Just installed 4.5 and... [nudity?] [RESOLVED]

IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
edited August 2012 in The Commons

Genesis has gone a bit wonky, on loading up there is now a muscled female in the window instead of the standard genesis figure.

I am using Win 7 x64 with Daz Studio 4.5.0.114 x64.

I un-installed 4.0.3.47 first.

Picture attached, would be grateful for any ideas that don't involve me re-installing my runtime ;)

Cheers everyone.

Post edited by IanTP on

Comments

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

Looks like you saved a character over your default genesis - try zeroing the figure (parameters tab, go to menu, choose "zero figure") and then when it's back to normal genesis looks, re-save it. *however* I haven't started using 4.5 yet so the saving behavior may be different from what I'm used to - so - here is a grain of salt to take my advice with :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

Right-click on the Parameters pane's tab and select Zero>Zero figure morphs.

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Canary3d said:
    Looks like you saved a character over your default genesis - try zeroing the figure (parameters tab, go to menu, choose "zero figure") and then when it's back to normal genesis looks, re-save it. *however* I haven't started using 4.5 yet so the saving behavior may be different from what I'm used to - so - here is a grain of salt to take my advice with :)

I haven't saved anything over the default genesis, it was ok yesterday on 4.0.3.47 so it must be the 4.5 installer that has corrupted something, cheers tho :)

edited December 1969

Right-click on the Parameters pane's tab and select Zero>Zero figure morphs.

Thanks Richard, but that doesn't solve the problem does it, I would have to do that each and every time I run DS4.5, thanks for the input tho :)

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited August 2012

Hi IanzThings :)

Perhaps *You* didn't (or don't recall) saving anything over anything. Perhaps, DS autosaved , or something...but what those who have tried to help explain is that for some reason... your default Genesis figure is saved to open that way and it can be fixed by following the directions given. Just be sure to save it as a scene once you have it reset and then point your Start up screen to the the new file. You can find it by clicking Edit\Preferences in the title bar and then selecting the path to the new file.

help.jpg
    800 x 600 - 279K
    Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • KatherineKatherine Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

Canary3d is correct. This happens when, unintentionally someone saves a character preset etc...and doesn't rename it. Somehow Genesis has been over written in your copy. It isn't the installer. :)

Do the following:
    1. Un-map any content/runtime directories you may have added that don't ship with DS.
    2. Reinstall the Genesis Essentials installer.
    3. Open DS and check to make sure Genesis is back to it's default state
    4. Re-map any content/runtimes directories you need/want.

DS will look in the first mapped directory so by un-mapping the other directories before reinstalling Genesis, you make sure DS is looking in the correct location for the DUF file. :)

Hope this helps.

Kat

edited December 1969

Canary3d is correct. This happens when, unintentionally someone saves a character preset etc...and doesn't rename it. Somehow Genesis has been over written in your copy. It isn't the installer. :)

Do the following:
    1. Un-map any content/runtime directories you may have added that don't ship with DS.

DS will look in the first mapped directory so by un-mapping the other directories before reinstalling Genesis, you make sure DS is looking in the correct location for the DUF file. :)

Hope this helps.

Kat

Thanks everyone.
    @Jasmine - tried that and still get the non default genesis :(
    @Kat, I only have one runtime at D:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library so should I unmap that and re-install, then map it back?

daz_4.5b_.png
    476 x 463 - 21K
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

just tried it, but still getting a preloaded Genesis... no, I never saved over my Genesis either - I think the problem might be corrupted morphs?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

Did either of you use File>Save as>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets?

edited December 1969

Do the following:

Hope this helps.

Kat

Thanks everyone.
    @Jasmine - tried that and still get the non default genesis :(
    @Kat, I only have one runtime at D:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library so should I unmap that and re-install, then map it back?

You should not have to un-map the default directories, no. :) Just reinstall and that should overwrite anything that got messed up for you. One of my interns here in the office had the same issue yesterday. With him, he had to uninstall DS and reinstall both files. The one installer "should" fix it though. As long as no other directories are mapped. Be sure to open DS and make sure before mapping anything if you do choose to map other directories.

Kat

edited December 1969

Not something i've ever used, Richard, sorry.

edited December 1969

OK, I'm making some progress... I've removed three dsf morphs and Genesis now loading as it should.

Subira Gens On
    Head Inj (Subira again)
    Almond Crush

(I think these were All freebie add-ons to other products)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just noticed this in your screen capture. The bottom right morph is loading at Half value when you start DS. I'm very sure you have other morphs that are also loading as SET to ON.

Morphs.jpg
    265 x 323 - 20K
  • niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

I think you might be on to something. I had noticed in 4.0 that the Save Modified Assets placed the files in the main Genesis folder instead of the Author/Product folder. 4.0 didn't seem to care about that most of the time, but it would apply those morphs to the defualt genesis if there were values applied at save though.

Even if you never used the Save Modified Assets, if there are additional files in that folder other than the default files this could be the problem.

Could it be that 4.5 see's those files and thinks it needs to load them with a value applied?

Maybe check the Genesis folder and see if those morph files are listed there instead of in the Author/Product folders. I'm not at my DS comp right now so I don't recall the exact path or which files should be there in the main Genesis folder.

Anyway, it's a thought, I'm not sure if it is the root of the problem though... :)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I just noticed this in your screen capture. The bottom right morph is loading at Half value when you start DS. I'm very sure you have other morphs that are also loading as SET to ON.

