3DU toon cow exported as a cr2

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,811
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

as Sockratease pointed out, the 3D universe toon cow is Daz studio only.
so
I thought I would try exporting it from DS4.5 as a cr2
but funny stuff happens with the joints, while they do have some restraints unlike the Poser 9 made figures in Carrara they are deformed none the less when you try posing (like a cow and bull with arthritis)
I am rendering something now or I would try a .duf file but also wondering how else one could get it into Poser7 (which I use) as a character as that would prob be more Carrara friendly too.
people rig stuff in studio and make it Poser compatible all the time, is there another way other than exporting as a cr2?
and gotta ask WHY did 3DU not do a Poser version in the first place?
(and yes I bought it knowing this, it exports fine via fbx to iClone retargeted to use horse and cat/dog iMotions where I actually wanted it but as I like using Carrara, just thought I would see if it could be used there too)

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,811
    edited December 1969

update
    a .duf just crashes Carrara
    the cr2 is even crappier in Poser7

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The cr2 certainly won't work in P7, as it'll be P9 weight-mapping.

Do P9 items normally work in Carrara? Or does it fall back to conventional rigging?

edited December 1969

no, they don't but could I suspect if a weight map were provided,

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Moo?

edited September 2012

Moo?

yes sorry Sockratease, this is one bovine you will not be using in Cowrrara!
    I might yet, via iClone 3Dxchange pipeline with iMotions.

edit, yes, that worked!

cow.gif
    400 x 400 - 994K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • teknostormteknostorm Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

Hi Wendy I just bought toon cow for an animation I am doing but it won't open in carrara. How did you manage to get it into carrara? Even if I manage to get it in stationary I can make do.

edited December 1969

I did a pre-animated FBX export from iClone 3Dxchange 5 pipeline I am afraid.
    Not a workflow available to most.
    If you have iClone and the 3dx5 pipeline version it is possible to even just go straight from DAZ studio with an animation without retargetting, I did however and used iClone animations edited in iclone 5 motion editor to suit the cow.
    Those with iClone 6 can still do most of this in 3DX5 without exporting to iClone which with 6 is not advisable as it will not open in 3dx5 if edited iniC6.

edited December 1969

Ok now that sounds complicated! I will try and follow what you did, otherwise I might have to render the cow sequence in Daz. Not sure how two different render engines will look in one video.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited December 1969

If you don't need detailed or complex movement, can you export it from Studio as an obj then do a simple rig in Carrara using Carrara's bones?

edited December 1969

I managed to get it open Carrara after all, all controllers intact! The toon cow was present in two folders, one 'My library runtime' and another in 'my library'. The first one wont open, the other one opens just fine with all controllers and morphs!

Thanks for the suggestions though!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ooh thats what i wanna play with tnite, toon cow!