Cromer Pier - Re-Issued

1234568»

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited August 2012

skipper25 said:
    It sounds like the sort of render that you start before going away for the weekend! Does it do volumetric water, too? I've got Bryce right here - I must dust it off when I get tired of building.

Water by it's very nature is volumetric, it's just a transparent volume of material. :-)
    But in Bryce you can do underwater scenes and have the water clouded or murky using volumetrics yes.

As for render times - Yes, if you want a quick render, Bryce isn't your best friend... but its level of lighting control and end result makes it worth it most of the time.

Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited December 1969

Alternative view of Cromer Pier. :-)

Underwater.jpg
    500 x 300 - 123K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It's a great render, but I am not certain if it is very realistic, whre are all the empty bottles, crisp packets, chip wrappings, empty cig boxes et al that should be molldering on the sea floor. :coolgrin:

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

And the sunken U-boat!

SAVAGE, terrific image!

• skipper25skipper25 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That's really, really funny, Dave! Love it to PEECES!!! There's a lot of thought and work gone into that. Absolutely great!

• edited December 1969

I finally got time to play with the "new" pier. I replaced everything with the newer version and rendered it again. The only thing that needed tweaking was the transparency of the windows. They load with 0% transparency so you need to go to the material room and make them 90% or so. I love the details that show up now. Thanks again for all the hard work.

Time_Out_At_Cromer_Pier.jpg
    1188 x 700 - 460K
    edited December 1969

You are very welcome. Have fun.

edited December 1969

Well thank God this thread is still going! For a few days there I thought everybody was going to wander off to see the Bridal Suite rebuilt and forget all about the fun times we had on good old Cromer Pier.

Spent the weekend there taking snapshots.

(Skipper, in the crowd scene I still hadn't rejigged the deck tiling according to your instructions. What a difference it makes, though!)

CromerFishing.jpg
    1200 x 755 - 163K
    CromerPeopled.png
    1424 x 927 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Lol, that shark fishing one is most excellent!. :cheese:

edited August 2012

Two wonderful pictures, Dorseyland. They are among the very best renders of models of mine that I have seen, making all the effort worth while. Thank you very much.
    May you go on to produce many more.

I am glad that you tried the tiling of the decking as suggested and glad too that you have played with your own touches such as notices, window display, background and so on. This is exactly what I meant about running with the ball. I agree with Dave - the shark is really excellent (that would give him a surprise) - and I particularly love the two old biddies watching and gossipping.

Thanks again to you, Teri, Dave and others for letting us see your work and for giving me in particular so much delight.

Post edited by skipper25 on
    edited December 1969

Thank YOU (again), Skipper, but no one is going to forget that YOU are the master craftsman who builds these terrific toys and we're just the kids who get to play with them.

I have a million other ideas for the pier. Did I already mention that earlier?

edited December 1969

Aw, shucks. :red:

Yes, you did say that you had ideas. Go right ahead - we're all waiting with keen anticipation. This thread will remain open just as long as you want it.