The new Itemized Order History area

124»

Comments

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited May 2012

For what its worth noting, E-On Vue (Vue Esprit etc) has a nice feature in that the apps local content database and object browser has a webservice that querries the Cornucopia3d content store. It then merges not acquired yet content alongside your purchased content so that you can develop scenes using the full pallet of content available. Unpurchased items are flagged and can be filtered out of the object browser. Only when you actually place unprocured content in your scene are you given the prompt to purchase (with price and license info displayed). It would seem to me that the DS4 Content DB manager, certainly the Smart Content could be handled in similar manner, so that they could "Sync" with your DAZ account to stay up to date. At the minimum I see that you can add custom fields and manually create meta data. I would probably consider this rather than maintaining an independent spreadsheet. Thats 3 tables to merge and maintain rather than 2 (DAZ and the Local content DB)

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • helgashelgas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    pinkdaisy said:
    pinkdaisy said:
    Pinkdaisy, have you contacted DAZ 3D by emailing support @ daz3d.com (with the spaces removed)? DAZ 3D support does not read every post in the forums, and the Moderation Team has no access to anyone's account information. You may also want to remove your credit card information now that we have a new store -- as has been noted repeatedly, the old store was falling apart and it took the web team's full time effort to hold it together.

Thank you for letting me know which department Ito contact. Do I have much hope of success? NO. Nevertheless, I will give it a try.

Let us know how this goes for you. Curious.

I have sent you a PM. Unfortunately, the PM is not working correctly either. There is nothing in my "Sent" box. Would it be possible to let me know if you have received my PM and if you received all of it.? It is fairly long.

There's a checkbox you have to check in order to save a copy of your message in the sent box. :-/

Dana

Dana, I have sent you a PM to test it. The check box isn't working. I have sent another 2 PM's to other members using the check box - no go, it is stone dead. This is probably on the low priority list to fix.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570
    edited December 1969

...for those of us with poor connectivity and a long history of purchases, having to deal with the list broken into multiple pages is a real pain in the bum.

In the past, I just did a keyword search using FF's seach function. Since such browser tools only look at the current page displayed, they are almost useless with the new format. This means a lot of wasted time sifting through the list page by page to check for an item. When you have over 1,500 items on your list, it can become a major undertaking (and exercise in frustration) especially if it takes a while for each page to load.

There also needs to be a sort by order date filter. Because of connectivity and timeout issues from home, I usually have to put off downloading until I can get to my local hotspot (usually only on weekends). Hence, the active DL has quite often already expired and I need to have it reset. Having to go through maybe twenty to thirty pages to find the item and then having to do this multiple times, as there is usually more than just a single file involved, is ridiculous.

This is really so not making me look forward to building the runtimes on the new machine since I am waiting for the Zip File option to go live as I am done with the disorganised manner in which the .exe installers place content in the runtime tree.

Had I not invested so much of my time and hard earned money in this pursuit (which is supposed to be a creative outlet and source of relaxation for me) I would quite likely just step back walk away from it all as it seems to becoming more like RL "work" and less like an enjoyable hobby.

I have an axiom at the day job that goes, "don't get in the way of my getting the job done". This also applies to anything I do with what little of my own free time I have when "off the clock".

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited May 2012

What a royal PITA folks. I needed to reset something and luckily my brain was working well to figure out that it's all in alphabetical order so on like page 38 I found the M5 Pro Bundle to reset. This MUST be fixed.... there is no way to tell it to put the last ordered orders first? REALLY?? Like I said half jokingly in another post... READ THE DAMNED MANUALS.. this is not cool! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • tekuntekun Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

tekun said:
    One thing that would be nice, is to have a secondary place to reset your products, like the actual purchase order, since it lists the products you've purchased and now looks like the individual product files.

-jack

You can do that straight from the spreadsheet and never open daz except for purchases and updating your spreadsheet.

You can do keyword searches, too, to make sure previous purchases are not repeated and also keep track of bundled products, so those don't get re-purchased by accident.

Especially now that the site evidently no longer warns us if we've bought something before, or not.

Not exactly what I was referring to... as I do have an offline system for looking that up, what I'm talking about is another place to hit that 'reset' button to allow you to re-download the product. Right now you have to search for where it is in your Order History, which for me defaults with 333 pages at 10 listing per page (yes, I have over 3300 items in my history), this is quite the pain since there is no jump to particular page or searching/filtering/sorting of any sort.

Since I know what order numbers for products I would like to reset, it's much easier to put
    https ://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales/order/view/order_id/id number/
    then hit reset for the product.

Simple as long as you have the all important order number, which was easy to find when you tried to add a previously purchased item into your cart (another thing broken now >.> )

-jack

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,701
    edited December 1969

I have too many items in my itemized order history to find stuff. Unless there is a way to show them all on one page like it used to be.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

pinkdaisy said:

Dana, I have sent you a PM to test it. The check box isn't working. I have sent another 2 PM's to other members using the check box - no go, it is stone dead. This is probably on the low priority list to fix.

It has worked for me, I have one in my sent box right now. That, unfortunately, is the only time I remembered to do this little checkbox trick. However, I never got a PM from you. Did you change your mind, or recall it? Maybe you sent it to the wrong person?

Dana

• helgashelgas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    pinkdaisy said:

It has worked for me, I have one in my sent box right now. That, unfortunately, is the only time I remembered to do this little checkbox trick. However, I never got a PM from you. Did you change your mind, or recall it? Maybe you sent it to the wrong person?

