Tiling Textures

kzamorkzamor Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello,

How do I tell DS4 to Tile a texture instead of stretching it? I have a seamless texture which is smaller than my object and the program enlarges it. The texture is a 512X512 .jpg file.

Thanks!

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Go to the surface tab and look for horizontal and vertical tiling. Be sure that you set both.

• kzamorkzamor Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks!

What do the numbers under tiling mean?
    If my texture image is 1000 x 1200, do I enter
    1000 for horiz tiling and 1200 for vertical?

• edited December 1969

The numbers are how many tiles you want.

So, to start with, you've got 1x and 1y, meaning that your image is one tile, stretched around the whole surface. If you put 2x, 2y, the texture shows up four times on the surface: twice across and twice down. If you put 1x, 2y, the texture will stretch across the surface horizontally, but vertically, it will show twice.

• Hey guys,

I am sorry to be commenting on an old topic, but I have set the horizontal and vertical tiles to 1 x 1, but the image is coming as verticle lines.

Please see attached screenshot

tiles.png
    3634 x 2125 - 2M
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,158

Apart from wondering why Spock is flipping that device off, what are you referring to? The stripes on his sleeve, or the barcode-like display on the device?

• Is the screen properly UV mapped?

• RurisRuris Posts: 123

Hi,

High level concept is that, in your default texture resolution, it should be 1:1 with your object UV. The blurry issue/low res may not be relevant.

1. Under "perspective" drill down to UV View, have your suit selected in scene. Check that. 

2. Drill down to Surface, might have 1 or multi surface, select one that make sense to you, then check the Base Color, drill down to the file path and check the texture. You may already know this if you applied the texture manually.

Does the UV and your texture make sense to you?