• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited August 2012

OK a few more
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0JiPljrB6I Stephanie 5 Lycan hunter
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39FEiykXZzM Starfox
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCOS-bDr4II using iClone and Carrara
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO4Vc_6d8U4
    I am feeling very lonely here!
    I know iClone users are using Daz figures but not many seem to venture into this forum, infact the responses indicate few know what iClone even is!
    I love Carrara btw but iClone my second favourite animation software and certainly the quickest render wise!!

deadly.gif
    400 x 400 - 3M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Hi Wendy,

Just looking at the iClone sale and was wondering if there is much difference between pro and standard?

I know that the school have a copy but I'm not sure which version they have...thought it might be useful to be more familiar with it but not sure if I can get away with buying the standard version?

Any thoughts?

Pen

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited August 2012

I wonder why daz hold the iclone sale and don't go for it's own creation of such program "animationtools dazstudio"?

if you would use iclone with studio in both directions, you can only go for the pipeline version $699.00
    with the pro version you have only fbx import and no fbx export back to studio.

i'll wait for animationtools in studio first to see how that evoluates

Post edited by Fixme12 on
    edited December 1969

don't bother with standard Pen, it is very limited indeed
    I had standard for my 2 previous versions and there so many basic things I could not do timeline wise particulary.
    the pipeline package price is actually very good if you are in the platinum club, and you do need 3dx5 pro at least as well to get any Daz figures in.

edited August 2012

I had standard for my 2 previous versions and there so many basic things I could not do timeline wise particulary.
    the pipeline package price is actually very good if you are in the platinum club, and you do need 3dx5 pro at least as well to get any Daz figures in.

what 's price for PC members?

and you need 3dXchange pipeline (for fbx import/export)

Clipboard01.jpg
    500 x 204 - 31K
    edited December 1969

So would I need the pipeline package to get Daz figures in or will the pro do it? I can probably convince my husband to get the pro for $130 as I could claim it back on tax as they have the program at school. I doubt that he would go for the pipeline at $500...

thanks for the help.

Pen

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

and if you get the iClone newletter you could get better prices
    come on lets be honest

edited August 2012

Pendraia said:
    So would I need the pipeline package to get Daz figures in or will the pro do it? I can probably convince my husband to get the pro for $130 as I could claim it back on tax as they have the program at school. I doubt that he would go for the pipeline at $500...

thanks for the help.

Pen

to get in you need pro and 3dxchange.

to get animation back into daz true fbx,
    you need pro and 3dxhange pipeline (not the pro, as it's only fbx import)

edited December 1969

Thanks fixme12, so I would actually need the pipeline product if I wanted to use it with DS.

Not sure that I want to buy it then...I know they use it at school I was thinking of getting it so I could become more familiar with it and then also use it with my class at school or volunteer to teach it as an elective. I'm not sure which version they have at school...so I'll wait and email someone who can tell me on Monday.

edited August 2012

in the email i received from daz the price of piple is $499
    once clicked on the link the price at the shop is $699

now what 's the right price of the pipeline?
    at the iclone site, it's available for $699

:cheese:

Clipboard03.jpg
    439 x 137 - 16K
    Clipboard02.jpg
    478 x 299 - 35K
    edited August 2012

newsletter price varies and they basicly have better offers for purchasers of previous products but that remember that $500 Daz platinum price included the pipeline version, the mocap plugin AND iC5pro,
    you can just get iC5 & 3DX5pro to get Daz figures in
    but need pipeline to re-export BVH if you have the kinect
    I will try to find a newsletter link but Bigh, I think you will find being logged in as a member changes the price just like platinum club does here, infact you usually have to wait for a special price to be generated for you.

edited August 2012

platinum club member price - guess you are not a member

Post edited by bigh on
    edited August 2012

iC5pro & 3DX5pro - through that was $200 to $220 at the iClone site if you got the newletter

Post edited by bigh on
    edited December 1969

yes but pipeline was $300 extra!!! then there is the mocap pugin, will need to dig out my laptop and use my Windows mail client to see the newsletters,
    might take a while, I have not used it for about a month, will have 1000's of messages!
    (I read and delete them on Android)
    yes if you just want 3DX5 & iC5pro there are other deals

edited December 1969

ok skull
    catch you later
    time for zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

edited December 1969

yes but pipeline was $300 extra!!! then there is the mocap pugin, will need to dig out my laptop and use my Windows mail client to see the newsletters,
    might take a while, I have not used it for about a month, will have 1000's of messages!
    (I read and delete them on Android)
    yes if you just want 3DX5 & iC5pro there are other deals

Does the 3DX4 work with iC5pro? That seems to be the only one DAZ have for sale....

edited August 2012

no, 3dx4 will import fbx files as props with animation or non-human with manually keyfamed movement using motion editor only but not retarget Daz figures or export anything also lots of incompatibility issues with iC5 esp iC5 avatars and prop import, really only works with iC4
    Checked newsletters, all mine were limited time offers based on what I had purchased etc, unless Bigh can provide a link,
    you really need iC5pro and iC3Dx5pro minimum to work with Daz figures
    http://www.reallusion.com/store/purchase_ic.aspx

edited December 1969

Thanks for the info and the link Wendy!

edited December 1969

ok, logged out of Reallusion, 3Dx5 pro is $139.97 iC5 pro is also $139.97 but buying one may get you a better deal on the other, it usually does
    pipeline is $349 (was 500) so the Daz deal basically gets you the mocap plugin ( $139.95) thrown in free plus you need to buy a kinect.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,787
    edited December 1969

And you need Kinect for Windows, if you wish to use it comercially in iClone 5 Pro.
    http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/iclone_mocap_features.aspx
    I have only Kinect for Xbox, so I can use OpenNI version of drivers for commercial usage.
    Open NI version does not support head, hands and feet movement.

