Announcement: Evil Beware! Genesis Supersuit is here!

Comments

• CzexanaCzexana Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

I really had a WTF!?! moment with this supersuit UV mapping.

The legs.

I mean, WHY are they mapped with V going UP the left leg and DOWN the right. They're not even anti parallel - V is pretty much straight along the left leg and U is around it, but the right leg ...!

With all the shaders that are being pushed with the suit you'd think someone would query this, as it messes up using any that are directional as shown in the attached picture.

Please, someone with the knowhow, do a remap with sensible UV mapping on the legs!

supersuit_legs.jpg
    424 x 600 - 69K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

You need to change the UV set to Symmetrical LImbs, its at the bottom of the surfaces tab

• edited May 2012

Ok here it is with shadows and brighter wings ... the shadows got lightened but the wings are brighter... unfortunately rolling the feathers so that more the armor showed reduced some the brightness factor... sigh everything is a cascade, lol...
    As I mentioned in my earlier post thoughts and suggestions are most welcome

A_Favor,_My_Lord3-.jpg
    800 x 640 - 473K
    Post edited by sidhesama_f28f2e91d9 on
  • KGKG Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

namrettek said:
    JorgeMR said:
    namrettek said:
    Tried out one of the sci fi presets -

Hi namrettek! Im a noob rendering on DAZ , how do you set that smoke effect . the smoke color and the ashes

look fantastic!

Thanks

Hey JorgeMR,

I painted it in with photoshop.

I used some of Ron's brushes - http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rons-detail-smoke

and for the sparks - http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rons-particles

I have almost all of his brushes. They are great quality.

If you don't want to paint in smoke you can also use -

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/atmospheric-effects-cameras-for-daz-studio

I often use the effects camera for depth so that I can paint smoke in layers.

Thank you for your explanation! Great work!, I m more on the Game Dev side so not very skilled in photoshop :down:

• KGKG Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

jferio said:
    Here's a basic set of templates for the Supersuit.

http://www.ShareCG.com/v/62282/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Supersuit-Templates

Hi jferio !

Noob question : What are those templates for?

My guess is that are to paint a texture using that reference and then the texture will fit the UV map of the supersuit :long:

• CzexanaCzexana Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

You need to change the UV set to Symmetrical LImbs, its at the bottom of the surfaces tab

Aaaahh! Thank you!

Note to self: don't post to fora when tired and cranky ... :red:

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

JorgeMR said:

Noob question : What are those templates for?

My guess is that are to paint a texture using that reference and then the texture will fit the UV map of the supersuit :long:

Spot on! The different areas on the template correspond to areas on the suit.

Two very basic rules. You need to be careful if your texture crosses a seam (that's a join between areas). It will need to match up correctly on both sides. Also paint a couple of pixels outside any outer edge to avoid the background showing along seams.

• BunnyTVSBunnyTVS Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

First try. Need to work on the lighting a bit, fur and eyes are too indistinct.

SStest_spec.png
    565 x 800 - 800K
  • ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

some promo images i made for the suit...

all.jpg
    800 x 615 - 449K
    DAZ_HERO_PROMO.jpg
    615 x 800 - 243K
    PROMO_2_CLEAN_VERSION.jpg
    615 x 800 - 278K
  • BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited May 2012

All the images are FANTASTIC! Can't wait to get it this Friday.

Rand, is it possible to make our own morphs and material zones on the supersuit? If so, can we have someone make video tutorials for that?

Post edited by BurstAngel on
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited May 2012

Great renders, fantastic promos!

This is my latest render:

"Showdown"

(Fullsize render can be seen at my deviantart gallery: http://sedorrr.deviantart.com/#/d51rqku )

2012-05-28_Hero_Fight_DAZForum.jpg
    800 x 600 - 210K
    Post edited by Sedor on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

Very cool image!

edited December 1969

Thanks :) That suit is really cool - I need more rendering-systems to render all the scenes I have in my head.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

sedor said:
    Thanks :) That suit is really cool - I need more rendering-systems to render all the scenes I have in my head.

