Why does DAZ 4.5 not work for me?

T0yK4TT0yK4T Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

So yeah, I create a new scene, add genesis, save, exit, reload, and this is what I end up with:

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,823
    edited December 1969

Looks as if it is not finding the content - please open your Content Directory Manager (Edit>Preferences>Content Library), expand the current set and then the entries under DAZ Studio, Poser and other formats, and take a screenshot - then post it here. Also please tell which operating system you are using.

• T0yK4TT0yK4T Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

I looked a bit at the log, and found this:

Edit: Added a space between % and 20 to try and avoid auto-unescape... The Space between % and 20 is NOT in the log files

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1677): Could not find geometry definition: /data/DAZ% 203D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#geometry.

Notice anything "off"? (Also, this isn't the only line that has a warning like that - Looking at the filesystem (Assuming /data is "rooted" in M:/DAZ/DS4PointFive (See below), the files DO exist (That is, the semi-unescaped version of that string)) - I'm assuming the #geometry is just a nice way of telling me that it's looking for "geometry" inside the file.
    Unless there's some obscure formatting going on in the log, I think "DAZ 3D" might be misinterpreted as "DAZ"% 203"D" and not "DAZ"% 20"3D" by whatever is reading it...

In any case, content library paths:

DAZ Studio Formats:
    M:/DAZ/DS4PointFive
    Z:/Contents_Private/DAZStudio3/content

Poser Formats:
    Z:/Contents_Private/DAZStudio3/content
    Z:/Contents_Private/Daz Stuff/Downloads
    M:/DAZ/DAZ4PointFive

Post edited by T0yK4T on
    edited December 1969

I have now tried installing DAZ Studio 4.0.3.47 and whaddayaknow, IT WORKS...
    I'm guessing this is a bug in 4.5, which REALLY sucks, because I actually wanted to try 4.5 for a bit longer than one un-save-able project...

Anyways, would appreciate any sort of input / workaround if anyone knows of any for 4.5 which would allow me to save and load files...

edited December 1969

The content paths look right, but people have been saving scenes successfully in 4.5. I can see no reason for the file to fail to load - since the .duf file doesn't embed proprietary data, as long as the geometry hasn't been edited, could you post a simple scene file (just a Genesis on its own, if that gives the issue) for me to test?

edited December 1969

Here ya go...

http://toykat.com/randomstuff/test.duf

"Error Message:
    The filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed."

edited December 1969

Well, the scene opens correctly for me so the issue doesn't appear to be there. But I really can't see any problem with your paths, either, So I'm afraid I have no idea what's going on.

edited August 2012

Question: Does your log file show the same weird output as mine?
    Maybe some issue with C/C++ libs on my machine... who knows o.O

Also, this issue happens in both the 64 bit and 32 bit version of the newest DAZ Studio 4.5 (Freshly downloaded earlier today).

Edit: Also. I'm running version: 4.5.0.114 - Is your's the same as well?

Post edited by T0yK4T on
    edited December 1969

After reinstallation upon reinstallation I am now getting the same error message as the guy in: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4953/
    I suspect this is the exact same issue, the reason it may have been overlooked is the fact that the forum auto-unescapes (Meaning % 20 (Without the space) gets converted to a space as it should be, which does not appear to happen in DAZ Studio 4.5.0.114 at the moment).

Anyways, I'm really getting pissed off at this, I just bought the Genesis Evolution Morph package and the Catgirl for Genesis before I discovered that 4.5 was broken for me.
    Can't get the Morphs to work on 4.0 which is really getting me annoyed at the moment x_x

edited December 1969

No clue what exactly happened, but I just loaded a file succesfully...

edited December 1969

Good. in URIs appears to be expanding correctly for me (the paths in DSON files use URIs, which have the same character limits as URLs, hence the s and other hex codes).

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited December 1969

I found a probable cause of the bug!

Many Genesis product found on MY LIBRARY generate that error

I manually COPY folder DATA, People, content,, from "My Library" to root folder and most of them now work
    Also:
    I noticed after copy folder, many ICON appear where they not see in My Library install!

Daz Version 4.5.1.56 pro (64Bit)

edited December 1969

Yes, the Data folder should be in the root of the content directory.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Did you install the new Genesis Starter Essentials?