A thought about the "Itemized Order History" page

bringhobringho Posts: 239
edited August 2012 in The Commons

Dunno if this has been brought up earlier...

One thing that should not be to hard to implement and lessen the burden on the servers is to add a column on the Itemized Order History page with the date when the item was updated.

Then we would not have to reset the item just to find out that we in fact already have the latest version of the item downloaded.

Just a thought.

Cheerio for now

Post edited by bringho on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

A lot of work needs done to the page, I would like to see it in date order like it used to be. Hopefully DAZ will get around to it soon.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,359
    edited December 1969

I'd like to see all fields sortable.

• Teresa TylloTeresa Tyllo Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Me too, Frank!

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

I'd like to see one long page like we used to have.
    I have a ton of pages to go through even when I set 50 items/page.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,359
    edited December 1969

oh defiantly.

• bringhobringho Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I'd like to see all fields sortable.

Ditto!

And it might also lessen the burden on the servers, which was my lame attempt to notify "authoritative listeners" that it was something worth prioritizing. %-P

Cheers!
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

bringho said:
    One thing that should not be to hard to implement and lessen the burden on the servers is to add a column on the Itemized Order History page with the date when the item was updated.

Then we would not have to reset the item just to find out that we in fact already have the latest version of the item downloaded.

Actually, it would probably add to server load as it would have to match the entry to the product record and retrieve the update date for every item on every page that was viewed. Not every view of the order hsitory will lead to a reset, and not every view that leads to a reset will reset all, so the overhead of providing all those update dates would probably be worse than the occasional unneeded reset.

• bringhobringho Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

bringho said:

Actually, it would probably add to server load as it would have to match the entry to the product record and retrieve the update date for every item on every page that was viewed. Not every view of the order hsitory will lead to a reset, and not every view that leads to a reset will reset all, so the overhead of providing all those update dates would probably be worse than the occasional unneeded reset.

Yea, you're right Richard.

Looking at the page in daylight it sure looks like the data is stored the same database table.

As my mother used to say at breakfast time while a growing up: "Turn on your brain before you start to speak...."