SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

randym77 said:
    Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere. I tried searching, but...well, let's just say I'm not a fan of the new forum search function.

Anyway, I was wondering if there are going to be any improvements in the Itemized Order History. I like to check it first to see if I've purchased something before. The store is usually pretty good about warning you if you've bought something before, but it's not perfect. If you've bought anything in a bundle, say, it doesn't know you bought it.

The old itemized order history showed all your purchases on one page, which was very convenient. I could just search for the item name using my browser's search function.

Now, it's divided up into separate pages. Maybe this means I should quit buying, but my purchase history is about 50 pages now, with 50 items a page. That's a lot of pages to check. In fact, it kinda makes the itemized order history useless.

Other sites handle this by allowing you search your order history, and/or sort it by the name of the merchant. Something like that would be greatly appreciated.

This new store software does not let you know that you've previously purchased something. Buy at your own risk. Or pick up the Taosoft DAZ history manager It works great and you can search with it, and even do multiple resets. It can't, however, tell you if you've purchased something in a bundle. But it's a hell of a lot more functional and useful than this site's order history pages!

Dana

edited December 1969

Since this thread is about updates, announcements, and customer service information...I have a question about an announcement.

Why is the annual PA sale being moved to September? It's normally in November! Right after the PC anniversary sale in October. It is now starting to look like an act of desperation! A while back, DAZ3D announced that it wasn't going to have a lot of those "crazy sales". But since the new store software went live, it seems that there is one crazy sale after another. I'm sure there are not a lot of folks complaining about the savings, but...what gives? As I said, it seems to be desperation!

Dana

• randym77randym77 Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    A while back, DAZ3D announced that it wasn't going to have a lot of those "crazy sales". But since the new store software went live, it seems that there is one crazy sale after another. I'm sure there are not a lot of folks complaining about the savings, but...what gives?

Everyone's probably too afraid to buy anything because they don't know if they've bought it before. %-P

Thanks for telling me the store no longer warns you if you've bought something before. I had no clue.

Man, it's really gotten a lot more difficult to spend money here. More clicks, more hassle. Not to mention having to look up the PC code each month, rather than having the voucher automatically credited to your account.

Also...I'd like a way to screen out Genesis products. Not trying to start anything - it's just that there are so many of them. There used to be a category for Poser items in the old store, but it seems to have disappeared. At least, I can't find it.

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Maybe since they made big changes already with the new site, they figured they'd change the PA sale too so people wouldn't worry that they were out of $ right after the PC sale to give the PA's a break?

Maybe since they changed the PC coupon system, they don't have to worry that all the new PC members in October won't be able to take advantage of the November voucher?

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, a change in month is just a change in month, and desperation/panic is just a simple business decision.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited August 2012

Does anyone have any money left three after 65% off DO sales and one 50% off PC sale to spend anything in the PA sale in Sept? Methinks people would have been saving for Nov rather than Sept. This is suddenly sprung on them with a couple of weeks warning right after three big sales, wallets might be a little lighter than they would have been later on.

Post edited by anikad on
  • GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

I really hope Daz fixes the feature to notify us if items in the Cart have been previously purchased, especially before the impending PA sale in September. Also I hope Daz fixes up the "Itemized order History" as noted in following link to forum thread I started with suggestion to Daz.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6261/

Once again I ask with a big PLEASE! :cheese:

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

GigaBeat said:
    I really hope Daz fixes the feature to notify us if items in the Cart have been previously purchased, especially before the impending PA sale in September. Also I hope Daz fixes up the "Itemized order History" as noted in following link to forum thread I started with suggestion to Daz.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6261/

Once again I ask with a big PLEASE! :cheese:

I Agree on both items.

A few weeks ago there was a new product for Genesis. If you had purchased the earlier version you got a discount on the new one. THIS WAS HANDLED AUTOMATICALLY and the discount was applied at checkout!!! It worked. So it can be done.

I thought this may have been a test of prior purchase notification, but we haven't heard a word since.I do think DAZ is aware this is important for business. I, for one, only participated in one sale of older products and that was earlier on and I decided no more until notification is implemented.

edited December 1969

Once again I get "the specified thread does not exist" error message. Someone was deleted. Well, hopefully just their post was deleted. Gee, it was only a discourse on the meaning and impact of Customer Service. Unless another post was also deleted and that was a reply. I can't tell, because notifications had stopped for me for a day or two. Again. I thought that wasn't going to happen with this new software. ?

Dana

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2012

Was a Spammer, is now spam fritters. :coolsmirk:

Post edited by Chohole on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Was a Spammer, is now spam fritters. :coolsmirk:

Spam fritters, yum! :: munch-munch-munch :: :shut: Blech, these taste off -- kinda bitter . . .
  • Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

hi

i can't buy a gift certifcate..

i've got a page not found when i do a search or i click on the link at the bottom

i clear the cache without success

thanks for the help

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

thadeus72 said:
    hi

i've got a page not found when i do a search or i click on the link at the bottom

thanks for the help

I can't find them either, not even with store searches.