Dana

Hi Dana, I didn't change my mind and I made no mistake. When the PM opened I could see your user name. The PM got lost. Frank... mentioned this problem in one of his posts. I have checked the box now 6 times and still I get a zero next to Sent.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

A good solution - for me at least - would be to add a 'download order history' feature that would allow one to download the order history in useful formats such as xml, comma-(or tab-) separated fields, etc. One could then use standard tools to sort and search the resulting files on the local computer as needed (or do even more 'useful' things like selecting four random lines for Random Runtime Render Roulette).

• DDSG1DDSG1 Posts: 2
    edited May 2012

Sorry but this is very confusing and the forums are very hard to read why can't you guys come up with darker colors especially on white? This is why I dont come here as often. and apparently I lost all my old posts. New member my arse. Yuck. Goodbye forum, you wont see me here much. What was wrong with the old way? I cant make heads or tales out of my order history now and I just bought a bunch of stuff too. Not spending anymore more money bye. Far, far too confusing. Nice way to do business. NOT! Your site gets worse every time you change it.

Post edited by DDSG1 on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

DDSG1 said:
    Sorry but this is very confusing and the forums are very hard to read why can't you guys come up with darker colors especially on white? This is why I dont come here as often. and apparently I lost all my old posts. New member my arse. Yuck. Goodbye forum, you wont see me here much. What was wrong with the old way? I cant make heads or tales out of my order history now and I just bought a bunch of stuff too. Not spending anymore more money bye. Far, far too confusing. Nice way to do business. NOT! Your site gets worse every time you change it.

I feel your pain, but I can help with one thing ... a spreadsheet for managing your IOH. The link can be found in the freepository: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/566/

edited December 1969

I have too many items in my itemized order history to find stuff. Unless there is a way to show them all on one page like it used to be.

Creating the spreadsheet helps with that. It allows me to do a keyword search and even reset a product straight from the spreadsheet. No flipping pages forever and a day.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/566/

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    What a royal PITA folks. I needed to reset something and luckily my brain was working well to figure out that it's all in alphabetical order so on like page 38 I found the M5 Pro Bundle to reset. This MUST be fixed.... there is no way to tell it to put the last ordered orders first? REALLY?? Like I said half jokingly in another post... READ THE DAMNED MANUALS.. this is not cool! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

Even more fun ... an apostrophe is listed before numbers, which are listed before A's ... so 'Full Circle' for Hooded Cloak is not under F, it's before any leers or numbers.

The spreadsheet has been helping a few of us stay sane, though: 'Full Circle' for Hooded Cloak

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

There also needs to be a sort by order date filter. Because of connectivity and timeout issues from home, I usually have to put off downloading until I can get to my local hotspot (usually only on weekends). Hence, the active DL has quite often already expired and I need to have it reset. Having to go through maybe twenty to thirty pages to find the item and then having to do this multiple times, as there is usually more than just a single file involved, is ridiculous.

This is really so not making me look forward to building the runtimes on the new machine since I am waiting for the Zip File option to go live as I am done with the disorganised manner in which the .exe installers place content in the runtime tree.

Make a spreadsheet first, while keeping the reset links active, and save it to a thumbdrive so you can take it with you to the better connection. Then, resent straight from the spreadsheet. Just go down the list as needed, no flipping. :D

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/566/

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Of course a spreadsheet is a way to search for your items, I maintain a spreadsheet for a few years now but it's nothing compared to the item list on the old site. When I want to look up an item I could search my spreadsheet, or my database although I have the bundles split into the individual items in my database, but it was far much fasterto search on site.:coolmad:
    When I couldn't find an item I always could search things on my own computer. It's just about time DAZ does the itemlist right.

I "purchased" the new freebie yesterday... and of course you know how much time it took me to get it into my spreadsheet! :smirk:

To say I'm not happy with all the changes here is a bit of an understatement. I only know I'm not visiting this forum and shop as often and as long as I did.

Just my 2 cents.

Love, Jeanne

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

pinkdaisy said:
    DanaTA said:
    pinkdaisy said:

Dana

Hi Dana, I didn't change my mind and I made no mistake. When the PM opened I could see your user name. The PM got lost. Frank... mentioned this problem in one of his posts. I have checked the box now 6 times and still I get a zero next to Sent.

Checking the sent box is working for me now. I have seen others that are having the problem even while checking the box. Seems to be like a lot of other things. Very sporadic and user based. Very much like receiving ebots from DAZ. I only started getting them this morning. So they are obviously working on things.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Yes, I started getting the ebots last night. A lot of them! They still don't go to the first unread post yet, though.

Dana

edited December 1969

Same complaint here. I got 216 this morning.

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

I guess we're at the back of the class now. Last page

edited December 1969

Yep, but hopefully they get the thread bumping worked out next. Be nice to have all new posts on the first page again.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,730
    edited June 2012

Try this:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

There is an image with instructions included.

There are periods where you can't log on or where it's slow though, since DAZ is working on the site regularly. Otherwise, if your connection is 1 MBit or more, it should download about 2000 items per minute.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

I'm not in the mood to mess with a spreadsheet and 5000 plus items. Alpha list is fine but what happened to purchase date, order number, and sku?

Since we can no longer obtain account history burns, the listings by purchase and order number allowed for easy resetting, downloads and archiving.

I would also like my list of serial codes back. It's a little annoying to go looking for a serial code only to get a blank page.

This color scheme is making me see double. Didn't the DAZ Webteam learn anything from the last time?