What scene are you using?

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

I really like that. What did you use for the woman's feet? That's very interesting.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    sedor said:

What scene are you using?

*shows at his head* that one, which is inside that thing :P

Using different "backgrounds"... Cargo Hold, Warehouse... too much to render in the next time, too much to keep in mind, I'll forget some of my ideas until I have the time to render them ... I think

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    I really like that. What did you use for the woman's feet? That's very interesting.

The complete outfit of the woman is "110.1" from Alfaseed (available at RDNA)

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    or if you're in the Platinum Club get 40% OFF!

If only that were true. We aren't getting 40% off; we're getting 37%.

I wish I was getting 37%; I'm only seeing the 10% discount, and I'm a PC member.

Not sure if this has been answered before or not, but the issue with the varying pricing might be related to whether or not the store recognizes you as a PC member.

Up until 2 days ago, I saw the promised price in my cart for the Pro Bundle. Then when my membership was up for its monthly renewal, I lost the price and only saw the 10 percent sale price. There seems to be an issue regarding the store recognizing PC memberships which could be the cause for the wide discrepancies.

edited December 1969

sedor said:
    riftwitch said:

The complete outfit of the woman is "110.1" from Alfaseed (available at RDNA)

Thanks. I hadn't noticed that one the last time I was over at RDNA, but it is nice. Alfaseed has a LOT of nice products. Maybe when I've got a little more money...

• WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Heartbroken, for a brief moment this afternoon I saw the Pro Set on for $34 but it moved up to $60 when I added it to my cart...so close...

• frogdotfrogdot Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Warren was thrilled to get his Supersuit. But his joy turned to disappointment when he discovered that muscles weren't included. Turned out you had to have your own.

thinherosm.jpg
    600 x 800 - 151K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

LOL :-)

• BunnyTVSBunnyTVS Posts: 13
    edited May 2012

frogdot said:
    Warren was thrilled to get his Supersuit. But his joy turned to disappointment when he discovered that muscles weren't included. Turned out you had to have your own.

Like it. Perhaps we should try a "Not-so-superhero" thread in the artstudio forum:)

wrong.png
    565 x 800 - 684K
    Post edited by BunnyTVS on
    edited December 1969

@Cagnazzo82: It looks like it. The belt/boots and cape are in the store now.

• frogdotfrogdot Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments. The belt I used came from Renderosity's freestuff. Search for "utility belt"

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

What happened to the cape, utility belt, and cape textures?

They were available from the store earlier today, but now I don't even see the $1.99 category anymore...

Actually I just noticed that if I click on the newsletter to go to the fantasy basic wear, and then hover over the shop tab then the $1.99 category shows up, and if I click on that those items are available.

But I am scared to check out with such a buggy setup...

edited December 1969

They are messing with things again... Wish they wouldn't do that during regular business hours.. My cart checkout errored out...

Interesting to note as well. All the EMail notifications I've received during this store down period now takes me to an error page even with the forums up and running. That's very odd behavior. Happened to 3 previous notifications but not this one for some reason!

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    They are messing with things again... Wish they wouldn't do that during regular business hours.. My cart checkout errored out...

Interesting to note as well. All the EMail notifications I've received during this store down period now takes me to an error page even with the forums up and running. That's very odd behavior. Happened to 3 previous notifications but not this one for some reason!

I actually haven't had that problem. I hadn't had any problems with the new sight until the supersuit came out - and then I got all the same errors everyone else had mentioned - asking if I was someone else, not being able to log in, not being able to check out etc.

It's been very up and down since then. I couldn't log in yesterday. It would give me the log in and I could type in my info and it would just sit there and not let me see my account.

Then a couple of hours later it worked again...

edited December 1969

Weird mess! I'm sure they will get it fixed EVENTUALLY! lol

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited December 1969

OK, I just purchased/downloaded "Hero vs Anti-Hero." Where is it in the store? I was going to grab the preview for my disk burn and I can't find it!