Updated Genesis & Genesis 2 Products List & Thing To Be Aware Of

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm not a programmer any longer, heck I only wrote games for the now VERY OLD C-Base BBS (Bulletin Board System) when I was coding. (Can we say before the WWW?) It was a very Database driven program, we had to add our own code to modify the system from the basic look and function. I understand the Trouble it takes to add NEW features to a Database. DAZ3D would need to add Flags to every item, then those flags would need to be set every time an item was updated. Then a NEW routine would need to be added to check the flags at Server Maintenance time every day. That routine would need to check every users IOH (Itemized Order History) database for each Item that had the flag set and send a Mass E-bot mail to all the users that had the item/items in their IOH.

I'm sure that is something they are working on. Keep this in mind. You have to test all this new code. We could take down the BBS to test it. DAZ3D is a 24/7 site. They must do all the coding and testing in the background, probably on a dummy system, to test it. If something breaks they sure do not want it to be the store that is up and running at this time.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,811
    edited August 2012

vwrangler said:
    Something I found when I tried to reopen a saved file using these items only to discover that Studio 4.0.3.47 threw off errors, so I reset them, just for the hell of it:

Breezy, for Summer Dress for Genesis (1.2 - in list at 1.1, updated to fix material settings tool tip error)
    Summer Dress for Genesis (1.1 - in list at 1.0, no reason given for update)

Quoting myself to note -- as the product page and the online Readme FAIL TO STATE -- that Breezy 1.1 is for Studio 4.0.3, while Breezy 1.2 is, at the moment, for Studio 4.5 and above only. I discovered this when, after reinstalling the product, I tried to apply the textures and saw only an empty folder inside Studio's content directory. When I used the "Browse to folder" feature, hey, DUF files a-go-go! Not a DSF in sight!

I'm guessing this was probably a mistake -- the tool tip for the materials is kind of a mess -- but still. Why don't they check that sort of thing?

I'm sure that is something they are working on. Keep this in mind. You have to test all this new code. We could take down the BBS to test it. DAZ3D is a 24/7 site. They must do all the coding and testing in the background, probably on a dummy system, to test it. If something breaks they sure do not want it to be the store that is up and running at this time.

You know what? I think they're well beyond that at this stage.

One thing I never understood -- especially after they made it clear that the heavy lifting on programming was being done during overnight hours in Utah -- is why they don't simply schedule a 2-4 hour maintenance window where the site goes completely offline while they move fixes into production and test them on the live system. Would they lose sales from overseas locations? Well, yes, probably, but you can limit that by keeping your offline window to only 2-4 hours (unless something is really badly broken and accidentally keeps them offline longer, but that happens anyway). As it stands, frustrations with the site (among other things) are causing them to lose customers completely, rather than a few hours of sales.

And, if they actually told people, "Hey, we're going to be completely offline, both store and forums, from 3AM-6AM Utah time, each and every day, to get everything to where you and we need it to be, and maybe get it there a little faster," people would understand and accept that, I think.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited August 2012

wickedBeachwear_1.2
    2012-08-21 - 1.2, Removed Duplicate IDs.

Genesis Basic Clothing Rig Kit 1.1
    2012-08-22 - 1.1, Removed duplicate IDs, corrected B25DevRight bones.
    ( correct it almost one month after I send report,,)

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • quickxoticaquickxotica Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So... wait, let me get this straight: In order to upgrade to DS4.5 I am going to need to re-download and re-install all the content I own that appears in post #1? And if I don't do it, all future content released will not work in my current DS4.3 because it will be in .DUF format?

Seriously??!? This will be WEEKS worth of my limited free time spent wrestling with DLs, uninstallers, installers, and reboots....and the list keeps growing! When will we ever get to just create art?!?

Someone please tell me I'm wrong. This is insanity.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,811
    edited December 1969

So... wait, let me get this straight: In order to upgrade to DS4.5 I am going to need to re-download and re-install all the content I own that appears in post #1? And if I don't do it, all future content released will not work in my current DS4.3 because it will be in .DUF format?

Seriously??!? This will be WEEKS worth of my limited free time spent wrestling with DLs, uninstallers, installers, and reboots....and the list keeps growing! When will we ever get to just create art?!?

Someone please tell me I'm wrong. This is insanity.

The only things you definitely NEED to update for 4.5 are the Genesis Evolution packages. The content upgrade accidentally removed some morphs from the Shaping tab, and you need the revised Evolution packages to put them back in the right place. Beyond that, it depends on whether/if you get the "Duplicate ID" error when you use an item and whether you want to try the "Fix Duplicate IDs" script, or reset and redownload. In some cases, the script doesn't work, and all you can try to get rid of the error is to redownload. Almost everything in the list (prior to August 17, anyway) at version 1.0 probably was issued before Studio 4.5, and has not been updated.