• OldNickOldNick Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ok, logged out of Reallusion, 3Dx5 pro is $139.97 iC5 pro is also $139.97 but buying one may get you a better deal on the other, it usually does
    pipeline is $349 (was 500) so the Daz deal basically gets you the mocap plugin ( $139.95) thrown in free plus you need to buy a kinect.

Pipeline $349? I looked just last night and it was $499 for PC Members.

edited December 1969

OldNick said:

Pipeline $349? I looked just last night and it was $499 for PC Members.that's from the iClone site I think....

edited December 1969

As usual I am getting confused. Different prices different names, fluffy descriptions. :(

I have found iClone 5 Animation suite at $359, normally RRP $599. So. Different name, different RRP (s0 far I have only seen Plpeline at $499 for Plat Club members, claimed RRP $899), , but it looks to contain the same stuff as Pipeline.

Is this the same product?

edited December 1969

is that JUST for the Pipeline program or set of software though?
    as I said, you need 3DXchange5 pro AND iClone 5pro at the absolute minimum to use it with Daz figures.
    3dxchange pipeline is an advanced version of 3dxchane 5 pro which does fbx and bvh export which you need to get motions out of iClone.
    likewise you need the mocap plugin AND a kinect to do mocap
    thr pipeline BUNDLE is $500 for Platinum club members which is the 3 programs needed for mocap export.
    iClone 5 pro
    iClone 3Dxchange 5 pipeline
    mocap plugin with Gorf's world
    you cannot do anything with the last two alone, they are addons for the first, iClone 5 pro
    so you cannot compare apples with oranges, I quoted the Reallusion prices for each, they have some extra bundles with content but you STILL need iClone 5 pro as the starter program.

edited December 1969

I am sorry if it is sounding "fluffy" due to the simillar names
    you need to look at the comparison charts for each and study it carefully to see exactly what you get

also
    it depends just what you want it for
    if it is JUST mocap to use in Daz studio, you are better off getting ipisoft or one of Truebone's variations.
    or consider Brekel which is free.

iClone itself is a really easy to use moviemaking software with included figures and content such as props and motions designed for animation, not 3D art, so lowpoly game engine styled to emulate Machinima which is movies made using game mods.
    many people made movies using Sims3 and other games, iClone is a specific animation program based on that concept.
    others include Moviestorm,.The Movies, Xtranormal etc

it has realtime GPU (graphics card based rendering)
    so is much faster than a 3D art program if somewhat limited in what you can render but as I said, aimed at animation, not Art.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the replies.

Its a bit fluffy, both beccuse so many offers are made, but, I hate to say a bit like Daz's the site is all over the place..some referecnes say one sthing, others say different stuff, and Daz's description is different again.... However.

For $359 (Summer sale price) on the reallusion site you get "Pipeline Animation Suite".
    iClone Mocap Animation Suite
    iClone5 PRO
    3DXchange5 PRO
    Mocap Device Plug-in
    Free Bonus:
    iClone5 Training DVD
    3DXchange5 Resource Pack
    Gorf’s Wonderland Pack

Fore $699 (iI think a special but not summer sale) on Reallusion's site you get iClone Pipeline
    This is what is at Daz for $499.

Part of my confusion is that somebody said that Pipeline was available for $349. THAT is the one I certainly cannot find.

D'OH I found a site that compared apples with the above apples but I can't find it now.

AH!

This bundle includes:
    iClone5 PRO
    3DXchange5 Pipeline
    Mocap Device Plug-in
    Free Bonus:
    iClone5 Training DVD
    iClone5 G5 Outfits
    Character Designer's Resource Pack
    Gorf's Wonderland Combo Pack
    List: $899.85 Now $699.00

edited December 1969

yes confusing but you have to look at the different versions of the induvidual programs too
    iClone 5 standard (very limited) iClone 5 pro (needed for most things requiring outside content)
    iC3dx5 ok to get static and animated props into iClone 5, not characters that use imotions
    iC3dx5 pro gets static and animated props in can retarget other figures bones to use iMotions
    iC3dx5 pipeline gets static and animated props in can retarget other figures bones to use imotions can export animated rigged figures and motions from iClone to other software,
    none sofar add facial movement to Daz figures
    but this is promised as a future addon, will be limited I believe though, no morphing

edited December 1969

That's wonderful thanks Wendy (hope I can call you that?). I had not even noticed the different 3Dxchange versions!

Sorry, but it was you who said that "Pipeline is $349, was $500". I am assuming that is just the Pipeline programme. Reading your post in the light of my new understanding I think I see that you are saying that buying the bundle at the PC Club price of $500 basically gets you a "free" MoCap software (implication that if you pay $349 for Pipeline, then you still have to get 3dxchange pipeline and mocap)....but mocap is not much use without the Kinect for Windows (???)