AniBlocks and Genesis

vindazivindazi Posts: 667
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Anyone using AniBlocks with Genesis? I really want to stick with the Genesis characters but can't get rid of the funny feet.

Comments

• Super NewbSuper Newb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sounds like your using Gen 4 poses on Genesis, there are easy to use scripts to correct this by Mcasual or AMR, I'm not sure which one I am using.

I think I use this one: http://www.sharecg.com/v/60772/

Works on the first frame of the animation, and I believe fixes all the others (it does in the timeline anyway).

• Super NewbSuper Newb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Also see here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6562/

It appears it has been corrected in 4.5 .... (though I don't have it yet)

• vindazivindazi Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Sounds like your using Gen 4 poses on Genesis, there are easy to use scripts to correct this by Mcasual or AMR, I'm not sure which one I am using.

I think I use this one: http://www.sharecg.com/v/60772/

Works on the first frame of the animation, and I believe fixes all the others (it does in the timeline anyway).

I am not having issues with the posing. I am having problems with AniMate2. I contacted them again and they said it is on their end. Animate2 is only targeted to Gen4 figures and is goofy on Genesis. If you know something different, I would love to know about it. I am actually trying to create animations with DAZ and could use AniMate2 if I could get it to work.

4.5 is too young for me. I don't have time right now to spend with new software. I am also not experienced enough to know when I am doing something wrong or the software has a bug. I will watch the posts and when people start reporting all the bugs have been fixed I might chance it.

Now I see why some people are still using DS 1 or 2 :-).

• UVDanUVDan Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

I have the foot issues also with version 4 and Animate2. I apply a corrective key frame to the very first frame of my animation in Animate2 and that usually takes care of the issue. I assume you are speaking about the front of the feet sticking up in the air. Let me know if this is correct and I will post a screenshot of how I correct it in Animate2.

• vindazivindazi Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

UVDan said:
    I have the foot issues also with version 4 and Animate2. I apply a corrective key frame to the very first frame of my animation in Animate2 and that usually takes care of the issue. I assume you are speaking about the front of the feet sticking up in the air. Let me know if this is correct and I will post a screenshot of how I correct it in Animate2.

Yez, this is the problem. I would be grateful for any help you could give.

edited December 1969

Ok here is your mini tut on foot correction. I hope this works out as I have never posted multiple files on this new site yet.

foot_correct_5.jpg
    1023 x 739 - 175K
    foot_correct_4.jpg
    1023 x 739 - 167K
    foot_correct_3.jpg
    1020 x 739 - 162K
    foot_correct_2.jpg
    1022 x 739 - 166K
    foot_correct_1.jpg
    1024 x 742 - 165K
    edited December 1969

Here are the remaining steps. Remember to click the images to enlarge them.

foot_correct_8.jpg
    1023 x 739 - 165K
    foot_correct_7.jpg
    1023 x 740 - 161K
    foot_correct_6.jpg
    1024 x 741 - 159K
  • dyretdyret Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

I have animate lite. Any way of doing this in Lite? I want to buy Animate 2 but can´t afford it right now.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

dyret said:
    I have animate lite. Any way of doing this in Lite? I want to buy Animate 2 but can´t afford it right now.

try the shoe icon just above the timeline - try ( - 12 ) for offset

• dyretdyret Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

Sorry for the LATE reply. The thread got lost for me. The shoe icon works for only the first frame on Genesis :-(

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on