2»

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

OK, thanks.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

A screenshot of the download page.

Downloaded both, and they're both for Mac OS. (Screenshot before I downloaded)

DAZ3D_download-page003.jpg
    842 x 482 - 64K
    Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • edited December 1969

I'm not mad, DAZ. I know this was just a fluke. It's happened before, no biggy. Just can't wait to get the right files..LOL

• Lonnie DudeLonnie Dude Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    I just purchased A Deck and in my downloads there are only MAC files. I've never seen a MAC only product in the store before. Anyway, while i'd love to own a MAC, i have windows. It's the weekend so i"ll probably have to wait till Monday for my downloads.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Post merged since it was on the same subject

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited August 2012

Richard, Chohole, anyone.

WHO CHANGED T:HE: TITLE TO THIS POST. That's not what I wrote. This sounds angry and horrid and I DID NOT WRITE THAT.

What I wrote was informational, not confrontational and I'd like an answer.

Editing to add that it seems threads were merged. Mods, please be careful. This looks like I wrote that thread title.

Post edited by Spit on
  • edited December 1969

And just think: if DAZ used plain ol' zip files like everyone else on the freaking planet, this would never have happened.

Someday someone's gonna give me a solid reason for such nonsense. To date no one has.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2012

'@ Sean Martin just FYI Daz is in the process of changing over to zip files. At the moment they are converting the older files, because Mac users have trouble with the older installers, but eventually the whole catalogue will be in zip file format.

Now can we go back to the original topic please

@ Spit...several threads on the same topic have been merged into one, so the thread header of the first thread which we started merging them to is being used. Sorry about that.As yours post is now the first post in the thread you can edit the thread title if you wish. Just use the edit button under your post.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited December 1969

Someday someone’s gonna give me a solid reason for such nonsense. To date no one has.

Perhaps because products that are purchased should be installable without any outside program, whether it be free or not, and without the user needing to learn or use any third-party software, no matter how simple or commonly used it may be.

I'll take installers any day anyway.
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Chohole

Thanks. I changed it.

• JRC1334JRC1334 Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

I have brought this to the attention of an administrator and I just want to make sure that the product (A-Deck) is fixed by Monday I DO NOT want my money wasted on a product that does not have the PC installers! here is a screen cap. As you see, Daz3d or the vendor only provided the product with the Mac files not PC.

daz_screen_cap1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 388K
  • Art_JunkieArt_Junkie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've got to ask, but did you actually download all 4 of the files and check them to see if they were identical? It's possible they just got the names wrong. I would download each one, renaming them so they don't overwriter each other, and open them and check the contents.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I've got to ask, but did you actually download all 4 of the files and check them to see if they were identical? It's possible they just got the names wrong. I would download each one, renaming them so they don't overwriter each other, and open them and check the contents.

Funny enough, that's actually a good idea

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

There is another thread on A-deck here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6410/ sounded liked some of them had already checked the files.

edited December 1969

mergerd yet another thread into this thread

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 567
    edited December 1969

if you have a look at the unzipped files you will see one is an installer. run it and you will get this.

a_deck.jpg
    850 x 442 - 90K
    edited December 1969

Yes,Yes and Yes. I have checked and thoroughly examined all 4 of the zip files. Please I wish people will stop asking that question, I know you are trying to help.Gratitude, but it has no barring on this issue. I love the products Daz has to offer but this is getting to become an annoyance to me and this seems to becoming somewhat of a trend here. Either files are not available or they are incompatible for Poser. If Daz wants to "phase-out" the poser community-fine no problem (I use both) but when they advertise products that say they are dual-platform and dual software compatible i.e Poser and Daz and they turn out not to be that is another issue entirely. Case in point I recently purchased Stage FX beams and was excited to see it work in Poserpro2010 and much to my dismay it was only built for Daz. Again that's fine BUT IT ADVERTISED IT FOR POSER AND DAZ AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! see my point? I am sorry but it makes me so mad that they do that and I am sure there are other customers that have purchased products that share similar and exact same problems that I have been ranting on about. I love Daz and I have been a loyal customer for nearly a decade so the point in all this is to have the problem addressed and fixed. Below I have provided another screen shot of the Stage FX beam so you guys can comb thru your website and resolve this issue. Thank You.

