My renders thread

Comments

• Michael GMichael G Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

kylumi said:
    Michael_G said:
    Mt first attempt with Jamminwolfie`s Sabrina Blinker (Renderosity), had to correct some render mistakes in PS, theres also some LUX poke through which kinda spoils it IMO (don`t know how to patch repair in PS yet). Rendered to 872.56 samples over 17 hours, there's still some render noise but 1 night and 1 day is enough. Hope you guys like it.

Great image.....repairs are very easy in PS.

Zoom in close to the area you wish to repair. Then select the clone tool and chose an area very close to the one you wish to repair. Hover over this area then press and hold ALT KEY to select it. Release the ALT KEY then use your mouse [by holding down the left button] to clone the area you want to repair.

Thanks Kylumi, see that white square? some one pointed that out over at Deviantart. Buggered if I know where that came from.

• kylumikylumi Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

Watch...... I will remove it for you. ;-)

edited December 1969

Removed using CLONE TOOL......

Sabrina2.jpg
    773 x 1000 - 285K
    edited December 1969

I bow to you good sir :D

edited December 1969

Michael_G said:
    I bow to you good sir :D

lol......But, honestly I make it sound harder than it really is. Its simple, but takes a little practice.

edited December 1969

"`ere bert!!! bill!!! what the `ell!!! guys where supposed to be respectable statues not bloody yobs blowing bubble gum!!!"

statue.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 350K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Double Bubble? Or another flavor gum?

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

There english stones so it has to be wrigleys spearmint lol.

edited December 1969

Michael_G said:
    Jaderail said:

There english stones so it has to be wrigleys spearmint lol.I thought they was polynesian, like Easter Island. Wouldn't that be more like Juicy Fruit?

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Michael_G said:
    Jaderail said:

There english stones so it has to be wrigleys spearmint lol.

I thought they was polynesian, like Easter Island. Wouldn't that be more like Juicy Fruit?

Yeah thats true, ok you win. :D

edited August 2012

"hmmm!, whats that funny looking human and his little humans doing staring and point at me?", "ooo! bright light, crikey they do funny things these humans. Must keep smiling, act all stony and natural."

Rendered using 3Delight DAZ pro 4.5.

Legend_of_the_stones.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 373K
    Post edited by Michael G on
    edited December 1969

"Henry....?", "Sigh!...what`s up Bert?"
    "Dude, im bored. I`ve like been standing here for a 1000 years and my feet are killing me!"
    "Bert..sigh!...your a stone you do not have any feet. Were stones and we stand, it`s what we do."
    "Guys pipe down a little, i`m trying to sleep!.".

legend_2.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 434K
    edited December 1969

Picked up the new Stephanie 5 model form DAZ today, did this portrait to see how she fairs in LUX.

All standard settings expect custom normals for the dress and her hair.

Rendered to 4.22k in LUX 1RC3.

stephanie.jpg
    960 x 1242 - 441K
  • Jake_35533Jake_35533 Posts: 242
    edited December 1969

Michael_G said:
    Picked up the new Stephanie 5 model form DAZ today, did this portrait to see how she fairs in LUX.

All standard settings expect custom normals for the dress and her hair.

Rendered to 4.22k in LUX 1RC3.

Glad to see another person using reality plugin. What is the differnece between victoria and stephanie? I could never figure it out. Same thing with david and micheal.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Jake, when The original Steph 3 and David 3 came out they were Victoria and Michaels little siblings, so to speak.

SO if Victoria was meant to be 5'8" tall, then Steph was 5'2" and slimmer, not quite so voluptuos straight out the box, so to speak, and similarly David was shorter and not so well muscled as Michael.

Of course it is possible to morph both to be similalry well endowed as the other 2 figures, but in a more petite package.

I personally always preferred Steph petite and David, when they were current, because I come from a family which is shorter on average than the 6'2" muscular hunks, and thus I equate more with those 2 figures. I am actually a mere 5' nothing.

The Steph character for Genesis is also around 5'2" tall, so keeps to the family tradition.

• Jake_35533Jake_35533 Posts: 242
    edited September 2012

chohole said:
    Jake, when The original Steph 3 and David 3 came out they were Victoria and Michaels little siblings, so to speak.

SO if Victoria was meant to be 5'8" tall, then Steph was 5'2" and slimmer, not quite so voluptuos straight out the box, so to speak, and similarly David was shorter and not so well muscled as Michael.

Of course it is possible to morph both to be similalry well endowed as the other 2 figures, but in a more petite package.

I personally always preferred Steph petite and David, when they were current, because I come from a family which is shorter on average than the 6'2" muscular hunks, and thus I equate more with those 2 figures. I am actually a mere 5' nothing.

