Aquatic Genesis NOW IN THE STORE! [Commercial]

Comments

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,897
    edited December 1969

Here's a render of the props I've included in my set - cavitation bubble trails for Aquatic Genesis!

Now you can add air bubbles or cavitation bubbles (those are the bubbles created by pressure differences caused by something moving fast through the water.) There are conforming bubble trails for the crest fin, the right and left hand fins, the right and left foot fins, and the right and left mouth.

Also I've included a static bubble trail prop and an articulated bubble trail prop for those occasions when you want to add extra bubbles to wherever. The non-conforming bubble trails aren't pictured here. (Sorry, still working on the render.)

In addition There are four separate material zones for all the bubble trails to tailor to your needs, as well as four different mat poses to go the range from deep water bubbles to those found at the surface.

Pose_Promo_9_082112.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 991K
  • JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

that's awesome

• beregarberegar Posts: 268
    edited August 2012

Dang. Late to the party but if you ever expand this product please consider making folding webbed underarm "wings". You know. Like the mirefolk stalker has in this image.

Would be cool to have lionfish style back fins as well. Like the merfolk in this image.

Post edited by beregar on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

FeralFey said:
    . . . cavitation bubble trails for Aquatic Genesis! . . .
    Ooooo, snazzy!

. . . the individual spines on the head-crest and ears are individually poseable. There are also ERC controls to move then forward and back. On the crest, there are also ERC controls to "sweep" the crest from side to side and to ripple it. On the ears, there's a control to move the spines out or in . . .
    Impressive!

Skiriki said:
    This product is awesome as it is. I was just thinking what about a nice back fin?

The back fin problem was mentioned like a page ago or so, right now not happening . . .

Disappointing but understandable. I hope with the success of this product you'll consider an expansion pack with a backfin -- one with the same options as that headcrest would be awesome! Also, I wanted to mention how impressed I am with the hands, especially the way the thumbs aren't webbed to preserve grasping (there's gotta be a trident around here somewhere . . . ). How well do these grasp? With those elegant fingers I wouldn't think the standard hand poses would always work with them, are there going to be specialty poses included with this? (Sorry if that's been answered, didn't spot it.)

. . . you'll always be "BethQQQ" to me. I always wondered what the "QQQ" stood for, but was afraid to ask . . .
    Quirk, my grandmother's maiden name, and one that suits me (too well!) -- when I first set up my AOL account (in 90-something :ohh: ) BethQ was taken.
  • blondie9999blondie9999 Posts: 771
    edited December 1969

Quirk? Now, that's a great surname! Mine should have been "Weirdo" or something...

Regarding additions and such-- not very likely. DAZ is convinced that this will be a "niche" item-- you know, one of those things that's "cool" but doesn't sell well. If that turns out to be the case, then making any add-ons or expansions for it would be a waste of time-- especially given that the product already took far, far more time than I ever imagined it would... like, about five times as much. Also, I'm so sick of working on it that the thought of doing anything further with it gives me the fan-tods.

Regarding the hands-- they're intended to function more as "fins" than as "hands," and although they have a fair amount of dexterity, there are a lot of things they're not really designed to do, such as form a closed fist. Also, I found that weight-mapping has some limitations and peculiarities that cause the webbing to get weird if all the fingers are bent past a certain point.

edited December 1969

Aquatic Genesis is now in the store!

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,897
    edited December 1969

As is the Deep Ones - poses for Aquatic Genesis, complete with cavitation (air) bubble trails.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

And they both are in my basket!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Swam right into the cart dragging the pose pack with it. The pose pack is amazing, it's just not poses, so so much more. WOW! Question about the ears... are they scalable? Like is there a way to make the spines and webbing smaller? Just curious. Also, I'm sure this has been addressed but really would love to know.... if none of the Geo Grafted items are on the body, is the texture still good on the fingers, toes, ears and top of the Genesis figure??

edited December 1969

FeralFey said:
    As is the Deep Ones - poses for Aquatic Genesis, complete with cavitation (air) bubble trails.

Btw, I foresee some interesting uses for these.

Since I do have a hot tub and swimming pool in my rendering arsenal.

Hurr hurr hurr arsenal hurrr. ;)

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited September 2012

@RAMWolff It should be. Look at m5 gens for example. Its also Geografted. If you dont load it M5 still has his full texture. Also on the Mountain troll if you don't load the Geografted horns the texture is fine on the figure. However if you load the geografted bits on another skin set, you are gonna need to re-texture the Geografted UV at the base so it blends. I discovered this with tauren2 horns.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited September 2012

RAMWolff said:
    Swam right into the cart dragging the pose pack with it. The pose pack is amazing, it's just not poses, so so much more. WOW! Question about the ears... are they scalable? Like is there a way to make the spines and webbing smaller? Just curious.
    You could try fiddling with the scaling, but I doubt that it works very well. I tried it on the hands, and the results were not good at all.