Anything in .DUF format is incompatible with Studio 4.0.3.47. Resetting will not address that issue -- and, as noted, may create an issue where it didn't exist before.

As DAZ moves forward, they will almost certainly start releasing products exclusively in DUF. You will need 4.5 to work with those files. It is to be hoped that those products will also be labeled, or have complete file lists so we can judge.

Some of the items in the list were updated for various reasons -- adding or correcting metadata, correcting errors, etc. -- before Studio 4.5 came out. Both because the old site was kind of limping along on the backend and because the new site doesn't yet have that function, no update notifications were produced for a very long time. This list has become something of an attempt to catch up and see what's where.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited August 2012

Thanks kitakoredaz and vwrangler for the latest updates.

Updated 8-24-2012.

Added

Wicked Beachwear (1.2)

Updated

Breezy (1.2)
    Genesis Basic Clothing Rig Kit (1.1 Genesis Clothing Rig Kit / 1.0 Genesis Clothing Developers Kit PDF)
    Jade Assassin (1.2)
    Kiyoko (1.1)
    Monster Details for Genesis (1.4)
    Summer Dress for Genesis (1.1)

Post edited by Jay_NOLA on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited December 1969

Hi. Thanks for making the list. it has been really helpful. Here are a couple more that I don't think are on there:
    BraxtonM5 1.1
    Drakon 1.1

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the list. Just trying to work my way through it, jumping between this list, my orders to just work through what Genesis things I have, my itemized order history to find the SKU where it's not in the order (often it isn 't), and then the folder where all my downloads are ,,, but there ordered by SKU, not alphabetically, as those are what the downloaded filenames start with, to check what version I have, then back to this list to check latest version, and if updated, then back to the itemized order list to reset.

This is just mad. How any sane company can expect their customers to put up with this and stay customers I really don't know.

Anyway, something not on your list is the 'Genesis Alive' product. I just reset mine to check, and it's still at 1.0.

edited December 1969

Another not on the list:

Genesis Expressions and Face aniBlocks 1.1

edited December 1969

Interjection Booster Shot One 1.2

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Be nice if the merchants would update their own product threads with an update message so folks know.... New message and an update notice in the first post is helpful. I know it's DAZ's responsiblity but until they get this all going better I guess we have to ask the merchants for the help to stay on top of all this. I agree with your statements David.... crazy mess all these updates are making things! I just gave up and IF I need one and it's something that Richard's "Fix Duplicate ID's" script can't fix I'll download it then.

edited December 1969

Thanks guys I just added all of those to main list.

Also, Jade Assassin (1.2) only fix the duplicate problem. The wrong name bug hasn't been fixed. So another version will come out most likely.

• thoromyrthoromyr Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

I'm going through this list and resetting things and noticed a problem: in the Victoria 5 Pro Bundle there are two different files for SexySilky, both with the same version number but different files nevertheless.

-rw-r--r-- 1 thoromyr thoromyr  23110354 2012-08-26 07:12 12959_SexySilkyforGenesis_1.1_trx.exe
    -rw-r--r-- 1 thoromyr thoromyr  23103177 2012-08-26 07:13 12959_SexySilkyForGenesis_1.1_trx.exe
    -rw-r--r-- 1 thoromyr thoromyr   5920727 2012-08-26 07:11 12959_SexySilkyforGenesisMetaData_1.1_ds.exe
    -rw-r--r-- 1 thoromyr thoromyr   5923967 2012-08-26 07:14 12959_SexySilkyForGenesisMetaData_1.1_ds.exe

Yeah, my main system is linux so that is why the file listing looks like this. Note the distinction in file names is only the capitalization of 'for', but the file sizes *also* differ and by more than a few bytes. About 7kb in the case of the actual content installer. Any pointers as to which is the one to install? For what its worth, here are the MD5 sums.

cf1728f2045355729a2d6eaf135d40b4  Victoria 5 Pro Bundle - 20120826/12959_SexySilkyforGenesis_1.1_trx.exe
    524e41f464a63b1c9b8d23e65f3acbcc  Victoria 5 Pro Bundle - 20120826/12959_SexySilkyForGenesis_1.1_trx.exe
    300d75e8b414c6ba81e0eac39878c868  Victoria 5 Pro Bundle - 20120826/12959_SexySilkyforGenesisMetaData_1.1_ds.exe
    3dc3270afcac1e6d3be4e0730e8cdf9d  Victoria 5 Pro Bundle - 20120826/12959_SexySilkyForGenesisMetaData_1.1_ds.exe

edited December 1969

Daz is creative with the product names. The product 'Baby for Genesis' appears to use that only for display on the product page -- in the itemized order history page it is listed as 'Genesis Baby'.

edited December 1969

Beasts and Brutes (1.0) (The old version was 1.01 for some odd reason)

This one appears to have an odd history. The *current* version as of this posting is 1.01 which is identical to the file having the same version that I downloaded March 6th. I show a v1.0 downloaded March 7th that is a bit smaller.

