Star Trek Builders Thread!

Comments

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    Am I the only one who thinks the bridge of the USS Sutherland is very odd for a ship it's size? It's a Nebula class, and the saucer section is the same as the Galaxy class, but the bridge is tiny and very odd.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/bridges/sutherland-bridge.jpg

well the reason why they used this design, is because the set it a redress of the galley from the undiscovered country. it was what was available at the time when they filmed redemption. The only other bridge set would have been the ambassador set that was redressed as the vorcha bridge.

I'm surprised they didn't just redress the Enterprise battle bridge.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    TimG said:
    Am I the only one who thinks the bridge of the USS Sutherland is very odd for a ship it's size? It's a Nebula class, and the saucer section is the same as the Galaxy class, but the bridge is tiny and very odd.

Link doesn't work.

I'd upload it as an attachment, but it's too large for the forum

• AndypAndyp Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    TimG said:

well the reason why they used this design, is because the set it a redress of the galley from the undiscovered country. it was what was available at the time when they filmed redemption. The only other bridge set would have been the ambassador set that was redressed as the vorcha bridge.

I'm surprised they didn't just redress the Enterprise battle bridge.

the original one that they created for the show used parts from the TWOK bridge set, sometime in the second season the redressed that set to become the ambassador bridge.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

2000x2000 is max image size for the forum, but if it is landsacpe format it may not resize right as the forum software at the moment is resizing by height only.

• GeorgehazeGeorgehaze Posts: 151
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    I do have her converted!

Please share with the rest of the class????

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    2000x2000 is max image size for the forum, but if it is landsacpe format it may not resize right as the forum software at the moment is resizing by height only.

thanks! I thought it was 800px square

edited December 1969

set dressing the Intrepid class ready room

ReadyRoom.jpg
    800 x 640 - 243K
  • rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

TimG said:

Wow! Nice Render, is that my ready room?? it looks to good to me that one!! Awesome job!!
  • rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Populating my remake TOS bridge to TNG

Untitled2.jpg
    600 x 559 - 93K
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    TimG said:

Wow! Nice Render, is that my ready room?? it looks to good to me that one!! Awesome job!!

yes sir, it is. I used some shaders to try and change it up from the Voyager look

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 698
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Populating my remake TOS bridge to TNG

That's the sorta bridge I am looking for, that, or a TMP type bridge upped for the TNG era.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 698
    edited December 1969

Also, is there any "New Adventures" version of Picard's 'vest' uniform, like he wore in part one of Unification?

edited December 1969

Also, is there any "New Adventures" version of Picard's 'vest' uniform, like he wore in part one of Unification?

I haven't seen one for New Adventures, but it wouldn't be too hard to make for Valiant.

• mylochkamylochka Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.sharecg.com/v/64333/view/11/Poser/MLaara-Hair

I made this for a Klingon character, but could be appropriate for any alien lady who needs to accomodate forehead ridges or horns. There are fits for both V3 and V4. I've tried to include some basic movement morphs. Not sure if they'll work in DAZ Studio, though. Have had some problems there in the past.

As always, if you're interested in creating an additional texture set for this hair model, please be my guest.

MLaaraAD.jpg
    669 x 669 - 342K
    edited December 1969

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.sharecg.com/v/64335/view/11/Poser/Tarah-Hair-for-V4/V3

This is meant to be an approximations of the puffy/wispy hairstyle worn by an Andorian lady in an episode of ST:ENT. However it may work well for other alien or fairy ladies who need to accomodate high ridged foreheads, horns, or antennae.

TarahAD.jpg
    609 x 669 - 346K
    edited December 1969

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.sharecg.com/v/64336/view/11/Poser/Rose-of-Klinzai-Hair-for-V4/V3

Another hair model for a Klingon lady, or another type of alien female with a high hairline.

RKlinzaiAD.jpg
    669 x 669 - 341K
  • ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Beautiful as always, Mylochka! Thank you!

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

This might interest some D/S users ... animated fireplace in an otherwise still image.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6415/

edited December 1969

redress of RDuda's Voyager conference room as a counselor's office

Counselors_Office_1.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 509K
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited August 2012

Anyone know where I can find a sleeping bag? I know I can use a morphing blanket for when a character is in the bag, but I need one that's rolled up, too.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Anyone know where I can find a sleeping bag? I know I can use a morphing blanket for when a character is in the bag, but I need one that's rolled up, too.

are you a Platinum Club member? I think there is one in a PC set called Traveler's something or other.

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    mdbruffy said:

are you a Platinum Club member? I think there is one in a PC set called Traveler's something or other.

No, I had to let my membership lapse some time ago. Do you have a klink to that set?

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

TimG said:

A few more toys than I needed, but that'll work. Thanks!

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    ... edit ...

If any one needs the ST II bridge just let me know, I made it a while back and just had people PM me an e-mail to send them out, just do the same if you want one.

Thank you Richard.

Got it loaded in D/S3, have yet to do all the normal tweaking etc ... tested a few shaders on it ... has great possibilities. Think this will be BB's station ;-)

BBsStation.jpg
    600 x 580 - 37K
  • crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

just in case no one watching news neil armsrtong has passed away at 82 a real legend will be missed

edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    just in case no one watching news neil armsrtong has passed away at 82 a real legend will be missed

Saw it on my MSN page. Talk about the end of an Era...

edited December 1969

another view of the Counselor's office

Counselors_Office_2.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 537K
    edited December 1969

Where do I go to find A link to Customer Service? I've downloaded the Traveler prop pack twice- and both times I've been told it was not a valid archive.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Help>Contact Us>Submit a report

This discussion has been closed.