Autofit

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Can anyone tell me what exactly autofit changes now? As I keep hearing about gen 3 characters being supported but all I can see in the autofit box is the gen 4.

Thanks

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You will only see Gen 3 characters in the Autofit dialogue if you bought some of the 'iconic' shapes for Genesis. I bought the David 3 shape, so it appears in Autofit for me. When you buy some of the iconic shapes from the store, they come with a 'clone' for Autofit.

So, really no update to Autofit itself as far as I know.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,712
    edited December 1969

AutoFit in DS4.5 has been updated to preserve morphs, but as Jimmy says the extra figure support comes from the add-on shapes for Genesis.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

AutoFit in DS4.5 has been updated to preserve morphs, but as Jimmy says the extra figure support comes from the add-on shapes for Genesis.

And they work much better as before 4.5.

edited December 1969

Thanks Richard, I forgot about the morphs carrying over now, that is a very useful addition.

• edited December 1969

Thank you I have now just bought them, pity it doesn’t also work on textures, I have some beautiful A3 ones.

edited December 1969

Michael5 and Victoria 5 are in my UV Set list, I agree, it would be handy if a few more were added.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

I found it's pretty good to this is a M4 set, Celestial Armor by Valandar.
    Autofitted to M5 and a really extreme shape of Sabbatic Goat the JCMs are being auto generated to even on custom shapes.
    But you do have to look to see if the auto generated one are helping or not and may have to turn them off.

Knight-goat.jpg
    640 x 800 - 231K
    Knight.jpg
    640 x 800 - 153K