This HAS to be the WORST site update I have EVER witnessed on ANY SITE!! 10 Steps Backwards DAZ

TimoteoTimoteo Posts: 63
edited May 2012 in The Commons

[GRIPE ON]

I had been wanting to post this since the changes took place, but of course the forums were down, and then I stopped visiting DAZ out of frustration. So, sorry to be a party-pooper, but the new Daz website is absolutely horrible. They have removed or changed so many features for the worse ...

The newsletter said: "You'll find the same familiar look and feel ..." I DON'T THINK SO ...

1) Sales no longer list when they are ending.

2) No longer a "SALE ITEMS ONLY" option

3) The WishList is, sadly, as slow as ever (possibly slower now with all the huge comment boxes) and STILL no advanced functionality that has been requested.

3b) Can't sort the WishList.

4) STILL can't add items to WishList from product listing page. Still have to go to the product page, then choose WishList. I know this feature has been requested for years now.

5) The product pages have been made worse .. now all the info that used to appear (conveniently) on the same page, is now tabbed instead. I thought the option to show or not show the additional information before was MUCH better. I don't see how the tabbing is an improvement in any way.

6) Products no longer have related items or accessories (that I saw anyway). Seems like a horrible move from a sales perspective at the very least.

7) Can no longer move items to Wishlist from the Cart ... ingenious!

8) The fonts hurt my eyes, but I would gladly keep them if it meant undoing all the above mentioned items.

On a positive note, I guess the new bizarre "Compare" feature can be used as a "temp cart" that users have been requesting for a long time now.

Finally, sadly, the site does not seem faster really to me ... if so, only marginally.

-Tim

[/GRIPE OFF]

Post edited by Timoteo on

Comments

• edited December 1969

the purchased products download is a nightmare now.
    You have to sort through 4 files for each download as opposed to just choosing mac or pc in the drop down.
    Grrrr...

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

I've been afraid to visit the store at all since this crap started.

Not $1 spent since the "Improvements" happened.

I barely even post much - the forums are too much work to use - they're not Fun anymore.

They really blew this one. But I'll hang around and see if they ever fix anything ...

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited December 1969

a cowtastrophy! :coolhmm:

• Michael CMichael C Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

Add sort-of reverse but more like random sorting of topics in the forums so it mostly looks like nothing is happening and the reqirement to completely relog in at many and random times. I have to beleive someone is regretting this decision. Store sales must have dropped off the edge. It would be nice if there was a regular announcement of progress. If there has been it's buried somewhere.

And now my Platinum Club membership is ignored.

• edited December 1969

Yea, I really don't know what has happened to DAZ. This used to be my favorite site to visit - it's still my homepage, actually. But after the whole Genesis thing and now this horrific mess, I'm starting to think I should change it to something else. Please, DAZ, we love you still - come back to us!

• Super NewbSuper Newb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I hope someone is diligently working on this stuff. I haven't bought anything since the "improvements" either; tried twice... failed twice.

I'm sure it will be fixed (soon)... Patience is a virtue... But I don't have time for it! :cheese:

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

They will get everything corrected.... its just alot more expensive cost and reputation wise in production than in earlier stages of the project... I would guess Daz is like alot of companies and when cuts are made QA is the first to go (I lost my job that way).

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

I'm not buying anything either. And these forums are just painful and clunky.

Not feeling the love.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247
    edited December 1969

I didn't even start getting the email alerts of "Someone has posted in a topic" until today -- and none of the topics are identified in the email header.

And the notices are all from several days ago.

• shadowfire87shadowfire87 Posts: 11
    edited May 2012

This is not what I expected but I bought so much stuff, over the years, that I have to hang in there and hope they listen to us.

At least make the itemized order history more like the current Wish-List (minus the comments and can you add a "+" drop to the comments on the WL so as to not make that page too long?) so that I do not have to go through 196 or so pages to find stuff to reset.

Post edited by shadowfire87 on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,139
    edited May 2012

MrPoser said:
    They will get everything corrected.... its just alot more expensive cost and reputation wise in production than in earlier stages of the project... I would guess Daz is like alot of companies and when cuts are made QA is the first to go (I lost my job that way).

Um... suppose that QA was non-existant... what would be the next group to get axed? Programmers? Or have they been assigned to cleaning the toilets? 8-o

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

They are working on thing one by one and by order of importance. Over the next several day/weeks you should see a noticeable difference.

edited May 2012

oops, double post

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited May 2012

I needed to buy something right after the new site was supposed to appear, but it didn't so I couldn't.
    I needed something a few days ago, but couldn't find it in the store. Tried to search for it, but the site just sat there for 10 minutes. Ended up going to another site.

I'm not going to boycott buying or anything. I just want to be able to find stuff. That isn't easy now. Then when it's found the site won't let me pay for it. I have no idea if I would be able to download a purchase yet.

Daz, I'll stick with you lot.