The Steph character for Genesis is also around 5'2" tall, so keeps to the family tradition.

Thanks for the info.

Post edited by Jake_35533 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I actually don't use DS at all :red: , only use Poser, and that an ollder version, just to get my figures into my app of choice. I won't bother telling you what that is. :coolsmirk:

edited August 2012

Stephanie 5 with the Riley texture set.
    Timeless reflections bedroom (custom normal maps on all textures).
    Wonderous wares vase with a very pale yellow (255,255,201) transmission colour.
    Pumps and stockings white fish nets (custom normal map).
    Boudoir whispers teddy with white Paris texture (custom normal map).
    Aspasia hair.
    Globe lamp and chandelier (behind the camera) were taken from here http://wdj-freebies.webs.com/ thanks so much John.

So here is my longest render yet, 6.63k samples with around 60 hours render time, I was going to let it run to 10k but it didn't seam to be changing any more so i stopped it.
    Both the globe lamp and chandelier have low black body temps plus the globe lamp has a red/brown tint to the light.
    Film response used was the Kodak portra 800.

vanity.jpg
    773 x 1000 - 329K
    Post edited by Michael G on
    edited December 1969

Wanted to try another one with Stephanie 5 this time with the Gabi texture set, rendered to 5.05k samples. This is the first time I have used an IBL light. Some crazy bump normal maps added for good measure.

Stephanie 5 with the Gabi texture set.
    Lycan hunter Clothes set, light brown matts.
    Eagle
    A walk on water scene set.
    Hdrvfx 0017 picacho peak IBL light from HDRlabs.
    Agfachrome RSX2 200 film response.

walk.jpg
    773 x 1000 - 301K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

WOW! Can I just say PERFECTION! Great stuff Michael!!!!! :bug: :cheese: :wow:

edited December 1969

WOW! Can I just say PERFECTION! Great stuff Michael!!!!! :bug: :cheese: :wow:

Shucks! Your too kind :)

edited December 1969

Michael_G said:
    West Park Hospital entrance hall, door way to the world of the mad, the lost and the insane.

This one had me looking for zombies LOL

edited December 1969

Here is my version of the DAZ bus top vignette,
    I tried to make a displacement map for the brick wall but for some reason LUX didnt load it even though it loaded into Reality and there's 2 levels of sub-division. Rendered to 4.63k samples in LUX.

bus.jpg
    1400 x 1050 - 334K
    edited December 1969

Cup of coffee and a good book.

Roberto mellos Brunna
    Amy elite texture set
    Sultry for carlota
    A bright loft.
    Fantasy book
    Radiant jaguar hair

Rendered to 3.83k samples in LUX RC4.

The three mirror tiles are actually picture frame props converted to mirrors in Reality, came as quite a nice surprise. The lamp is untouched by me, Reality set it up with its own custom metal using the original texture and this really nice chrome happened. The sofa has textures taken from the silk and leather fabricator sets with custom normal and displacement maps.

loft.jpg
    1400 x 1050 - 400K
    edited December 1969

Decided to do anther elf, hope fully conveying the emotion I was looking for. Used an IBL from the skies of reality set and a curved mesh light with a red/brown tint to colour her skin.

Victoria 4
    Odonata textures and morphs
    Earane top and skirt with custom normal map and velvet material.
    Fairylicious necklace, bracelet and earrings.
    Zahirs palace with custom mormal maps.
    Skies of reality v1
    Rendered to 8.80k samples in LUX v1 in just over 11 hours.

gazeebo.jpg
    1400 x 1050 - 320K
  • revenger681revenger681 Posts: 156
    edited December 1969

Michael_G said:
    Ok re-sized, its look a bit odd but ah well.

http://michaelg1234.deviantart.com/#/d50qa27 <-full size version.</div>

I think this is my fav. The pose, and her expression. :) The others are great too, thanks for sharing!
    edited December 1969

Michael_G said:
    Decided to do anther elf, hope fully conveying the emotion I was looking for. Used an IBL from the skies of reality set and a curved mesh light with a red/brown tint to colour her skin.

Victoria 4
    Odonata textures and morphs
    Earane top and skirt with custom normal map and velvet material.
    Fairylicious necklace, bracelet and earrings.
    Zahirs palace with custom mormal maps.
    Skies of reality v1
    Rendered to 8.80k samples in LUX v1 in just over 11 hours.

That is a beautiful Render Michael :)

edited December 1969

Thanks guys, was beginning to wonder if I was posting on here for nothing.

edited December 1969

Hey, you know I follow you. I might not say much some times but Hey all I could say would be how good they are over and over.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Hey, you know I follow you. I might not say much some times but Hey all I could say would be how good they are over and over.

Its ok, just getting a bit dejected is all. Ignore me lol