A-Deck by Kibaretto onlyMAC files in download. . Downloads now sorted out

SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
edited August 2012 in The Commons

When I purchased A-Deck by Kibaretto, two files showed up in my downloads. 2 identical dpc.zip MAC files. Yes, I downloaded both and peeked inside the zip.

Edited by Moderator
Fix found here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6410/P45/#83289

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,358
    edited December 1969

You'll need to open a support ticket so they can get it fixed. I will also flag it up so maybe they'll see it sooner.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Spit said:
    When I purchased A-Deck by Kibaretto, two files showed up in my downloads. 2 identical dpc.zip MAC files. Yes, I downloaded both and peeked inside the zip.

The 'New' tab at the shop throws a maintainance-page at me, but I went to the front-page of the shop, and got Kibarreto's A-Deck. Can confirm it gives two Mac-files, and no Win-files.

I sent feedback to Technical on the DAZ3D Help Center, not sure if I should send to bugs.daz3d.com at Mantis. If so, I'll probably get an ear-full...

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I opened a ticket.

• edited December 1969

Looks great....needs the PC poser installer in files, however.

• JRC1334JRC1334 Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

Can someone from DAZ either refund my money or make the product pc compatible. This is the second time I buy a product from you guys and it is either made just for Daz (even though it says it is compatible for both poser and daz) or it is only for mac as the A-Deck prop is. Very unhappy!

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Damn you serious? I was seriously thinking of buying that, it looked great.

edited December 1969

Well its a good thing you didn't purchase it. This is getting ridiculous!

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507
    edited December 1969

That has to be an error, everything that merchant has made (some of which I have) is compatible with PC and Poser. Hopefully someone at DAZ can get back to you as soon as possible.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Considering Its specifically for Mac and not PC you'd think that that would be made clear on the product.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

You usually get two download items, one for PC and one for Mac. Have you downloaded the wrong one?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

I'd be surprised if it is only for the Mac.
    Are you sure that you don't have the PC files in your downloads as well as the Mac ones.
    Daz have a 30 day refund policy, you need to contact sales and ask for a refund, via the support section.
    Top of the page Help> then submit a help request.

edited December 1969

Exactly! I do not like complaining and I have been a long time costumer with daz and its affiliates but they really need to pay attention to the way they advertise there products because I am losing money here. I am seriously getting worried that when I buy a product here its not going to work due to a mistake made in the ads.

edited December 1969

2nd time this has happened. DAZ please fix it!

edited December 1969

I wish I new this before I bought it. :(

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Have you tried refreshing the download page to see if the PC files show up?

edited December 1969

Yes Scorpio I searched in every file and they are all for mac. I just want Daz to fix it and I dont want to worry about compatibility issues every time I buy a product from here and yes I obviously check for product requirements before I buy it so the fault is coming from there end.

edited December 1969

Yes I have. I have been repeating that process every 5 or 10 minutes or so and I in fact have taken a screen capture in case any shenanigans take place.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

A screen shot would actually be helpful, so we can see what is happening.

edited December 1969

I am merging your 2 threads, as we really don't need multiple threads on this subject.

edited August 2012

well it says I am not authorized to perform this action should I e-mail the screen shot to someone?

Post edited by JRC1334 on
    edited December 1969

oops sorry about the reply above I can post. there is the screen shot

edited December 1969

OK I have taken note of it, and flagged it up. Obviously as it is weekend I can not guarantee that anything can be done till Monday, but there is obviously a problem here, so it will get fixed as soon as we can get hold of someone. They are normally pretty quick at fixing store errors once they are aware of them.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

edited December 1969

Thank you. Gratitude. did you see the screen cap and will Daz upload the pc files to me?

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Here's a really dumb suggestion - not meant to insult your intelligence.

It looks like the standard 4 files (pc, mac, and metadata for each), just all have the same name (happened to me once). Try downloading any two, and look inside. They may be different files, just mislabeled.

I hope that's all it is...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

I have not bought it but pretty sure no cow included either! %-P

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

I have not bought it but pretty sure no cow included either! %-P

WHAT??

No Cow?

But...

They Promised!!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,734
    edited December 1969

Do the files you have actually say they are Mac, or is it just that you get only Zips? If the latter, it may be that the product has cross-platform zip files rather than a zip containing a Mac installer and an Exe Windows installer.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,734
    edited August 2012

Merged two other threads on this issue.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

I did see the screen shot before it disappeared again, and yes the files are all clearly labelled Mac.

• edited December 1969

I have just purchased this as well, wish I had looked in the forum first. The two files both state the are Mac Files, other items I have purchased show both Mac and PC in my downloads. I have downloaded both and unzipped both and they are identical. They have a file called MAC OS but no Windows .exe.

This is my 'paid for' purchase here in months and I am sorry to say it could be a long while before I buy again.