Concorde Supersonic Jetliner

TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
edited August 2012 in Product Suggestions

I can't find any models of the Concorde jet out there, except someone's wip project from 2006 (for Vue), but no word how it turned out.
It would look good at 2nd World's Airport I bought recently... especially since my city is named Concordia... :)

Post edited by Timmoth on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I found one at turbosquid at a reasonable price (and quite a few at more normal prices for that outlet :coolsmirk:)
    http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/airplane-concord-jet-3d-model/357094

There is also one in the Google sketchup warehouse, but I gather they need converting somehow.

• TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Woah, yeah.
    Thanks for that.
    It's probly more of a background type model though without a texture on it. Still that might be alright.

edited December 1969

sorry I couldn't be of more help. I am a Concorde fan. For 20 years I lived under the flight path into Heathrow, and could always tell when it was her coming over, even though we were some distance from the airport.. She looked so graceful in the air as well.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    There is also one in the Google sketchup warehouse, but I gather they need converting somehow.

You can export out of Sketchup as an obj, and then import as normal for an obj.

• Art_JunkieArt_Junkie Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

I agree, A nice, detailed Concord model in Poser/Daz format would be awesome!

Post edited by Art_Junkie on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    sorry I couldn't be of more help. I am a Concorde fan. For 20 years I lived under the flight path into Heathrow, and could always tell when it was her coming over, even though we were some distance from the airport.. She looked so graceful in the air as well.

I live right next to JFK, so the same thing. A rigged detailed version would be great.

edited August 2012

chohole said:

I live right next to JFK, so the same thing. A rigged detailed version would be great.

I have often wondered what happened to the scale model that used to be on the roundabout as you entered Heathrow from the A4 road. That would be a cool toy to play with

modelmove.jpg
    1024 x 667 - 185K
    Post edited by Chohole on