Top 5 Things I Miss

LmWolfSpiritLmWolfSpirit Posts: 239
edited December 1969 in The Commons

While I am sure DAZ is working hard on improving the site, I thought a list of some of the top things that are missing that I found essential at the old site might prove helpful. These are not in any particular order.

1. End dates of sales on the product pages. This was a huge help in planning purchases.

2. The filter on the Wishlist page that let me see just the items that were on sale.

3. The purchased item list loading by purchase date. I keep my purchases in an Excel worksheet and used to be able to just copy and paste a whole order in at once. Now I have to piece it together bit by bit. I shudder to think what is going to happen when I have a huge order.

4. Being able to filter out the Mac downloads (maybe vice versa for others). With large orders, it really makes it difficult to see what still needs to be DL'd. Ditto for #5.

5. The blue color that showed that something had been downloaded on the Download page.

Otherwise, I think overall the site is looking pretty good, and I have not had any problems with any orders (knock on wood).

Comments

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

I miss the warning when I was about to buy an item that I already owned.
    VERY useful and I miss it.
    Always helpful when I have big purchases.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

I'm still getting that warning.

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

You are Sickle? I'm not since the new site went live. Interesting...

• TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

I don't get those warnings either. It means checking through my Order History to see if it's there or not, which is harder now because it's been divided into multiple pages and searches don't work like they use to (I'm talking like Windows or Firefox page or text searches).

I really miss the links to a product's accessories, textures, add-ons, etc. or vice versa for an accessories 'required product' links.
    They were very helpful.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

If you're running Windows, this may help out:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

• HaslorHaslor Posts: 402
    edited December 1969

Timmoth said:
    I don't get those warnings either. It means checking through my Order History to see if it's there or not, which is harder now because it's been divided into multiple pages and searches don't work like they use to (I'm talking like Windows or Firefox page or text searches).

I really miss the links to a product's accessories, textures, add-ons, etc. or vice versa for an accessories 'required product' links.
    They were very helpful.

That is why I keep my purchased products in excel, so I can quickly search for an item.

Also Window or Mac, When I Drop something in my cart I have already prechased, I don't get a warning.
    Image below is my proof. If this works for you SickleYield, then I have to think someone didn't set that for all levels of access.

Haslor

Drop.PNG
    595 x 389 - 287K
  • Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Dunno if I can put a number on what I miss. (Order wise.)
    I might be able to put a number on what I WOULDN'T miss, though. ;-P

Still, the dedication and hard work by everyone to improve the blast effects is greatly appreciated.

Post edited by Cyn Art on
  • EwokzombieEwokzombie Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

While I am sure DAZ is working hard on improving the site, I thought a list of some of the top things that are missing that I found essential at the old site might prove helpful. These are not in any particular order.

1. End dates of sales on the product pages. This was a huge help in planning purchases.

2. The filter on the Wishlist page that let me see just the items that were on sale.

3. The purchased item list loading by purchase date. I keep my purchases in an Excel worksheet and used to be able to just copy and paste a whole order in at once. Now I have to piece it together bit by bit. I shudder to think what is going to happen when I have a huge order.

4. Being able to filter out the Mac downloads (maybe vice versa for others). With large orders, it really makes it difficult to see what still needs to be DL'd. Ditto for #5.

5. The blue color that showed that something had been downloaded on the Download page.

Otherwise, I think overall the site is looking pretty good, and I have not had any problems with any orders (knock on wood).

Totally agree on this list especially on 3, 4 and 5.

Although I’m more in the camp that they just don’t seem to give a crap on fixing things like these. These option for your order history and turning off PC or Mac installers should have been a feature here day 1, not shuffled under the carpet and forgotten about.

If you order a few things or heaven forbid do a reset on a single page of things from your order history, it takes way to long to install them when you get a an unorganized mess of a list with Mac installers tossed in them in no particular order. Without that blue highlight color that lets you know you have that one installed now gone as well, things get even worse.

• LmWolfSpiritLmWolfSpirit Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    I miss the warning when I was about to buy an item that I already owned.
    VERY useful and I miss it.
    Always helpful when I have big purchases.

I haven't added anything to the cart that I previously purchased for quite awhile now (mostly because I check potential purchases against the Excel sheet I created for them); however, I know in the past, when I have used a different computer or made changes on my main computer that the notice would not show up either. I think it has also happened when I have cleared the cache.

It is very helpful when it is working though.

edited December 1969

[

Totally agree on this list especially on 3, 4 and 5.

Although I’m more in the camp that they just don’t seem to give a crap on fixing things like these. These option for your order history and turning off PC or Mac installers should have been a feature here day 1, not shuffled under the carpet and forgotten about.

If you order a few things or heaven forbid do a reset on a single page of things from your order history, it takes way to long to install them when you get a an unorganized mess of a list with Mac installers tossed in them in no particular order. Without that blue highlight color that lets you know you have that one installed now gone as well, things get even worse.

Ever the optimist, I was hoping someone from DAZ would pop in and say that they are working on fixes for these things. I haven't seen them listed anywhere in the stuff that they say they are working on. There is a possibility that I may have missed them, but I don't think so.

If they do think that these can be "shuffled under the carpet and forgotten about," they may need to understand that it is "little" things like this that will make shopping at Rendo an easier choice for some.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It has been explained, several times, that Daz3D is in the process of changing from installers to zip files. Once the entire catalogue is converted there will be no need for a filter to show only PC or only Mac files, because there will be just one generic file which will work with both platforms.