It looks like the product was "updated" in error to v1.0 and then reverted back to the proper v1.01.

edited December 1969

thoromyr said:
    I'm going through this list and resetting things and noticed a problem: in the Victoria 5 Pro Bundle there are two different files for SexySilky, both with the same version number but different files nevertheless.

Any pointers as to which is the one to install?

The installer with 'for' (lower case f) in its name installs a ReadMe file that's name says it is 1.0 rather than the 1.1 in the installer name.

The installer with 'For' (upper case F) in its name installs a ReadMe that says it is 1.1, agreeing with the version number in the installer name. The contents of the two ReadMe's are actually identical apart from the picture, with no mention of updates, problems solved or whatever.

I haven't gone through the actual installed content from each file by file to check, and it's quite possible that the only difference is the ReadMes, with the initial 1.1 update having just forgotten to update the ReadMe, so producing a second version of the update with the correct ReadMe. But I presume fromm this that the installer with 'For' rather than 'for' is the actual, correct lastest version.

edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    thoromyr said:

The installer with 'for' (lower case f) in its name installs a ReadMe file that's name says it is 1.0 rather than the 1.1 in the installer name.

The installer with 'For' (upper case F) in its name installs a ReadMe that says it is 1.1, agreeing with the version number in the installer name. The contents of the two ReadMe's are actually identical apart from the picture, with no mention of updates, problems solved or whatever.

I haven't gone through the actual installed content from each file by file to check, and it's quite possible that the only difference is the ReadMes, with the initial 1.1 update having just forgotten to update the ReadMe, so producing a second version of the update with the correct ReadMe. But I presume fromm this that the installer with 'For' rather than 'for' is the actual, correct lastest version.

Aaaargh! That'll teach me not to leap to the easy conclusion.

The installer with 'For' in the name, which installs a ReadMe that saya 1.1, installs content .dsf files dated October 2011.

The installer with 'for' in the name, which installs a ReadMe that saya 1.0, installs content .dsf files dated March 2012.

And the assorted .dsf files, both in the People/Genesis/Clothing and in the data folder, are NOT identical - the March 2012 ones have been changed from the October 2011 ones.

So actually the installer with 'for' in the filename contains the later files, even though it's the one that installs a ReadMe that says 1.0 rather than 1.1.

edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    DavidGB said:
    thoromyr said:

Aaaargh! That'll teach me not to leap to the easy conclusion.

The installer with 'For' in the name, which installs a ReadMe that saya 1.1, installs content .dsf files dated October 2011.

The installer with 'for' in the name, which installs a ReadMe that saya 1.0, installs content .dsf files dated March 2012.

And the assorted .dsf files, both in the People/Genesis/Clothing and in the data folder, are NOT identical - the March 2012 ones have been changed from the October 2011 ones.

So actually the installer with 'for' in the filename contains the later files, even though it's the one that installs a ReadMe that says 1.0 rather than 1.1.

Sheesh! I hate relying on file timestamps versus the explicit version number. It'd be nice if Daz reduced it to a single file set of what is the most current content.

edited December 1969

thoromyr said:

Sheesh! I hate relying on file timestamps versus the explicit version number. It'd be nice if Daz reduced it to a single file set of what is the most current content.

It's not just the file timestamps. The .dsf file format includes revision numbers and date fields within the files themselves if you open them in a text editor. The .dsf files from the 'for' installer have later revision numbers and dates internally, as well as later external timestamps than the ones from the 'For' installer.

DAZ should not be presenting us with both installers of course. But the 'for' one defintiely installs later revisions of the files.

edited December 1969

Errr. right. I should try reading next time :( Thanks for pointing out what you said. I'm up to the D's for products.... this'll take a while to sort through

edited August 2012

I have both Sexy Silky and the V5 Pro bundle in my Order history so I reset both of them to see if they had the same files..

I did a reset of just Sexy Silk for Genesis only the installers with the "for" are showing up.

The V5 Pro suite is showing both versions. both version aren't right next to each other too if you look at your downloads.

I also updated Beast & Brutes to (1.01) on the main list and added a note about Sexy Silky next to it.

