Experiments with fog and light.

heilbuttheilbutt Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Used the shader mixer to achieve some fog and light effects.

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

heilbutt said:
    Interesting...have you seen Age of armours Fog Cameras? They were built in Shader Mixer also.
  • heilbuttheilbutt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    heilbutt said:
    Interesting...have you seen Age of armours Fog Cameras? They were built in Shader Mixer also.

Thank you. I did not know about this camera before but looks very interesting. I would not know how to achieve the "good rays" from the shadows (are these goodrays?) in the first pic. Someone knows?
    In my image I used a z-Depth map for the fog (added the fog itself later in gimp).

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited August 2012

The godsray look fantastic I agree!

I can't remember the process...it's been a while since I did some renders using it but I did manage to get these results when playing. Please keep in mind that they are not finished renders.

Not exactly godsrays but using the camera for them.

stage_of_dionysious_b.png
    1500 x 1000 - 3M
    stage_of_dionysious_d.png
    1500 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • heilbuttheilbutt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That looks very good. I still could not achieve the "godray" effect.. but still working on it :-)
    Here another light-fog experiment.

3daz.jpg
    817 x 613 - 127K
  • Sid_1500574Sid_1500574 Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

I bought the age of armour atmospheric camera the other day, and it has been the most fun I have had in ages. I'm still experimenting with it, and have only really been using the volume camera so far, but it has been a blast going back to my old renders and applying light effects to them.

Here's a quick example using a light effect that I always wanted to do but never could before.

spider_small.png
    700 x 612 - 528K
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

I bought the age of armour atmospheric camera the other day, and it has been the most fun I have had in ages. I'm still experimenting with it, and have only really been using the volume camera so far, but it has been a blast going back to my old renders and applying light effects to them.

Here's a quick example using a light effect that I always wanted to do but never could before.

that is a great render :)

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited December 1969

Anyone remeber how to conjure up those godlights. I bought this volume camera ages ago, but never really managed to make it work.

• Sid_1500574Sid_1500574 Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Use a spotlight as your only source of light, you shouldn't need to adjust anything on the volume camera except turning up the quality. If you make sure the spread angle on the light is fairly narrow you should see the effect.