So instead of wating time progarmming a short lived filter they are using the time to do other things which are needed.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    It has been explained, several times, that Daz3D is in the process of changing from installers to zip files. Once the entire catalogue is converted there will be no need for a filter to show only PC or only Mac files, because there will be just one generic file which will work with both platforms.

So instead of wating time progarmming a short lived filter they are using the time to do other things which are needed.

I don't spend much time in the forums anymore (not like 5 years ago when I really was a new member) so did not know that DAZ will be switching to zips (which is particularly good news). So that is ONE item off my list that is being addressed.

edited December 1969

LOL, I have learned not to check the amounts I have spent at DAZ and Rendo or other sites for that matter. I could be driving something a lot better than a 1988 Chevy. = )

Rendo keeps a product for 180 days from the date of the last sale. Then if the vendor has not opted out, the product goes to clearance for an additional 90 days.

I have never submitted anything to DAZ as at this time most of my products are for Photoshop or texture sets for Rendo products. However, I did write to them once about submitting products and never received a reply back.

Good luck with your submissions!

• TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

My mind.:roll:

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

I just wish they would warn me that I am spending my money! %-P

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

*Head scratch* I must've been confused. I just went and looked at some things I got at the Gen5 sale and I get nothing.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

I do miss one thing. The ability to mark just ONE Forum as READ instead of the whole site. I so miss that.

And The Blue marked as downloaded, I liked that one also.

EDIT: The Item Purchased thing sounds easy to add. But I could be 100% wrong, it depends on the function's the new software has in the command code. It should be as simple as get Items Database Number at Add to cart. Get Users Database number for Itemized Download history, Query IDH database for Item number in cart set flag 0 does not exist or 1 exists. If Flag equals 1 Warn user Item was purchased before. If you do not wish to purchase again please remove item from cart. As said I have zero knowledge of the code used or if the function's exist to do this with.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

How long will that take, 4 months?, 6 months? a year? Considering how many files need to be converted in that catalogue we'll be lucky if it happens by next June if that. It would have been easier to have the option at launch and then switch over to zip files when they are done and ready. At this rate I may never get everything reinstalled due to dying of old age because its taking forever to do them.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I certainly miss the MAC/PC filter on downloads page, it gets confusing when packs have various downloads that fill pages of info.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    I've been getting in-page notifications of stuff I've bought for weeks now. 'Course I had to build the infrastructure to do it myself. Anybody else can use it, if you want to, though.

-- Morgan

wishlist-example.png
    700 x 138 - 70K
    bundle-example.png
    700 x 172 - 102K
  • MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited August 2012

Heck, yeah -- although, in fairness, I should point out that DAZ HAS been slowly adding functionality to the store, so I would expect these items to eventually be implemented.

Post edited by Morpheon on
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    I've been getting in-page notifications of stuff I've bought for weeks now. 'Course I had to build the infrastructure to do it myself. Anybody else can use it, if you want to, though.

-- Morgan

What Browser do you use? I'm not getting squat.
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Jaderail said:

I'm using Chrome, with my own plugin and 3dwishlist.com, a multi-purpose DAZ store tool I built myself, but am happy to let others use.

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Jaderail said:

I'm using Chrome, with my own plugin and 3dwishlist.com, a multi-purpose DAZ store tool I built myself, but am happy to let others use.

-- Morgan
    I'm on Chrome, it must be your custom items that get it working. Right now I'm wanting on a Support Ticket that needs resolved badly. I'll pop back on this topic after I get the help I need. Thank you for the offer.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,248
    edited December 1969

I miss the 'related items' part that gave you hotlinks to texture sets, etc on items.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

How long will that take, 4 months?, 6 months? a year? Considering how many files need to be converted in that catalogue we'll be lucky if it happens by next June if that. It would have been easier to have the option at launch and then switch over to zip files when they are done and ready. At this rate I may never get everything reinstalled due to dying of old age because its taking forever to do them.

Good point! While the "S" word was not mentioned, it is still DAZ and the "S" word is already assumed.

I haven't done any programming in years, but I am thinking that as long as both stores were written in the same code, some of the things I listed should be fairly cut and paste.

I did notice that although an administrator did touch on the zip filter, none of the other features was mentioned. Does this mean that they are on someone's To-Do-List (like the zips which were discussed for years before the new software) and may arrive sometime before interstellar travel or not planned on at all?

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    I miss the 'related items' part that gave you hotlinks to texture sets, etc on items.

Yeah. I would have thought that the links on the right side would lead to related items, but they don't. I am not sure how those are chosen, but a couple of times they have been some very old products (not related to the current selection).

edited December 1969

Here is another one to add to the list that is getting more and more annoying as I post in some threads here.

-Getting notifications of replies to a thread you are "subscribed" to. I get maybe 2 notifications to replies even to a thread I created. Kind of defeats the purpose of "subscribing" (got to love that wording of it now) to watch a thread for replies and comments.

By the way with the "subscribing" to a thread is there a fee to we have to pay to get more than the 2 notifications on replies?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Have you got "smart Notification" enabled in your email subscriptions?

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Have you got "smart Notification" enabled in your email subscriptions?

I have Smart Notification enabled, and I also only get maybe two notices before they stop.