StarkillerStarkiller Posts: 15
edited December 1969 in Freebies

My Eagle Model is complete. Get the Poser and D/S versions here:

http://greywolf-starkiller.deviantart.com/#/d5a9sw4

Eric

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I gave my thanks over on DA but I will say it again here...THANK YOU for sharing. :coolcheese:

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

thank you - looking good

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,815
    edited December 1969

Ah, the distant days of my youth - we were promised we'd have these thirteen years ago, y'know.

Looks great, thank you.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Looks incredibly, mindbogglingly excellent, but can anyone get the D|S version of the Eagle to load (no /data/ folder), or get the textures to apply to the Meta Probe? The file arrangement is a bit weird, there are hard-coded texture paths, and I think some files/folders are named wrong.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited August 2012

Hmm. Don't see the CM in the file list nor does it appear when I try loading the model.. Did I get a bad archive? Approximately 30 megs.

There's no cargo/passenger pod either

Post edited by Elowan on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited December 1969

WOW!!! :coolsmirk:

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

Dude, that's gorgeous! Thank you very much!

edited December 1969

eagle one test - render done in DS 4.5

eagle_one.jpg
    800 x 638 - 100K
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Thank you! I've been wanting one of these for a while...

Is the passenger module separate (so we can fake a cargo Eagle)? Or, at least, able to take textures (so we can re-dress this as a medical Eagle)?

edited August 2012

Eagle one - render in Bryce

eagle_one_Bryce.jpg
    776 x 423 - 107K
    Post edited by bigh on
  • Art_JunkieArt_Junkie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Looks incredibly, mindbogglingly excellent, but can anyone get the D|S version of the Eagle to load (no /data/ folder), or get the textures to apply to the Meta Probe? The file arrangement is a bit weird, there are hard-coded texture paths, and I think some files/folders are named wrong.
    Yes I noticed that the Data folders were missing so I figured the DAZ file wouldn't work. As to the Poser CR2 file I always run Runtime Repair's "File Reference" program against new content (unpacked into an empty temp runtime) before moving everything over to my main runtime. I've found messed up file paths, even in some of the most expensive comercial products.
    edited December 1969

To Greywolf Starkiller:
    Your Model looks fantastic!

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

i just love it you out did yourself with this one. thank you

render done in ds3

eagle.jpg
    800 x 800 - 323K
  • HoboBoHoboBo Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Great work - thanks for sharing! :)

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,844
    edited December 1969

Ignore the .DAZ file, from what I've seen it looks like Greywolf Starkiller saved a PZ3 in Poser and loaded that into DS3, and saved the .DAZ from it, so it's full of Poser camera and light info, so even if you do manage to recreate the data folder files for the Eagle, you'll still get errors from it as it can't find the geometry for the Poser lights and we can't recreate them in DS.
    edited December 1969

Elowan said:
    Hmm. Don't see the CM in the file list nor does it appear when I try loading the model.. Did I get a bad archive? Approximately 30 megs.

There's no cargo/passenger pod either

You won't see anything in the file list, the mesh data is embedded in the .cr2 instead of in a Geometries folder. You should be seeing everything on load, though, the CM and pod are definitely in there.

A query for Poser people — are there supposed to be single dials to operate the shocks on the main foot assemblies and pod foot assemblies? I've found dials on the individual leg and spring arm parts but no operating ERC to connect them.

It's great to see some interiors for this ship at last, though. Looks great, although I always got the impression from the episodes that the CM pilots' seats were a lot closer together. It's the same problem as with the Star Trek shuttlecraft, I suppose — the inside doesn't fit into the outside, and neither would fit into the SFX budget as originally designed. ;-)

edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:

Ignore the .DAZ file, from what I've seen it looks like Greywolf Starkiller saved a PZ3 in Poser and loaded that into DS3, and saved the .DAZ from it, so it's full of Poser camera and light info, so even if you do manage to recreate the data folder files for the Eagle, you'll still get errors from it as it can't find the geometry for the Poser lights and we can't recreate them in DS.Actually, if that is what he did, Studio should have created it's own bin data for the camera objects. It just needs to all be gathered up. I wish he had included the pz3 file with it's camera & light setup.
  • ReisormocapReisormocap Posts: 146
    edited December 1969

Very cool. Been awhile since I took an Eagle out for a spin. Thanks for providing this to play with.

• aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the Eagle.

12-08-09_flightofeagles.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 240K
  • StarkillerStarkiller Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Actually, I loaded the CR2 into DS, corrected the broken springs and textures, and saved it along side the CR2 as a
    DAZ sceme. Try not to break up the directory structure, as the DAZ file will not be able to locate the OBJ or texture
    files, and I think it uses info from the CR2 as well. No ERCs are in it because I have no udea how to use those.

Eagle One is a multifigure, multiprop grouping, with the Eagle One (the FrameWork) being the main figure that\
    everything is parented to. Since the Passenger Module is a parented prop, it can easily be detatched, as can the
    Command Module. Glad you all like it, and I hope I caught everything. ^_-

Eric

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,815
    edited December 1969

The problem is that the .daz scene file doesn't use the OBJ, ir saves the geometry in native format (.dso, .dsv and possibly .dsv) in the \data folder.

edited August 2012

The problem is that the .daz scene file doesn't use the OBJ, ir saves the geometry in native format (.dso, .dsv and possibly .dsv) in the \data folder.

Like Richard said the DAZ scene doesn't use the original obj files and such (the only exception is the bitmap texture files), so you need to collect the daz native files from the data directory along with their directory structure and include those in the file. Therer's no easy or automatic way to do this that I know of (Wish someone would make a plufin or utility to do this) but there is a little trick with WinRAR that I use to collect the files.
    Post edited by Art_Junkie on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,844
    edited December 1969

Actually, I loaded the CR2 into DS, corrected the broken springs and textures, and saved it along side the CR2 as a DAZ scene.

That has just confused the issue for me, I used 3.1 to repopulate the data folder from the CR2 yet your .DAZ file still doesn't work, half of the .DSO files it's looking for have different names to the ones created when I saved, yet they should have the same names.

A little tip about Poser cameras & lights in DS, don't waste your time using them in DS, as most DS users will tell you they are a waste of HDD space to us.

edited December 1969

I loaded this in DS 4.5 - and did nothing to FIX it - works great .

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    I loaded this in DS 4.5 - and did nothing to FIX it - works great .

Did you load the DAZ scene file or the Poser CR2? The poser (CR2) file will load fine, you just need to make a few adjustments to the scissor links on the landing legs.
    edited December 1969

The poser (CR2) file will load fine, you just need to make a few adjustments to the scissor links on the landing legs.

>SQUEE!!!<</p>

That was the last hint I needed to figure out how to use Point At to fix the landing legs, thanks!

edited December 1969

The poser (CR2) file will load fine, you just need to make a few adjustments to the scissor links on the landing legs.

>SQUEE!!!<</p>

That was the last hint I needed to figure out how to use Point At to fix the landing legs, thanks! Yep, I set one part to point-at the hinge of the other part.

edited August 2012

Bejaymac said:
    Actually, I loaded the CR2 into DS, corrected the broken springs and textures, and saved it along side the CR2 as a DAZ scene.

That has just confused the issue for me, I used 3.1 to repopulate the data folder from the CR2 yet your .DAZ file still doesn't work, half of the .DSO files it's looking for have different names to the ones created when I saved, yet they should have the same names.
    . Yep I tried that too, with the same result.
    Post edited by Art_Junkie on
  • VilianVilian Posts: 281
    edited December 1969

I'm not into SF much, but this looks great even for me! Thank you for sharing the beauty :)

• Aqualad07Aqualad07 Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

OUTSTANDING WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!