download for daz studio 4.5 .... file damaged or corrupted ...

nocturnalstormnocturnalstorm Posts: 25
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

hi ,

I have just attempted to download daz studio pro 4.5 for a second time, only to find the file is corrupted. Can this problem be checked and sorted out please?
I feel I wasted over 5 hours of download time and bandwidth to download something that is not working, which kinda makes me rather upset .

Thanks for the help

Justin Walker

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Details of system, platform OS etc and also which browser you are using to download would help in troubleshooting this.

Also, did you empty your cache and refresh your browser between download attempts. Sometimes the browser will fail at the same point if there is alread one attempt in the cache.

• nocturnalstormnocturnalstorm Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Hi ,

I am using windows xp , google chrome , i cleared cache , did a defrag , even tried , winzip , winrar , and the windows method to unzip the file ... I keep getting the message the file is damaged or corrupted.

So I am a bit lost

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What is the filename of the ZIP, and what size is it?

You could try a different browser like IE9 or firefox?

edited December 1969

DAZ-Studio-Windows
    675 megs

edited December 1969

sorry didn't put the extension ... its a .zip file

edited December 1969

What you should do, is to 'buy' the 4.5 version of DS through the store for $0.0, and then checkout. This will give you seperate installers in your downloads section, and all the plugins and Genesis Essentials that you will need.

It seems to be the only answer at the moment.

edited August 2012

OK, try this. Go to this link http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-studio-4-pro Login to the store (needs email address as username and password for login) then put DS4.5 into your cart and go through the checkout procedure. Once you get the Order accepted screen go to your account, my availalbe downloads and try downloading from there. The download comes in separate files AFAIK, so one for DS and one for content. You also get a serial number in your available serial numbers

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Snap again Jimmy, we must stop meeting like this :-)

edited December 1969

You are the only one here that I can sometimes type faster than, I think my tablets must be working :)

edited December 1969

Well I did go searching for the store link. :coolsmirk: I tend to get distracted along the way. :roll: