Genesis Render Thread

Comments

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

A couple of recent ones by me.

The girl on the deck has no character morphs dialed (body or head). It's just PBM's dialed on the base Genesis figure.

The girl on the beach has some S5 dialed on the body and some Keira dialed on th head. Of course, there are a few othe dials spun. :-) She's also wearing the base S5 skin.

Both were rendered with UE2.

S5.jpg
    1200 x 1800 - 964K
    Rose.jpg
    1200 x 1800 - 1M
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    I render using LuxRender, which has native support for network rendering. So far, my longest running render took about 90 hours (master plus one slave)... (Discovering the Sword in the Stone, which has two volumetrics in it: a homogenous volume for the fog creating the "ray of light" effect on the sword and a clear volume for the water)

King to A5 (NSFW) was another long one, keeping the master plus two slaves (all fast i7 machines) running for a bit over 62 hours. Again, volumetrics were used (all the chess pieces are glass2 clear volumes).

Gorgeous!

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

bigh said:
    45 hours + for a render - you are ...

Heh! I work during the week, so on the weekend, I do a ton of micro renders (300x423) then on Sunday night I start a 1536x2165 render, using full UE2, etc., etc...

I don't really get time to do anything at night (playing with kids, coding, etc.) so it's okay for my computer to be chugging away.

I hadn't expected this one to take quite so long, but once I started getting to the meat of the image I liked it so much I had to let it finish. It's at 82% now, and might be done by the time I get home tonight...

-- Morgan

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

SciMage WarMummy is an example of using Genesis to make old content work in DS4. The mummy costume has all its morphs stored in a .pmd file instead of the CR2, and when you I load it on a V4 figure in DS4P, the moment you move a morph slider, it blows up into millions of explodie bits (the vertices explode in all directions). And I don't own Poser, so I can't load it up and re-save it without the binary .pmd morph file. However, it converts reasonably well when auto-fit to Genesis, where you can then use any morph you want without it exploding.

• edited December 1969

A couple more from me. One a nice buff cowboy with M4 shape mix in Genesis & the next my try at creating Reby Sky with Genesis & V4 shape

Reby_Genesis.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 332K
    cowboy.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 460K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

fireman render in Bryce

fireman2.jpg
    892 x 487 - 31K
    edited December 1969

would you like a good night kiss

would_you_like_a_good_night_kiss.jpg
    800 x 800 - 214K
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    SciMage WarMummy is an example of using Genesis to make old content work in DS4. The mummy costume has all its morphs stored in a .pmd file instead of the CR2, and when you I load it on a V4 figure in DS4P, the moment you move a morph slider, it blows up into millions of explodie bits (the vertices explode in all directions). And I don't own Poser, so I can't load it up and re-save it without the binary .pmd morph file. However, it converts reasonably well when auto-fit to Genesis, where you can then use any morph you want without it exploding.

Nice, I really like the glowing script effect, and that was a neat trick to get it working in Reality.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 1969

Old Man M5

OldGenesis.jpg
    800 x 800 - 189K
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited August 2012

Excellent. Where?

Or was it done with existing morphs?

Post edited by JOdel on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Excellent. Where?

The texture is from http://www.daz3d.com/shop/aged-for-v4-m4

the morphs are the M4 morphs+ imported with GenX.

edited December 1969

a Hunter

a_Hunter.jpg
    800 x 800 - 315K
    edited December 1969

Might Moe vers the Hunter - who will Win

Might_Moe_vers_the_Hunter.jpg
    800 x 800 - 357K
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    bigh said:

My record so far is 10.5 days (and nights). Of course I ended up having to do it in pieces, so that was the total, but one of the trees alone was something like 5 days and nights.

Of course that was using DS3A in 32-bit (since that's all there was for the Mac) Not sure how long it would taske on DS4Pro in 64-bit, but it still wouldn't be quick.

If you really want to seriously kill rendering time, use a bunch of Xfrog trees and plants. The evergreens are especially nasty as Xfrog uses transmaps for all of the needles. Raytracing iterations have to go way up, otherwise you start to get "blocks". I did a render in Dec2011 containing over a dozen Xfrog evergreens, with some overlapping, in a winter setting. I stopped monitoring it after 2 weeks - 64-bit 3Delight Standalone, 8-cores (Dual Xeons 4 Cores ea), 32 Gb RAM (16 Gb per CPU).

Kendall

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Haha! Cool predator!! :) Like the Old man m5 he's very distinguished... What morphs and/or maps did you use? (Assume you used a displacement map)

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    JOdel said:
    Excellent. Where?

The texture is from http://www.daz3d.com/shop/aged-for-v4-m4

the morphs are the M4 morphs+ imported with GenX.

Lol Never mind, You've already answered my question... Damn the fast reply option lol!

edited December 1969

Just a chick... I was working on her recently :P

RainEnt_Port_MarcusfinnigonS.jpg
    800 x 781 - 263K
  • AlexLOAlexLO Posts: 193
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    JOdel said:
    Pendraia said:
    Hi all,

I thought I'd start us off with a couple of recent renders

The first is a render of the beautiful sari released by Mec4D

The second is a render of the new ydress and one of the new toon figures(can't remember the name but it starts with K)

That's a lovely sari. Where did you find it? Or is it a pre-release render?

Hi Joel, Mec4d released the sari at her store just yesterday. I was one of the first twenty to buy it and got a gift certificate for $5. Her store has some great items for genesis including Neanderthal and a terrific toga for genesis. Sorry I don't have a link at work...I will try and post it when I get home. Gotta go the bell just went...ill try and answer the rest tonight.

JOdel, you can buy the Sari from this link http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=77 It is 50% off until the end of the month, so now is a good time to pick it up! Her other new Genesis items are on sale too! I love the sari's construction & material options...she did such a nice job with this, as she does with everything she puts out.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    bigh said:

My record so far is 10.5 days (and nights). Of course I ended up having to do it in pieces, so that was the total, but one of the trees alone was something like 5 days and nights.

Of course that was using DS3A in 32-bit (since that's all there was for the Mac) Not sure how long it would taske on DS4Pro in 64-bit, but it still wouldn't be quick.

If you really want to seriously kill rendering time, use a bunch of Xfrog trees and plants. The evergreens are especially nasty as Xfrog uses transmaps for all of the needles. Raytracing iterations have to go way up, otherwise you start to get "blocks". I did a render in Dec2011 containing over a dozen Xfrog evergreens, with some overlapping, in a winter setting. I stopped monitoring it after 2 weeks - 64-bit 3Delight Standalone, 8-cores (Dual Xeons 4 Cores ea), 32 Gb RAM (16 Gb per CPU).

Kendall

I was using a set of evergreens from RDNA, supposedly fairly low poly, but Hi-res textures. But then since they needed to be *Christmas* trees, I compounded the damage by bunging in the Redhouse Christmas tree, scaling it and turning the tree invisible, to get the balls and tinsel. It's small wonder it took so long. And there were five of them in the scene. The render times varied from overnight to like I say, something like five days and nights. The room, otoh, even with the figures and their wigs and a couple of holly wreaths and garlands took all of a couple of hours.

It was fairly easy to assemble once I had all the pieces, but gad, getting the pieces...

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Pendraia said:
    bigh said:
    If that is aimed at me...I work full time, it's really hard to do renders during the week. Evenings during the week I'm busy marking students work...tonight before posting I marked spelling tests and a brochure the kids did for homework and worked on 6 individual learning plans. Can't complain though at least I have work...I will try and get something done this weekend.

Edited to add I weakened and bought the starter kit. Won't get chance to download until the weekend but will post a render as soon as I get chance.

no it is for Cypherfoxoops, sorry shouldn't really post after work I tend to be brain dead.

edited December 1969

Might Moe goes down

Might_Moe_goes_down.jpg
    800 x 800 - 362K
    edited December 1969

Hurray for predator! lol

• edited December 1969

Checking out the new geometry shell with Jepe's M4 Hairy and body jewels textures. I didn't use them much before as I found the process of a 2nd M4 poly-heavy and fiddly. They're very easy to use with the new shell feature in 4.5 so if you have the sets already try them out!

jepe_jewels.jpg
    800 x 800 - 125K
    abominable-hair02.jpg
    800 x 800 - 312K
  • edited December 1969

Jasmin with a Hiro texture and Jepe's body jewels.

jasmin_jewels.jpg
    800 x 800 - 105K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,299
    edited August 2012

Fivecat thanks for that info I've had my eye on Jepes jewels for a while but 2 gen 4 figures was too resource intensive for my old machine, then when I moved to Genesis it seemed very complicated to get them to work, lthough I haven't upgraded to 4.5 yet seems like to many problems for my liking at the moment.
    Love the HItomi render.

I wanted to see if I could use AerySoul's Hanyma Jewelled on Genesis they autofitted very well.

Hanyma1.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 476K
    Post edited by scorpio on
  • ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

fivecat said:
    Checking out the new geometry shell with Jepe's M4 Hairy and body jewels textures. I didn't use them much before as I found the process of a 2nd M4 poly-heavy and fiddly. They're very easy to use with the new shell feature in 4.5 so if you have the sets already try them out!

I completely agree. My version of Jepe's body jewels with the new shell feature:

Trey_with_liquid_body_jewels_v1.03_.jpg
    800 x 1131 - 94K
    edited December 1969

Guys those renders are beautiful ! The shell feature is very useful I see. Well done :)

• Staffa24Staffa24 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Beautiful renders everyone !

A Victorian young lady

victoriancottage.jpg
    800 x 600 - 196K
    edited December 1969

Riddick for the team ;-P

EyeshineRiddickC2a3.jpg
    800 x 781 - 115K
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581