2 casual outfits for the Genesis females - Now in store with 50% off today (Commercial)

DogzDogz Posts: 896
edited September 2012 in The Commons

Upate 09/15/2012: the 3 in 1 Skinny Outfit is now instore as of today.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/3-in-1-skinny-outfit

Jersey Dress & expansion has already been out 2 weeks but is on 50% off (PA sale) for today only.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/jersey-dress-outfit
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/jersey-dress-expansion

---------------------------------------------------------------------

2 new Conforming Genesis outfits from me, (and in fact my debut to outfit production)

Jersey Dress Outfit + Texture Expansion.
Jersey Dress, leggings Belt and Boots

Post edited by Dogz on

Comments

• DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited August 2012

3 in 1 Skinny outfit (9 items)
    Skinny Top (Long Sleeve, Short Sleeve & Croptop)
    Skinny Jeans (Calf length, Ankle length and heel length)
    3 Pairs of Shoes (Heels, Pointy Flats & Low Pumps)

Hopefully these will make it in time for the PA sale.

Popup6.jpg
    500 x 650 - 229K
    Popup5.jpg
    500 x 650 - 274K
    Popup2.jpg
    500 x 650 - 232K
    Popup1.jpg
    500 x 650 - 273K
    Post edited by Dogz on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

They both look very nice! Good luck with your debut...

• Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Looks good. I'm liking the different shoe types especially. More shoes for Genesis are always welcome.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Wow, impressive debut!

Really like that jersey dress, there aren't a lot of similar styles about. And three pairs of shoes in the other pack? You clearly know how to put temptation in my way!

edited August 2012

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, the 3 in 1 outfit, its really just 3 varients of the same garments (with different cuts or sleeves), the 3 shoes are essentially the same mesh, But i know that Heels are something people tend either love or hate around here, so i wanted to try to keep both camps happy by offering a flat alternative. I experimented with a morphing heel, but the results didnt look very good.

Im learning as I go, outfits are proving quite tough to model, especially when considering the topology to include the folds and creases - I do need more practice at this, when i look at the quad topology of products by veterans such as Mada, my jaw drops at how astonishingly well it has been done, at the same time my mind boggles on how they must have went about it. Some of the artists here at Daz have some insanely good skills and methods when it comes to clothing topology.
    Prepping some items for the mesh smoothing modifier also required alot of consideration and experimenting before I got it right. Lastly The multiple Breast types for Gensis females are also quite alot of work (custom morph targets and UVs that dont distort too badly)

One other thing thats tricky is I can see no way to add colision detection between two tight fitting overlapping garments - unless one of them no longer collides with Genesis (no good) As best I can tell, DS can only allow 1 target for collision detection. So in the case of clothing that target has to be the base figure.
    Im not a technical expert on mesh colliders, so I would guess that Daz have set this limitation for a very good reason. I can imagine that if something gets tightly sandwiched between 2 coliders the result is perhaps rather messy? :)

So with the Jersey dress outfit, the leggings poke though the skirt on some of the Genesis FBMs- in certain poses, the only solution I could find was to make handful of Adjustment morph dials that can be used to fix the problem.

Post edited by Dogz on
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited August 2012

Dogz said:
    the 3 shoes are essentially the same mesh, But i know that Heels are something people tend either love or hate around here, so i wanted to try to keep both camps happy by offering a flat alternative.

It's much appreciated. I know people like heels, but I sat on a wall in the local high street on a Saturday afternoon earlier this year and watched heel height while I waited for a friend. Something like 80% or 90% of women who passed me over a 15 minute period were in ballet flats, flat sandals, trainers or other flat shoes.

One other thing thats tricky is I can see no way to add colision detection between two tight fitting overlapping garments - unless one of them no longer collides with Genesis (no good) As best I can tell, DS can only allow 1 target for collision detection. So in the case of clothing that target has to be the base figure.
    Im not a technical expert on mesh colliders, so I would guess that Daz have set this limitation for a very good reason. I can imagine that if something gets tightly sandwiched between 2 coliders the result is perhaps rather messy? :)

That's a problem that I've run into with a couple of renders this week, and it is a definite limitation in what's otherwise a great feature. I'd like to see things set up as layers, so that each thing collides with every layer inside of it, i.e. Layer 3 collides with Layer 2, but will also collide with Layer 1 if it happens to intersect with it - which is pretty much what happens in real life. And the layer info is there already: A fits to B which fits to C...

Post edited by DWG on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    Dogz said:
    the 3 shoes are essentially the same mesh, But i know that Heels are something people tend either love or hate around here, so i wanted to try to keep both camps happy by offering a flat alternative.

It's much appreciated. I know people like heels, but I sat on a wall in the local high street on a Saturday afternoon earlier this year and watched heel height while I waited for a friend. Something like 80% or 90% of women who passed me over a 15 minute period were in ballet flats, flat sandals, trainers or other flat shoes.

I do so agree. I get really peeved when I can only find shoes with high or extra high heels. I love the idea of having shoes with variable heel heights. Now my V4 would dearly love some as well, but I guess there is not much chance of that happening.

edited August 2012

chohole said:
    DWG said:
    Dogz said:

I do so agree. I get really peeved when I can only find shoes with high or extra high heels. I love the idea of having shoes with variable heel heights. Now my V4 would dearly love some as well, but I guess there is not much chance of that happening.

Actually making conforming shoes for Gen 4 is not a problem for me, but making full outfits is, I plan to work in two areas for the time being, casual outfits and shoes.
    Im afraid i will only make full outfits for Genesis, because I cant cope with the workload rigging outfits for V4. But when I make a product that is 'Shoes only' I will do my very best to accomadate Gen 4 & Poser as I did for the Ballerina Assembly Kit :-)

Speaking of the Ballerina Assembly kit, I need to Update the Genesis version to improve compatibility with more Genesis Shapes. Either with custom morph targets or mesh smooth modifier - ive not decided which way to go yet.

Post edited by Dogz on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Oh I like it! A lot!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Well I guess I shall just have to wait patiently till you do a pack of shoes then.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Oh these are both nice. I especially like the Jersey Dress outfit. Nice and simple for everyday wear is always appreciated. ;-)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

Huh! Looks rather like the return of the Tunic pack. A pity there's no chance of it taking the textures of the Gen 3 and 4 tunics, but it looks *really* nice.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

i really like the look of that jersey dress with leggings. I'm thinking - after seeing the last image of it - that with the right textures/mats, you could really sci fi it up, so that's got quite a bit of versality in it. :D

As for heels, I find because the majority of the images I do are either fantasy or sci fi, I search for low heeled boots a lot. I rarely, if ever, use high heeled boots or shoes, so low heels (or even a shoe that has a heel/sole morph so you can do either) will be a winner for me everytime. :D

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Speaking as one who is a WEE bit tired of the "Star Hooker", "Goth Hooker, & "D&D Hooker" motif in female clothing on a lot of the 3D sites; having normal, modern casual wear from an independent vendor is awesome.

I really like the fact that Daz has a great compliment of "normal, modern" stuff and this is just icing on the cake for me.

Thanks so much for not going the "other" route and the stuff looks beautiful. it looks like you can really mix and match which I definitely appreciate.

Keep up the good work, sir!

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

Both of these outfits look great ... I tend to buy everyday clothing items and these are just perfect. And since I still use V4 as well as now starting to use genesis having shoes (especially flats) for both is perfect! Great job! :-)

edited December 1969

Update - both products now avliable in store (3 in 1 skinny out fit released today)
    Forgive the shameless bumping - there was no sense in making a new thread.