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    thadeus72 said:
    hi

thanks for the help

I can't find them either, not even with store searches.

thanks for your help

i ask a support ticket

edited December 1969

Message from DAZ 3D.

Gift Certificates are unavailable temporarily. There was problems with them and the fix is being tested. So when it passes QA they will activate the product again.

edited August 2012

chohole said:
    Message from DAZ 3D.

Gift Certificates are unavailable temporarily. There was problems with them and the fix is being tested. So when it passes QA they will activate the product again.

Do we have an ETR?!? Because I keep multiple small charges from the same site from hitting my credit card (gets their fraud dept in a lather, I try to avoid that) by buying myself gift certificates of my intended spending. With the PA sale going on this is an issue -- it's not like I can wait to put a week's worth of products in the cart, the sales only last a day. >:(
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

I passed on the message as it was forwarded to us, so have no further info at this point in time.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Message from DAZ 3D.

Do we have an ETR?!? Because I keep multiple small charges from the same site from hitting my credit card (gets their fraud dept in a lather, I try to avoid that) by buying myself gift certificates of my intended spending. With the PA sale going on this is an issue -- it's not like I can wait to put a week's worth of products in the cart, the sales only last a day. >:(

We don't know how long it will take to pass QA. When it's solid and ready we will release it. Sorry for the inconvenience. If there are issues, it may take a bit longer, so we really don't have an ETA.

edited August 2012

chohole said:
    Message from DAZ 3D.

We don't know how long it will take to pass QA. When it's solid and ready we will release it. Sorry for the inconvenience. If there are issues, it may take a bit longer, so we really don't have an ETA.
    Hours, days, weeks, months? If this is likely to last out the month I can start rationing what I already have in, maybe return some items from the last month that I don't need that badly to plump up my store credit . . . but do you really want me to do that?

Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Hopefully it'll be fixed before next month or I can't buy anything from the PC sale because I can't add more money to the site to use :(

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

And I'm getting Magneto errors when I try to browse the store. Joy.

edited December 1969

What sort of errors.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

The site / store was down for a few minutes. Probably errors from that.

• DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited August 2012

Ive posted twice in this thread and both times my posts vanished without explaination, I tried to PM you Bfurner, but my sent items show 0 items, im not sure my pm's are working, a while a back (after the site relaunched) some one mentioned that my user account had been duplicated? i thought this had been fixed but maybe it hasn't.
    Its getting really frustrating.
    (Edit got your email about posting PA issues- thanks & apologies, that explains the vanashing posts. Ive emailed Kevin regarding the rest of my issues.)

Post edited by Dogz on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

FOr a PM to show in your sent box you have to check a box before you send it and it will save a copy. It isn't checked by default.

edited December 1969

I've asked this before and never got an answer...why can't it be made checked by default? I think most of us want a record of our sent PMs. I've seen this issue brought up many times in the past few months. How many others are having the same questions that normally don't even post in the forums? It should be a simple thing to make it checked by default. But then again, it's been 16 weeks since the launch of this store and there are still so many other issues, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe nothing is simple with this software.

Dana

• DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    FOr a PM to show in your sent box you have to check a box before you send it and it will save a copy. It isn't checked by default.

Ok cool, sent you test PM, if you dont mind - please let me know here when you reply to it, then I will know for sure.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Anyway, I get the green alien when I try to browse the "New Releases".

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Message from DAZ 3D.

Well ... this will save me money. NO PA sale for me.
    *shrugs*

• LillianaLilliana Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

I still have not seen a satisfactory answer on the PC Membership issue as my issue has nothing to do with Paypal or the Grace period. When I am told one thing in the PMs and see an official announcement by the same person that does nothing to address the actual issue I am trying to get help for.

I feel like I'm getting yes'd to death so people can get me off my back

And I waited until I was not so sick and my head was clearer to post this.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

I just wanted to report a little problem I've been experiencing for the past few days. This wasn't happening before but about a week ago some change was made and these things have been happening since. One problem is that the forum keeps logging me out. Before and all the way up to last week if I left the site and came back later whether I was gone a few hours, days or weeks I would still be logged in when I next visited the forum. Now if I leave the site for more then a few minutes I have to log back in if I want to post anything in the forum. This sort of thing is fine even desirable as far as being logged into the store but it's extremely frustrating in the forum, although if I had to live with it I could but I'd prefer then to just have to logged in first to access any aspect of the forum.

The more annoying problem is if I browse the store and add things to my cart before being logged in. Obviously if I do that I have to log in to access my cart which is fine but the problem is when I log in my cart shows up as empty and yet if I try to add the items I had just added before logging in I get a message saying I can only have one of an item in my cart. At some point down the road and enough passage of time being logged in and/or refreshing screens the items will eventually appear in my cart and I can proceed like normal but if I'm in a hurry this would be a big problem. Daz has always seemed to run it's store with the emphasis on encouraging supporting impulse buying but this bug would seem to defeat that because it forces people to have to wait several minutes during which they could change their mind.