Where's Stan

ManStanManStan Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Where is manstan, and what is he doing? hint, it's a popular MMO.

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

No Idea which one that is.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

you are a Wally!!!! %-P

edited December 1969

great to see you moving on and doing renders! ;-P

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

renders lol , game screen caps. Here's the next one. What I am doing should be easy enough.

elfdock.jpg
    914 x 677 - 116K
    edited August 2012

I also play more the one character. Here is Natsnam,

natsnam_2.jpg
    226 x 316 - 33K
    Post edited by ManStan on
    edited August 2012

I neve play games so would not know, I thought you were emulating a scene in a game using a Daz character.
    have you tried 3D ripper XD to get mesh out of a game?
    I only have GTA San Andreas but it works on that but readding the 900+ textures manually is a nightmare!!
    no matter what I try in notepad with the mtl file I cannot get Carrara, studio or anything else to do it by default
    studio's surface select tool at least makes it easier to find each surface than Carrara but still daunting.
    GTA people in Carrara

2.jpg
    915 x 1075 - 161K
    1.jpg
    793 x 1077 - 147K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

I've play video games as long as there have been video games lol

If my game mesh capture app still worked I'd snag my character out of the game just to clean up the mes and textures and render real sharp in carrara.

one of my other character is snamnat.

snamnat.jpg
    235 x 537 - 39K
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Guild Wars 2 came out recently, but NOT on Steam...

edited December 1969

what capture app did you have?
    I used 3D ripper dx on GTA but manually adding textures makes it impractical, if one has 3ds Max there is a plugin and you apparently get all your textures
    have has no luck with Gmax and Kams maxscript,
    not prepared to buy Zmodeler just for this, have free version only.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

That's gotta be LoTRO.

edited December 1969

Give Satira Capriccio some pipeweed :D

That was my main charter Hunter/explorer doing the festival fishing events.

Wendy that is what I used to use. I haven't checked in a while for an update, but last I knew it doesn't work on W7 64.

Here is my last two characters, Stannam and Tannams.

last.jpg
    384 x 551 - 71K
    edited December 1969

I have Win7 64bit,
    it works
    well at least the previous build
    get page not found for the latest build
    textures in dds, use irfanview batch convert but edditing the mtl file replacing dds with jpg still does not load them.
    come on, try some in Carrara! you can add smoothing and stuff, create shading domains and use proceedural shaders on bits etc
    might cheer you up a bit!

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,532
    edited December 1969

I really should play my copy more often.

edited August 2012

Oh I love it. Any one that knows me knows I have played a bunch of FRPGMMOs. LOTRO is by far the best I've played; I mean it is really what I like in a an FRPG. Fairly complex, enough extra stuff to keep you thinking; it's not simple hack and slash. There are the crafts that I spend as much time doing as questing. My characters have made all the rugs in my house as well as much of the furniture. lol Well my tailor made the rugs and my woodworker made the furniture, but my other character contributed with components. So yes, if you want to be the best furniture maker in an frpg you can be lol The woodworker also makes bows, javelins, spears, halberds and the like. My tailor makes the leather armor, and the jeweler made the chandelier lol

They have seasonal events/festivals but they aren't that much fun, or at least not for me, I'm not a big fan of forced emotes; read as griefing.
    I mean some of it is funny but since it is forced and you can't opt out, many use the forced emotes to grief other players.

Pretty liberal bunch here, I've caught flack on the LOTRO forum for running so many female characters. Yes, it's the view ;)

edited August 2012

Wendy, I downloaded dxripper again and it just wont work on my 64bit system with DX10. DX9 is as high as it goes. I'm going to try to rest my game to DX 9 and see if it works, but it didn't even try with DX10.
    Nope, 3dripper just does not work on my 644bit system. I'd say this app is done, hasn't been updated to 64 bit so I doubt it ever will be.

In lotro you can be a home owner and; very limitedly, decorate your house and yard.

my_house.jpg
    1612 x 595 - 255K
    edited December 1969

works for me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxtf0jpievM
    poor Stan, having no luck :long:

edited December 1969

It worked fine on my old 32bit, but does absolutely nothing on my 64bit. It even says as much when you select "global systems monitoring".
    Hell, no one has posted on the forum in over a year.

I know I am doing it right, it just does nothing, doesn't even try.

edited December 1969

I DID use it on a 32bit game though in program files(x86), maybe that makes a difference, will have to find something that uses directX in program files to test it on.

edited December 1969

The game is 32 bit in my x86 folder and I did reset it to directx 9. None the less the app does nothing. I can staret the game through the app, but nothing in the app works from there.

• waningmoonwaningmoon Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

did you try installing a copy of DirectX 9.0c from an old game disk? perhaps that might just do the trick.

regards,
    waningmoon