay with credit card and wait again to fix the proce as quoted, only to arrive at the same problem, it will not complete in the shopping cart, so maybe will i wait for a cd to arrive in the mail. No thank you.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    ...Believe you me, the company wants to sell you the product you want,...

Yep, and to show it, they raised the price for C7 Pro upgrades, and waited until after the "Customer Appreciation" sale to reply about the actual cost. LOL!

(unsubscribing to this thread, as it just continues to irritate...)

• BubbaRichardBubbaRichard Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The upgrade prices are as follows:

Carrara 8 Standard upgrade is $89.95
    Platinum Club Price is $62.95

Carrara 8 Pro upgrade is $300.95
    Platinum Club Price is $209.95

To purchase either of these upgrades please add Carrara 8 or 8 Pro to your cart, Britney can adjust the price to show as above and place the order for you.

I hope this helps!

Last week when I tried to buy it (and could not because the website would not allow it) it was 65% off, this week it is 30% off. That ain't right.

Bubba

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited August 2012

I bought the C8Pro upgrade via phone a few months ago, from C7Pro.
    It was very efficient and pleasant, since I got all sorts of discounts by just talking to the Daz sales person, even though the particular sales and deals were over.

You need to understand that when you call Daz, you are talking to someone with direct administrator access to the store, they can add items to your account at whatever price they are willing to punch into their computer. If you can talk English and can explain your situation, Daz will probably be as nice to you as they were to me.
    Daz can charge the creditcard that is on file on your account, just add the VISA numbers before you call. If you are paranoid, clear the cc numbers after the sale is done.

Again, call and Daz Will add Carrara to your account directly, with no store fiddling, at the price you can bargain for. Mention then missed sale due to store issues, mention the old price for upgrades, mention the PC discount...

Good luck, please post your progress or further questions.

Post edited by 3drendero on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

The marketing team wants to simplify the upgrade process, and the upgrade price is the same for 6 or 7 to 8.

Did they remember to tell whoever writes up the product page text? That still tells us to use the pull-down (which no longer exists) to select our current version we want to upgrade from. Come to think of it, did they remember to tell us?

I've been thinking about maybe upgrading to 8 (or maybe 8.5 considering how close that might be to a full release) and concentrating on wrapping my head around Carrara at last. This pricing glitch — that I didn't know about, the last time I checked prices was before the store changeover — isn't helping me decide.

• edited December 1969

Foolish me. The only reason I ever got a "Pro" version of Carrara was to not be trapped in the lower of two upgrade streams.

But I guess I am trapped...because if I "upgrade" from 7 pro to 8 not-pro, I LOSE several of the tools I am using now! Some upgrade!

Good to know it is actually possible, despite what the sales page says, to get pro 8 as an upgrade tho. For some future date in which I have a few hundred bucks to waste.