Also, I'm sure this has been addressed but really would love to know.... if none of the Geo Grafted items are on the body, is the texture still good on the fingers, toes, ears and top of the Genesis figure??

No. I didn't texture the portions of Genesis's maps that are hidden by the geo-grafts. In order to get the textures on the grafts to line up properly with the textures on Genesis, I had to texture them all together-- that is, a Genesis figure with the grafts attached and the "hidden" parts of Genesis removed.
    Post edited by blondie9999 on
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Swam right into the cart dragging the pose pack with it. The pose pack is amazing, it's just not poses, so so much more. WOW! Question about the ears... are they scalable? Like is there a way to make the spines and webbing smaller? Just curious.
    You could try fiddling with the scaling, but I doubt that it works very well. I tried it on the hands, and the results were not good at all.

Also, I'm sure this has been addressed but really would love to know.... if none of the Geo Grafted items are on the body, is the texture still good on the fingers, toes, ears and top of the Genesis figure??

No. I didn't texture the portions of Genesis's maps that are hidden by the geo-grafts. In order to get the textures on the grafts to line up properly with the textures on Genesis, I had to texture them all together-- that is, a Genesis figure with the grafts attached and the "hidden" parts of Genesis removed.

:( That is a bummer, but not enought to prevent me from buying it:) Can you post a pic of the texture without grafts so we can see what it looks like?

• edited December 1969

Note: Most oceanic mammals do not have visible external genitals, and thus no genital textures are included.

Aquaman begs to differ! Deep toast!
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

Note: Most oceanic mammals do not have visible external genitals, and thus no genital textures are included.

Aquaman begs to differ! Deep toast!
    Sorry to drag this off-topic, but hey, T&B! Haven't seen you around much! :)

On-topic, this looks really cool. One of those rare moments where I wish I could use Genesis. :)

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    :( That is a bummer, but not enought to prevent me from buying it:) Can you post a pic of the texture without grafts so we can see what it looks like?

You would just get the "background" color on the untextured areas (dark grey for the "silver-blue" texture, dark greenish-brown for the "green speckle" texture), with no displacement or specular mapping.
    edited September 2012

So for example there will be an un-textured patch on the texture map that I can clone stamp and cover up?

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    So for example there will be an un-textured patch on the texture map that I can clone stamp and cover up?

Yeah, you could probably do that... although if you're working in a 2-D paint program, there's a lot of distortion on the maps, with the way the templates are mapped. If you have a program that allows you to paint in 3-D right on the model, and do texture cloning, it would probably come out pretty good.
    edited December 1969

Cool:)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

What program do you use for your projection painting hon?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited December 1969

Those alien morphs are seriously cool with this figure. What package to they come with? Is it one of the ones here?

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Those alien morphs are seriously cool with this figure. What package to they come with? Is it one of the ones here?

Yeah, one of the Genesis creature morphs; I recommend to get the bundle, 'cause then you'll get bodily goodness too.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited December 1969

Great. I grabbed them when they came out, but haven't had call to build any monsters of my own, so far. Thanks!

edited December 1969

I Genx'd Joequicks m4 alien force. Those faces are truly unique. combine them with creature morphs and you're in heaven.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Bought. I put a picture in the PA sale thread. I'd put it here as well, but I don't want to spam it. :)

• edited December 1969

The webbed feet and hands are awesome. Are they separate morphs? It looks like a full body morph that works well with the creature morphs.

edited December 1969

fivecat said:
    The webbed feet and hands are awesome. Are they separate morphs? It looks like a full body morph that works well with the creature morphs.

They are not morphs at all; they are geo-grafts.
    edited September 2012

Um, hey, blondie9999... could you... could you perhaps write a manual for "how to do geo-grafting", like that manual you did for rigging? About all the snags and problems you might encounter and so on..?

*waves a wad of cash*

I could... pay.

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Um, hey, blondie9999... could you... could you perhaps write a manual for "how to do geo-grafting", like that manual you did for rigging? About all the snags and problems you might encounter and so on..?

*waves a wad of cash*

I could... pay.

Ha-- how VERY funny you should mention that... because I've started a manual on advanced rigging, and since geografting was one of the things I wanted to cover, I learned geografting for that purpose-- and this Aquatic Genesis was the result. Alas, it turned into the project from hell, and took far, far longer than I ever imagined it would... but now that it's out of the way, I can resume work on my rigging manual.

So, hang onto that-there wad of cash...

edited December 1969

Ha-- how VERY funny you should mention that... because I've started a manual on advanced rigging, and since geografting was one of the things I wanted to cover, I learned geografting for that purpose-- and this Aquatic Genesis was the result. Alas, it turned into the project from hell, and took far, far longer than I ever imagined it would... but now that it's out of the way, I can resume work on my rigging manual.

So, hang onto that-there wad of cash...

SQUEE!