daz_screen_cap2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 396K
    edited December 1969

ok,
    I hear what you are saying but you are not hearing/reading what i am saying.
    1/ went to my Download page at Daz this morning.
    2/ it showed two zips, both said they were for Mac.
    3/ I downloaded both zips.
    4/ I unzipped one, got a message that the file was no good
    5/ I unzipped the second and got an installer.
    6/ I ran the installer
    7/ I started poser went the figures and clicked on a deck
    8/ posted pic at Daz.
    I am running poser 2012 on a PC running xp64
    I hope this helps :)

edited December 1969

Okay thank you it worked :) last night and today I went to my account page and all 4 files were zip files I apologize I thought you were saying the actual pc installer was contained within the zip files and I guess I misunderstood you because all 4 zip files were Mac installers went back to my DL page and clicked on the 2nd file and it was a pc installer so I guess they fixed it but still on the DL page it says all 4 files are Mac installers. Regardless it seemed to work and I apologize thank you :)

edited December 1969

Well it seems only fair that I post this quick-fix solution to a common problem costumers are having who purchased A-Deck and need the PC installers.Considering how far my rants regarding this issue that went on and on. Still I hope Daz addresses the compatibility issues we are having here. Anyhow earlier in the evening during one of my mega rants a user by the name of SoulTaker posted a solution to the mishap daz is having (or had) with the A-Deck prop below are the instructions for the fix. :)

SoulTaker

I hear what you are saying but you are not hearing/reading what i am saying.
    1/ went to my Download page at Daz this morning.
    2/ it showed two zips, both said they were for Mac.
    3/ I downloaded both zips.
    4/ I unzipped one, got a message that the file was no good
    5/ I unzipped the second and got an installer.
    6/ I ran the installer
    7/ I started poser went the figures and clicked on a deck
    8/ posted pic at Daz.
    I am running poser 2012 on a PC running xp64
    I hope this helps smile

edited December 1969

JRC1334 said:
    Okay thank you it worked :) last night and today I went to my account page and all 4 files were zip files I apologize I thought you were saying the actual pc installer was contained within the zip files and I guess I misunderstood you because all 4 zip files were Mac installers went back to my DL page and clicked on the 2nd file and it was a pc installer so I guess they fixed it but still on the DL page it says all 4 files are Mac installers. Regardless it seemed to work and I apologize thank you :)

np glad you got it to work ;)
    edited December 1969

Merged another on the same subject

• KibarretoKibarreto Posts: 38
    edited August 2012

The A-Deck is PC and MAC compatible. It is also poser and daz studio compatible. I attached this thread to the a-deck daz tester. Daz is in charge to set both installers. He answered me this half an hour ago: "I just looked at it, and its set up with one PC and one Mac file. Though it does look to have been recently changed, so I assume someone else has updated it".
    So, as I have no tools to see the files I also assume the problem is fixed.

Post edited by Kibarreto on
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Funny enough, there were (and still are...) only two (2) files. I think he might have reset, and so got a repeat. Thus all four files in the screenshot are the same file.... I doubt they've done anything as they in general don't work on their weekends (like the rest of us that are as fortunate).

Edit. Read the replies, and I'll download the second zip and see if there's an installer there.

Edit2. Yeah, it's an installer, not a zip.

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
    edited December 1969

I have been informed that the problem has been fixed. The proper files are now listed in your downloads. If you are still showing 2 MAC files, please reset your download and you should get the proper files.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

I've seen this happen before (but the other way around). The links says (PC & PC or Mac & Mac), but if you check what the browser tells you when you hover the links, it's one Mac and one PC (Mac is .zip, PC is .exe).
    I guess the error is the "screen text" for the links, not the actual installers or links.

/ Totte

• edited December 1969

>> "Now can we go back to the original topic please"

With all due respect, it was germaine to the original topic.

Further, if as you say DAZ is in the process of converting to zips over installers, why not do it with the new products *as well as* the older ones?

Perhaps if they had, situations like the one in this thread would be totally unnecessary. You unzip, get a product runtime, and be done with it. Instead... well, we have four pages on what the buyer had to go through. Yep, makes all the sense in the world...

edited December 1969

Again, if you had been following the threads that do discuss the progress of the conversion, then you would know why they have started doing it in the way they have, but again it is information that is not pertinent to the original subject of this thread.

• edited December 1969

I hear a lot of tap dancing.

It all sounds very pretty.