Dwarfology - Now Available (commercial)

RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747
edited August 2012 in The Commons

Dwarfology

Now Available!!!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/raw-dwarfology

A staple in all fantasy art, Dwarves are one of our most favorite characters. Mighty warriors, whose size is no hindrance to their strength.
Mix and match all the morphs in this set to create many variations to fill an entire village. With separate body shapes and face shapes, countless looks are available to you.
Also comes with 3 proportion presets, to allow you to create whatever size suits your fantasy.

Product Includes:

• Seven custom Male Body Morphs
• Seven custom Female Body Morphs
• Seven custom Male Face Morphs
• Seven custom Female Face Morphs

Post edited by RawArt on

Comments

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747
    edited December 1969

more pics

Dwarfology-pop4.jpg
    500 x 650 - 181K
    Dwarfology-pop2.jpg
    500 x 650 - 177K
  • VI KnightVI Knight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This looks awesome as usual. I will be looking out for these.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Oooooooooo, there's Dwalin and Balin, Kíli and Fíli, Dori, Nori, and Ori, Óin and Glóin, Bifur, Bofur, and Bombur! And (of course) Thorin! :cheese: Yeah, with the first part of the Hobbit movie coming up? Nice timing for this.

edited December 1969

Oooooooooo, there's Dwalin and Balin, Kíli and Fíli, Dori, Nori, and Ori, Óin and Glóin, Bifur, Bofur, and Bombur! And (of course) Thorin! :cheese: Yeah, with the first part of the Hobbit movie coming up? Nice timing for this.

Yeah...it's almost like it was planned or something ;) LOL

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 548
    edited December 1969

I've always loved your unique characters RawArt. This will be a definite buy for me.

:-)

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Whoo Hoo!

Moira the Demon Dwarf can be Genesis-Ized! (The only real positive in an otherwise dissapointing 3.5 ed D&D campaign was her time in the Arena taking on a T-Rex and winning the party's freedom)

edited December 1969

Demon Dwarf....sounds like fun!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Used on a full sized genesis, the faces would be good for Breughel (I hope I've spelled that correctly - FF thinks it should be Brothel, which I know is wrong).

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

How did you decide to have 7 of each? :lol:

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Yeah, how come?!? >:( That's sounding more Snow White than Tolkien!

%-P

edited December 1969

It seemed like the right number

I mean....if we learned anything from fairy tales that is.

Rawn

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

the custom face morphs look fantastic!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

That's sounding more Snow White than Tolkien!

The difference may not be as deep as most people realise. I refer of course to JRRT's long-believed-lost "Tale Of Lossiel" story fragment, unearthed in a Usenet post several years ago. For some unknown reason this little snippet was never collected in any of the History Of Middle-Earth volumes.

(Broad hint: if you know enough of Tolkien's invented languages, you may realise — before the truth beats you upside the head with a clue-by-four in the middle of the story — that "lossiel" translates to "white-as-snow". Hilarity ensues.)

A great new set of figures — I'll definitely toss these into my cart as soon as they turn up.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

My credit card is hiding behind the filing cabinet and refusing to come out...

Gorgeous work...can't wait! Now to entice the credit card out...

edited December 1969

Used on a full sized genesis, the faces would be good for Breughel (I hope I've spelled that correctly - FF thinks it should be Brothel, which I know is wrong).

The faces do nicely on their own to create characters of distinct looks as well....so yeah, I could see them being Breughel-esque

Rawn

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited August 2012

Looks great! Count me in! :-) I need some dwarf morphs, and I agree that the faces would be interesting to use on humans, too.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

Yeah, how come?!? >:( That's sounding more Snow White than Tolkien!

%-P

You do know that the names of four of Tolkien's dwarves, translated from Norse (google for Voluspa dwarf names; I'm not making this up, you know), translate loosely to Sleepy, Grumpy, Dopey, and Bashful, don't you?

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

ZOMG.

Yep, once again a must-buy. I'm currently getting fantasy-based commissions, so this is coming in riiiiight about perfect time.

edited August 2012

Dwarfology

Now Available!!!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/raw-dwarfology

A staple in all fantasy art, Dwarves are one of our most favorite characters. Mighty warriors, whose size is no hindrance to their strength.
    Mix and match all the morphs in this set to create many variations to fill an entire village. With separate body shapes and face shapes, countless looks are available to you.
    Also comes with 3 proportion presets, to allow you to create whatever size suits your fantasy.

Product Includes:

• Seven custom Male Body Morphs
    • Seven custom Female Body Morphs
    • Seven custom Male Face Morphs
    • Seven custom Female Face Morphs

Dwarfology-pop5.jpg
    500 x 650 - 203K
    Dwarfology-pop3.jpg
    500 x 650 - 190K
    Post edited by RawArt on
    edited December 1969

I should also note that these and the minotaur will not be showing up in the PA sale, as they are too new of releases.

Just so you all know and no one is surprised.

Rawn

edited December 1969

...already? Oh my, now I have to check my finances. :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

In my basket, though I won't have time to check out tonight. Err, last night.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

*Great* character faces. And the body morphs won't go begging either.

Can't provide a demon dwarf, but I was surprised to see a genesis demon over on RDNA just this week. (Nathy, I think.)

But these are coming home first.

edited December 1969

FYI, I just wanna applaud on how well you've done the bodies; both men and women are really pleasing to the eye, and the strong figure you gave to the female dwarf rocks my world. I showed it to some of my friends, who are now considering buying the pack specifically because of that strong female build.

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

In my basket too. These are so good. I love the female faces.

edited December 1969

Thanx Guys!
    I am glad you like them :)

Rawn

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

This is awesome. I can make gimlie from lotr yey!

edited August 2012

I feel like they need to be all hairy lol with long scraggly beards :P now that's a good idea for a future expansion lol

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    FYI, I just wanna applaud on how well you've done the bodies; both men and women are really pleasing to the eye, and the strong figure you gave to the female dwarf rocks my world. I showed it to some of my friends, who are now considering buying the pack specifically because of that strong female build.

I totally agree with you skiriki! I I think their bodies are absolutely fantastic. I'm glad you didn't focus on createing them to the 'social ideal' carved perfected slim and tone. Your product shows so much devotion and research into the fantasy race. Great work. I'm so getting this :) and also love the strong female figure!

edited December 1969

Thanx....I am glad it is appreciated.
    I tried to keep the shapes as feminine and still as appealing looking as possible even with the more extreme shapes.
    (it was actually a fun challenge ;) )