It's time again

ManStanManStan Posts: 0
edited August 2012 in Carrara Discussion

For me to go on hiatus.

Over a year I have been fighting with this. I used to love it, looked forward to firing up carrara and making something nice. But for over a year now it has just been one frustrating disaster after another. This wont install, that wont import, this just crashes, that does nothing, I am just feed up with all of it. It stopped being fun a long time ago and is nothing but frustration and disappointment.

And I'll point a finger squarely at DAZ.

Post edited by ManStan on

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited December 1969

hi Stan, sorry to hear that...
    I'm using Car 8.1 something and no genesis and still having fun.
    Maybe you should dump the latest betas and stick with something that works most of the time.
    There always something to learn, even with theold stuff, even if it's the joy of spening seven hours and eight minutes looking for that texture whose name you can't remember for the life of you :)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

no no say it isn't so - you got to stay dude - who else has my back

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

Aw, man! I am just sad now, but I understand. Don't stay away too long. Wouldn't be the same without you.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited December 1969

I wish I could buy you a new computer (I need to buy a lottery ticket again one day)
    I had huge issues on my laptop, hardly any on my desktop
    mostly just going back a build fixes any problems now.
    it must be your computer or we would all be having problems, I had problems esp in Carrara for a short time with an external drive I now no longer use so it could be anything.
    must get dressed and buy that X-lotto ticket %-P always too many people in the queue so I don't bother, last bought one 3 weeks ago and mimimum games at that!

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

Awww, come on Stanley...things won't be this bad forever. You know what they say, "It's always darkest before a storm". Oh, wait, that's not it...something about it's darkest just before the storm is over...heck, I don't know, but cheer up guy, things will get better.

Yeah, I know you and I have never really hit it off, and honestly I feel like I barely even know you. And yeah, I'm sure part of that is because we've had each other on Ignore forever, but still, we need you here. You're kinda like DAZ's arch nemesis. And everyone needs an arch nemesis. What'll they do when you're gone? Who's going to arch-nemesis-ize them? Who's gonna keep them on their toes?

And think of all the fun you're gonna miss. And who are you gonna get all upset at? It's kinda unhealthy to not have a way to let off steam, so consider this as sort of therapeutic.

Anyway, I know you'll never read this, unless you unwittingly click on the "Show/Hide" button to see what it does, like I did. But maybe you'll sense my concern somehow, and reconsider.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited August 2012

Awww, come on Stanley...things won't be this bad forever. You know what they say, "It's always darkest before a storm". Oh, wait, that's not it...something about it's darkest just before the storm is over...heck, I don't know, but cheer up guy, things will get better.

Yeah, I know you and I have never really hit it off, and honestly I feel like I barely even know you. And yeah, I'm sure part of that is because we've had each other on Ignore forever, but still, we need you here. You're kinda like DAZ's arch nemesis. And everyone needs an arch nemesis. What'll they do when you're gone? Who's going to arch-nemesis-ize them? Who's gonna keep them on their toes?

And think of all the fun you're gonna miss. And who are you gonna get all upset at? It's kinda unhealthy to not have a way to let off steam, so consider this as sort of therapeutic.

Anyway, I know you'll never read this, unless you unwittingly click on the "Show/Hide" button to see what it does, like I did. But maybe you'll sense my concern somehow, and reconsider.

or some troll will just quote you!
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

No, Stan, you can't leave me to face this dynamic cloth issue all on my own - please don't go!

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This isn't supposed to be some on going battle to get anything done. Just can't deal with application frustration. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6315/

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I've never really used Studio. I liked it in the beginning (I started at about 1.7). This newer version is just to clunky and not very user friendly for me. It also doesn't seem to be very backwards compatible with itself, plugins break everytime DAZ makes an 'improvement' and so on. I know a lot of folks like it, but it's not worth the effort for me.

Good luck, man.

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited August 2012

Stan, if I could I’d like to share a brief story that might, in some small way, express what many of us are feeling at the thought of you leaving…

When I was a young kid, I used to love watching the Mickey Mouse Club on TV. And I especially loved hearing those famous words at the start of every show that would bring me joy once a week and live forever in my heart: “Mee-ska, Moo-ska, Mouseketeer. Mouse cartoon time now is here”. And yeah, part of it was I had the hots for Annette Funicello, even before I knew what “the hots” were. But that’s not important right now.

What’s important is that when I read the title you placed on this thread, it read “It’s Time Again”. And when I read that, it instantly reminded me of those closing moments of every Mickey Mouse Club show, where all the kids would gather and sadly wave to me, and sing: “Now it’s time to say goodbye to all our company….MIC…KEY…MOUSE”. And that’s when my Mom would tell me it’s time for bed, and I’d sadly shuffle upstairs to bed.

Stan the Man, all of your Mouseketeer friends are standing here and waving to you, with a sad goodbye song on their hearts. And we just hope you’ll be here next week, same Mouse time, same Mouse channel.

And by the way, Stan, I promise I won’t express any surprise if you suddenly show up back in the forum in a couple of days. Last time I did that to someone I got in big trouble. Apparently some people get really offended if they make a big deal about leaving, then return in a couple of days, and someone expresses surprise at seeing them back so soon. But I promise I won’t be surprised, so you have nothing to worry about.

Post edited by JoeMamma2000 on
  • 3dcal3dcal Posts: 178
    edited August 2012

Hey ManStan,

(just pm'd you)

It's good to take a breather sometimes to get a different perspective.

But hope you'll come back after your walkabout. ;)

Post edited by 3dcal on
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Hey Stan

Hate to see you go, but luckily it is not a ban and it isn't forever.

Taking a break isn't all bad.
    Have you ever thought about just downgrading?
    I'm running C7Pro still and I'm always finding new stuff to learn about the software.
    C7Pro has been stable and doing all the things it should (for the most part)

:coolsmile:

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

My ultimate goal in this is to have a model walk down a runway in dynamic clothes with dynamic hair and have a soft body/jiggle. Every time I think I am one step closer I find myself back at the start. Even being a pessimist there is just so much disappointment you can take.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Stan :)

Have you looked at Skamotion's animation files, for V4 M4,.. they're really nice, and have some jiggle using the animated morphs for bounciness.

As for the dynamic clothing, I think that's still being worked on in the beta, so, it's just a matter of time. hold on.

the issue with your Aniblocks (gone missing) (after installing DS) well,.. that's just strange, because quite simply, the DS insaller (or any other program installer) ,, can only install the files in the EXE ""archive" (just like a zip) so,.. it's unlikely that a program installer has deleted any files you've made and saved, or any other "content" you have installed.

It can only install the files it contains, and will only un-install the files it originally installed.

Have you searched your drive/s for those aniblock files ?