Genesis missing

RPGMaker247RPGMaker247 Posts: 146
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I just upgraded to DAZ 4.5 and now the Genesis character/actor is missing. I tried the Genesis Starter Essentials but receive some login thing.

(Scratching my head). . .what to do? And please dumb down the instructions for my sake. I am fairly intelligent but can become easily confused.

Thanks.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

Did you run the separate Genesis starter Essentials installer?

• RPGMaker247RPGMaker247 Posts: 146
    edited August 2012

Did you run the separate Genesis starter Essentials installer?

I gave up on DAZ 4.5 and returned to the older version. 4.5 is way to difficult to figure out.
    Plus it doesn't help matters when I can't find Genesis Starter Essentials for 4.5 and the instructions here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5903/
    didn't work either

Post edited by RPGMaker247 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

The Starter Essentials should have been among your downloads for DS4.5 - 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Genesis Starter Essentials really is essential, it replaces the Genesis file with one with a new file extension (.DUF instead of .DSF), DS4.5 looks for that .DUF file when it loads Genesis, so you won't be able to use Genesis in 4.5 until you have downloaded and installed the Genesis Starter Essentials as well.

edited December 1969

The Starter Essentials should have been among your downloads for DS4.5 - 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx

Wasn't there. I followed the instructions from that other thread but receive "An illegal act. . ." type message.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

What worked for me, is after I installed the genesis essential starter kit, I just went into my my daz manually and launched genesis. The model is there. Once I launched it once, it auto-launched again.

The model is also showing up under the all-files tab.

It no longer shows up where it used to though... With the other selectable actors. SO I agree it is confusing. I prefered her showing up there.

edited December 1969

What worked for me, is after I installed the genesis essential starter kit, I just went into my my daz manually and launched genesis. The model is there. Once I launched it once, it auto-launched again.

The model is also showing up under the all-files tab.

It no longer shows up where it used to though... With the other selectable actors. SO I agree it is confusing. I prefered her showing up there.

I tried everything mentioned and still nothing. And may I say how helpful the admin was. . .NOT! To simply write "read the FAQs" isn't helping someone at all. It's lazy and disrespectful. I did read the FAQs! Geeze, what do you take me for a retard or something?

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Yes ran into the same problem, just open up preferences or F2 click on startup tab and direct it to where the genesid DUF is
    usually under Documents/DAZ 3D/ see screenshot.

prefs.jpg
    531 x 521 - 30K
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Imposer12 said:
    Geeze, what do you take me for a retard or something?

The R-word is as offensive as the N-word, please don't use it.

Turning to your problem, have you managed to download Genesis Starter Essentials yet?

If you haven't, see if resetting your download in My Account/Itemised Order History makes a difference.

If you have downloaded it, have you managed to run it?