Mick's Bucket of Like Art But Different

edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Not really an artist, despite occasionally getting paid to make art-things. This thread is mostly to show off the occasional G-rated render... and those really are occasional, some months. My entire archive, including art, writing, and all the non-worksafe stuff (all appropriately labelled before you actually see it!) is at A Light in Darkness Shines. (The name of which was originally part of the punchline to a joke about bananas flambé.)

Images here are small, but clicking on the name of the image will lead to the archive post with the full-size image.

I'll open this with Flying Pirate Weasel (800x1000), which was created from Weasel M4, with textures from Cat World - Lion. ...And a bunch of other crap I wasn't paying attention to, because I was really checking out the head morphs. *laughs*

Comments

• edited June 2012

Not the Hair... (800x1000)

Background is composed of Lisa's Botanicals Climbing Vines, Lisa's Botanicals Wisteria, and Dark Anvil's Churchyard Complete (which is extremely on sale until the 5th). Foreground is the Daz sheep and M4.

sheeply-intent-01-sm.png
    600 x 750 - 954K
    Post edited by thinmick_3ecd3939f1 on
  • kylumikylumi Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

ThinMick said:
    Not the Hair... (800x1000)

Background is composed of Lisa's Botanicals Climbing Vines, Lisa's Botanicals Wisteria, and Dark Anvil's Churchyard Complete (which is extremely on sale until the 5th). Foreground is the Daz sheep and M4.

I love that flying weasel ............ and, you mad a great job of the lamp light.
    But, my fav is the sheep image............me and Cho are experts on sheep so I am giving that image 10/10....excellent, my friend. :coolsmile:

• edited December 1969

kylumi said:
    I love that flying weasel ............ and, you mad a great job of the lamp light.
    But, my fav is the sheep image............me and Cho are experts on sheep so I am giving that image 10/10....excellent, my friend. :coolsmile:

Thanks for the love! Always good to hear somebody's enjoying my work!

The lamp light's really just a single point light set to a cream colour. I totally cheat when it comes to candles and gaslights. I'd have to check, but I think the rest of the lights in that scene are one of the LDP night sets... since I pretty much light everything with LDP, since I got it. It's made most of my OH GOD I CAN'T LIGHT THIS nightmares go away.

I think it's kind of 'invasion of the giant sheep', in that second one, now that I look again. But, I do have something of a fondness for it, all the same.

• edited June 2012

Catnap (800x800)

Dark and Ice, M4 and V4M. And, yes, Ice is wearing parts of H3 Dagon. Hair is Desir, which moves so well. Set is Richabri's Intimate (god help me if I remember where I got that, but I suspect it may be one of the unmentionable places). Lights are LDP2... one of the sunsets.

catnap-01-fix.jpg
    800 x 800 - 239K
    Post edited by thinmick_3ecd3939f1 on
    edited June 2012

This is another very nice POV my friend, Its a little to romantic for me *runs off looking for romantic things to do* :coolsmile:

I love the way they are sitting on the Mattress together. One thing I see you forgot to put in................The Sheep, where is he? :lol:

Post edited by kylumi on
  • edited December 1969

Flight of the War-Sheep (800x800)
    Morny and the sheep again, this time just for Kylumi.

warsheep-01.png
    800 x 800 - 853K
    edited December 1969

Well first off this is the first artwork that has ever been dedicated to me.........so, I really appreciate that Mick. Thank you my friend. :coolsmile:

As for the image, what can I say, we have action, we have wings, we have high fliers and best of all we have SHEEP!!
    I love it.
    Who would ever have thought of putting wings on a sheep!.................Mick, did!! :lol:

• edited December 1969

Winged sheep... Hey, somebody had to do it. I'm just sad I didn't have any armour that'd fit on it. And now another one sans sheep...

By the Door (600x900)
    Severen Bellamorte (and his nose, which is nearly another character), from Sky, and Frost Winterborn, from The Magelight Chronicles. Both are M4. Severen's wearing a dramatically re-textured M4 bodysuit, the boots from Jump Gear, and the jacket from Wanted Dead or Alive. Frost's wearing the trousers and coat from Notorious, the corset from Mourning Sun, Swashbuckler Boots, and the collar thing from ... I want to say that's Darklord. Set is somebody's Alley set, which is really pretty fab, but I can't remember where I got it. Lights are LDP and a spotlight.

bythedoor-01.png
    600 x 900 - 761K
  • edited December 1969

Sheep Test (800x800)
    So, it came to my attention that I've now got three different sheep models, and I figured I should put them all together, and see what comes of it. On the left is the Daz Sheep, the middle is Adam Thwaites' sheep, and the right is DarkAnvil's sheep.

sheep-test-01.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
  • edited December 1969

Jackalope Test (800x1000)
    So, I'm a sucker for a good sale, and twice for a good jackalope, so here's Lepus M4 with the Jackalope expansion. He's dressed in the quiver from Celtic Archer for V3 and the loincloth from DarkLord for M4. Background is Southwest for the Millennium environment. Lights are LDP2 ... Sala 40, I think.

jackalope_test-01-fix-sm.jpg
    640 x 800 - 313K
    edited December 1969

ThinMick said:
    Sheep Test (800x800)
    So, it came to my attention that I've now got three different sheep models, and I figured I should put them all together, and see what comes of it. On the left is the Daz Sheep, the middle is Adam Thwaites' sheep, and the right is DarkAnvil's sheep.

I think the Daz sheep is way my favorite...........and, he has great cloven hooves, too! ;-)

I am thinking i could maybe make a 100 of them inside Vue..........a field of Daz sheep!! :lol:

edited December 1969

ThinMick said:
    Jackalope Test (800x1000)
    So, I'm a sucker for a good sale, and twice for a good jackalope, so here's Lepus M4 with the Jackalope expansion. He's dressed in the quiver from Celtic Archer for V3 and the loincloth from DarkLord for M4. Background is Southwest for the Millennium environment. Lights are LDP2 ... Sala 40, I think.

That guy/thing is so very cool.................a great render my friend :coolsmile:

• edited December 1969

Wow. It's been a while since I've had anything to post here...

The Snow (800x1000)
    Malachai Schade is M4 with the Warrior Priestess outfit for V4 (thank you CrossDresser), Kouros hair, and the Malik Spear. Polar bear by Zygote. Background is Snowy Scenes Creator, lights came with it, but I turned on shadows, turned one off, and turned one blue.

thesnow-02-fix.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 342K