It may have been better to leave well enough alone because this is clearly worse than what you had. The old site may have been held together with Duct tape and string, but it was at least together.

P.S. When you find the guy that sold you this piece of junk, give him an extra punch for me.

Post edited by tsarist on
  • WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited May 2012

MrPoser said:

Um... suppose that QA was non-existant... what would be the next group to get axed? Programmers? Or have they been assigned to cleaning the toilets? 8-o

Toilets? Who needs toilets?
    " Mom ! . . . . . Hot Pocket ! "

Post edited by Wahil on
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Denny L said:
    Toilets? Who needs toilets?

Not me!

When my plumbing exploded I just fought my cats for the litter box. ♨♨♨♨

edited December 1969

Anybody got a clue about how forum posts are sorted now? It certainly isn't chronological order. :-(

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

By date the thread was posted, newest first. So it is the exact reverse of how it was showing.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

What we still don't have is threads being ordered by most recent post, but at least we are seeing progress.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247
    edited May 2012

We're seeing change. I'm not yet convinced it's progress. But at least the e-mail notification of posts in threads is finally working.

ETA: And if you can't bring the recent posts forward separately, you should at least add a 'Go to page' box to the footer.

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited December 1969

Progress is measured one step at a time. Can't be all done instantaneously.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
    edited December 1969

Thats what the amphibians say about evolution...

On a side note, one can measure a disaster all at once... Debris... smoke... goats in trees... Yup, the barn exploded.

Ah, I'm just foolin' around... its nice... Not like leeches nice... nice like..... ah, who knows... nice... come on now, you can't tell me this all won't give the DAZ staff YEARS of amusing anecdotes to relate at parties? And don't they say what does not kill you, only makes you stronger and then has to wait till you fall asleep to try and kill you again... (I might of messed that up)... I bet the the staff at DAZ is learning all sorts of interesting new curse words while all along they feel their resilience and character build and I bet all the local pharmacies in Draper Utah have sold record amounts of antacid! And DAZ fans too have benefited from this... many of us can now look directly at the sun with no ill effects... we probably all have new keyboards and mice now and have practiced patching drywall... you have to look on the bright side... or just stare at the forums screen.. same thing!
    It's all good!

• Super NewbSuper Newb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thats what the amphibians say about evolution...

On a side note, one can measure a disaster all at once... Debris... smoke... goats in trees... Yup, the barn exploded.

Ah, I'm just foolin' around... its nice... Not like leeches nice... nice like..... ah, who knows... nice... come on now, you can't tell me this all won't give the DAZ staff YEARS of amusing anecdotes to relate at parties? And don't they say what does not kill you, only makes you stronger and then has to wait till you fall asleep to try and kill you again... (I might of messed that up)... I bet the the staff at DAZ is learning all sorts of interesting new curse words while all along they feel their resilience and character build and I bet all the local pharmacies in Draper Utah have sold record amounts of antacid! And DAZ fans too have benefited from this... many of us can now look directly at the sun with no ill effects... we probably all have new keyboards and mice now and have practiced patching drywall... you have to look on the bright side... or just stare at the forums screen.. same thing!
    It's all good!

lol. Yes, it's just a forum.... I was actually starting to get some animating done, but now that it's "sort of" working, I'm "sort of" spending too much time reasding it again :-)

edited December 1969

Some live to read the forums and just sit there hitting the refresh button.

• TimoteoTimoteo Posts: 63
    edited May 2012

9) Just discovered this "gem" ... you can no longer view your purchase history all at once. The max is 50 items per page, making searches nigh impossible (INCREDIBLY difficult to put it mildly). I have over 40 pages even at 50 per page.

What's worse, they are now ALPHABETICAL instead of CHRONOLOGICAL, and can NOT be sorted. Thus making it pretty much impossible to download those items I have forgotten to download. I had figured out the date I had stopped downloading, but now that does me ZERO good.

Sorry, but just plain STUPID. Honestly, do the people making these "improvements" actually use the site?

-Tim

EDIT:
    PS> I do now realize this may not be new news to some/all of you.
    PSS> I really do like DAZ ... just the old DAZ.

Post edited by Timoteo on
  • TimoteoTimoteo Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Progress is measured one step at a time. Can't be all done instantaneously.

Right, but why in god's name would DAZ launch this in its present state?? I remember when the iteration before last was launched, it was considered in beta for ... well, like forever. I think it was considered beta for at least a year or two ... somebody correct me if I'm wrong. And also, the very last iteration before this nightmare, there was a try-it-out phase that lasted a decent while before the changes were implemented. This was just ... BOOM ... HELLO, WELCOME TO CHAOS.

• LostInSpaceManLostInSpaceMan Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

I find I have less reason to waste my time here now. That's a plus in my schedule.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

StevenA said:
    I find I have less reason to waste my time here now. That's a plus in my schedule.

I am spending less time here too.
    Less money as well.

Guess there is a bright side to this thing.