Correct - it looks like something you installed (since you didn't save) may have overwritten your Genesis.... The reinstall should fix it....

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Hi Jaderail, it looks that way, but it is actually 0.00 as are the others, that morph seems to have a minus setting too, it has never affected the default genesis before today when I installed 4.5, cheers tho :)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Correct - it looks like something you installed (since you didn't save) may have overwritten your Genesis.... The reinstall should fix it....

Hi Kat, that morph did not affect genesis before today, I have had the default genesis load as it should right up to the install of 4.5 when it has gone 'pear shaped' I have uninstalled and installed the new genesis starter file twice now to no effect, going to re-install 4.5 and see what happens. :)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Hi Kat, that morph did not affect genesis before today, I have had the default genesis load as it should right up to the install of 4.5 when it has gone 'pear shaped' I have uninstalled and installed the new genesis starter file twice now to no effect, going to re-install 4.5 and see what happens. :)

:) Ok....hopefully that will work.

edited December 1969

My problem solved...

I had dsf character files (the three mentioned in earlier post) where the dsf morph sliders reside. This seemed to be "confusing" Genesis every time it was being activated in DS4.5 and was preloading one or more of them into Genesis.

Now that I've moved those character files, Genesis is working perfectly.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

:) Ok....hopefully that will work.

It didn't sadly, looks like i'll be deleting the runtime (only about 17GB), uninstalling and clearing the registry and starting from scratch :(

One thing tho I had the RC3 of 4.5, upgraded to the final release on my macbook pro (snow leopard) and everything is hunky dory (pic attached)

daz_4.5b_.png
    1440 x 874 - 253K
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    OK, I'm making some progress... I've removed three dsf morphs and Genesis now loading as it should.

Subira Gens On
    Head Inj (Subira again)
    Almond Crush

I'll check to see if i have these, (tho they don't ring any bells) before i go the total delete and re-install route. :)

edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:

Subira Gens On
    Head Inj (Subira again)
    Almond Crush

I'll check to see if i have these, (tho they don't ring any bells) before i go the total delete and re-install route. :)

Why don't you start simple. Delete your People>Genesis duf file and in your data folder, delete it from there as well. Make a copy of your data folder, if you want to get more aggressive, and go from there. You do not need to remove ANYthing from the registry. There is nothing in there at all that tells DS which Genesis to load. Mainly just make sure you get rid of your Genesis.duf or genesis.dsf files that are hanging about. :)

Kat

edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:

Subira Gens On
    Head Inj (Subira again)
    Almond Crush

Why don't you start simple. Delete your People>Genesis duf file and in your data folder, delete it from there as well. Make a copy of your data folder, if you want to get more aggressive, and go from there. You do not need to remove ANYthing from the registry. There is nothing in there at all that tells DS which Genesis to load. Mainly just make sure you get rid of your Genesis.duf or genesis.dsf files that are hanging about. :)

Kat

Will try that, Kat, thanks, and then reinstall 4.5 and the genesis starter essentials?

edited December 1969

One thing I have noticed is the the icon for Genesis Starter Essentials has an exclamation mark in it.

daz_4.5c_.png
    381 x 543 - 160K
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:

Subira Gens On
    Head Inj (Subira again)
    Almond Crush

Kat

Will try that, Kat, thanks, and then reinstall 4.5 and the genesis starter essentials?

Yep. :)

The main issue is somewhere in your content is a leftover genesis file not being replaced, or still hanging out. Any other things, like registry etc....aren't going to fix it, so no real need to go that deep. :) It is something simple, just finding where it is can be a pain. LOL

Kat

edited August 2012

One thing I have noticed is the the icon for Genesis Starter Essentials has an exclamation mark in it.

That denotes an orphan file. A file DS is looking for that it can not find. In the Product view (the a-z list of products), go to Genesis, and if you r-click that icon and choose to remove orphan files, that should go away. :)

(In that view you screened, you are on Products and not files. It may just be missing the product image as well - choose File instead (top right corner of the pane) and see if you have any !. If so then what I said applies.)

Kat

Post edited by Katherine on
  • Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited August 2012

Hi,

Your base problem is that you downloaded and installed Warrior Princess for genesis (freebie) and the problem is that the author made it autoloading.
    So everytime you load Genesis it autoloads the morph

To fix the problem you can follow the thread here

It happens when people create morph with the morph dialed

Post edited by Takeo.Kensei on
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Your base problem is that you downloaded and installed Warrior Princess for genesis (freebie) and the problem is that the author made it autoloading.
    So everytime you load Genesis it autoloads the morph

To fix the problem you can follow the thread here

It happens when people create morph with the morph dialed

Thanks so much, part of the problem too was that I have been using the mac recently which didn't have that warrior princess product installed, hence why i thought it was the 4.5 installer when i put it on the PC, weird thing tho, i did uninstall both versions of warrior priestess (genesis and v4) but it obviously left all the files behind. Anyway all sorted now, thanks again. :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hmm... I thought the dial looked odd.

• 3D-GHDesign3D-GHDesign Posts: 677
    edited December 1969

I started to make a pants. Last time I saved and now loaded again. I made some minor changes, like added smoothing modifier and set Iterations and collisions. After when I clicked on save--> modified assets, it told me, didn't find and modification.

So what is this for exactly?