3Delight Error Msg

evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437
edited August 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

3Delight message #45 (Severity 1): S2072: the shader 'E:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/shaders/omnifreaker/surface/omShadowSurface.sdl' uses a different interface version. Automatic conversion was successful. It should be recompiled for better performance.

I installed 4.5 32 bit version today for reasons I will note in another thread.

I do not recall seing the above error msg with 4.5 64 bit previous to installing 32 bit. I now get this error msg in both versions while rendering.

I just reinstalled Uberhair, Uberspotlight, Uberpointlight all newest versions for 4.5. Still provoking this error msg.

What might be the culprit?

hhmmmm.....edit: seems to have something to do with the application of HSS. I believe I may have neglected to reinstall an update version of that, its hard to remember what omni products come with the package now.

Post edited by evilded777 on

Comments

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437
    edited December 1969

Ok... so. Incomplete uninstall, or installing some plugin that I did not need to/wrong version of some plugin seems to have been the culprit here.

But I swear I was not getting that error msg previous to installing only the 32 bit version. Whatever, its fixed and maybe my buffonery will help someone else.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Ok... so. Incomplete uninstall, or installing some plugin that I did not need to/wrong version of some plugin seems to have been the culprit here.

But I swear I was not getting that error msg previous to installing only the 32 bit version. Whatever, its fixed and maybe my buffonery will help someone else.

Don't worry about it. That is just a warning. The shader is for a different version of 3DL and it is just saying that if you recode the shader, it might run faster.

Kendall

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

DAZ Studio 4.5 has a new version of 3Delight, hence not seeing the warning before. As Kendall says, it isn't a bad thing though a proper update might improve performance.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I am getting this wiith Uber Surafce 2 and Uber Spot lights and yes they are the undated ones. :) Doesn't stop the render so I ignore it. ;)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I am getting this wiith Uber Surafce 2 and Uber Spot lights and yes they are the undated ones. :) Doesn't stop the render so I ignore it. ;)

Ditto

• 3delight message #140(Severity 1): R0531: unsupported hit mode 'transparent' wtf is this and how about a directory so we can just look it up?