Post edited by Jay_NOLA on
    edited December 1969

post lists Pretorian as v1.1, but from Genesis Battle Ready Bundle I have v1.2. The other versions match what I have already downloaded.

edited December 1969

didn't see either of these in the list

Ehawee for Hitomi 1.1
    Sugoi Hitomi 1.1

(versions are from resetting download and observing filenames which matched what I had originally downloaded)

edited December 1969

Thanks thoromyr,

I just updated the main list.

edited December 1969

Stephanie 5 bundle appears to include older versions of a couple of products:

Lycan Hunter is 1.0
    Lily Nymph for Genesis is 1.0

Keira is not listed above, it is 1.1 in the bundle

The others are listed above and at the same version unless I missed something

(quick replies to this thread always fail for me with different results. One time it just failed to post (repeatedly). Most recently it claimed I wasn't logged in, prompted for login, then failed the login/post -- the message wasn't clear)

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Holy crap! Maybe I should wait for the dust to settle.

edited December 1969

Thanks I got Keira added. Most have forgot her when I did the update.

Lycan Hunter & Lily Nymph for Genesis download the 1.1 version when you click on them in the Stephanie 5 Pro bundle,but the links say they are for the 1.0 version for some reason.

thoromyr said:
    Stephanie 5 bundle appears to include older versions of a couple of products:

Lycan Hunter is 1.0
    Lily Nymph for Genesis is 1.0

Keira is not listed above, it is 1.1 in the bundle

The others are listed above and at the same version unless I missed something

(quick replies to this thread always fail for me with different results. One time it just failed to post (repeatedly). Most recently it claimed I wasn't logged in, prompted for login, then failed the login/post -- the message wasn't clear)

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:

Lycan Hunter & Lily Nymph for Genesis download the 1.1 version when you click on them in the Stephanie 5 Pro bundle,but the links say they are for the 1.0 version for some reason.

Strange. I just reset the Stephanie 5 Pro bundle a couple of minutes ago and both my files are still at 1.0. Do different people have access to different files somehow?

S5P_reset_02.jpg
    599 x 185 - 32K
    S5P_reset_01.jpg
    599 x 195 - 34K
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    Thanks I got Keira added. Most have forgot her when I did the update.

Not for me. A reset showed the same files. Re-downloaded LilyNymph and it is identical to what I'd originally downloaded:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 thoromyr thoromyr  6000305 2012-08-22 18:28 13497_GenesisFemaleGenitalia_1.4_trx.exe
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 thoromyr thoromyr 56278566 2012-08-22 18:28 14756_CoolSportsGenesis_1.1_trx.exe
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 thoromyr thoromyr 36286133 2012-08-22 18:28 14757_PureHairCrazy_1.0_trx.exe
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 thoromyr thoromyr 33682787 2012-08-22 18:28 14760_SCFittedSundress_1.1_trx.exe
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 thoromyr thoromyr 48237694 2012-08-22 18:28 14773_LilyNymphGenesis_1.0_trx.exe
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 thoromyr thoromyr 45871479 2012-08-22 18:28 14781_PHLovely_1.0_trx.exe
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 thoromyr thoromyr 40876971 2012-08-22 18:28 14813_LukaHair_1.3_trx.exe
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 thoromyr thoromyr 40452456 2012-08-22 18:28 14813_LukaHairV4_1.3_dpc.exe
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 thoromyr thoromyr  6176116 2012-08-22 18:28 14826_Stephanie5Poses_1.1_ds.exe
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 thoromyr thoromyr 39599606 2012-08-22 18:28 14838_KeiraForS5_1.1_trx.exe
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 thoromyr thoromyr 39200506 2012-08-22 18:29 14838_KeiraForS5Ps_1.1_dpc.exe
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 thoromyr thoromyr 89297021 2012-08-22 18:28 14842_Stephanie5_1.0_trx.exe
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 thoromyr thoromyr 72330264 2012-08-22 18:28 14845_RileyS5_1.0_trx.exe
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 thoromyr thoromyr 54085807 2012-08-22 18:28 14848_LycanHunter_1.0_trx.exe
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 thoromyr thoromyr  6167519 2012-08-22 18:28 14864_S5BonusPoses_1.0_ds.exe

Unless those files contain 1.1 version content. I diff'd the dl'd file against what I had and computed the md5 checksum

$ md5sum 14773_LilyNymphGenesis_1.0_trx.exe 
    6891acbf072d85fa7730ad2c60b8064a  14773_LilyNymphGenesis_1.0_trx.exe

• erostewerostew Posts: 214
    edited December 1969

14094_SnoodHair_1.0_dpc.exe - Snood Hair
    Just reset this one and found the file is identical to the one I already had.

It's in the list of hair items in the Non-Genesis Items with Metadata thread but it is also for Genesis. It's one of the somewhat rare GN/Gen4 products that only has 1 dpc installer instead of the more usual paired dpc/trx installers.