Victoria 4 (Poser)

lannabullslannabulls Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I install Victoria 4 in Daz Studio and Poser Pro 2012,
about Poser Pro, Poser is installed in my progran Files in C Disk, its Library, "Runtime" in my D Disk "D/ Poser Contents", i made another direcotory only for Victoria 4: "D/ Poser Contents-V4"
I install Victoria 4 base and everything fine, in my poser library i see my "Poser Contents-V4" folder and she shows in Poser Library fine, i install also Victoria poses DS "ps_pe069_Victoria4DS" in the same directory "Poser Contents-V4" , this file dont show up in my poser library, can you help please?
Sorry about my question, first time with Studio 4, No problem with it, and Poser Pro...
Thanks a lot!

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,844
    edited December 1969

The "DS" in the file name tells you that those files are for DAZ Studio, and as Poser doesn't recognize the DS file formats they wont show in the Library.

• lannabullslannabulls Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot !!!
    so when i see file with DS letter it means that these are only for Daz, can not be installed in poser, right?
    Thanks a lot, i am totaly beginner and your help is really apreciated!!!!!!!!!

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

the file Victoria poses DS “ps_pe069_Victoria4DS” is a DAZ Studio file and needs to be installed to a mapped content folder by default this would be your "My Documents/My Library" folder or what ever option you chose when you installed DAZ studio for the content folder.

You should also have a similar named file without the DS in the name with the poses in for instillation in to your poser runtime

edited December 1969

i just purchased victoria 4.2 base, it come with 6 files 3 for win, 3 for mac:
    in my case win cause i'm running windows 7:
    "ps_pe069_Victoria4" that install the base figure, i install it in poser and everything fine
    "ps_pe069_Victoria4PwrLoader" this only for Studio
    "ps_pe069_Victoria4DS" these are the poses only for Studio
    i dont have anothe file that replace "ps_pe069_Victoria4DS" for poses in poser,
    repeat the victoria base file come only with these 3 files, no file for poses for poser
    Some expert can help please?
    Thanks a lot!!!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2012

Your file “ps_pe069_Victoria4” should contain the full set of files for poser, including the default poses and the mat poses.

I find mine under runtime/libraries/Pose/Daz's Victoria 4/General Poses

It may be slightly different in your poser version, as it is newer than mine, but that is the general path it should have

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited August 2012

Thanks a lot,
    another question about Studio 4, it has nothing to do with Victoria and poser, i dont want open another thread with basic question:
    I install last update "DAZStudio_4.5.0.114_Win64", what about plug ins:

"DS4_DynamicClothingControl_1.2.0.90_Win64"
    and
    "DS4_MimicLive_1.2.0.90_Win64"
    these 2 came with studio.exe installer previuos version "DAZStudio_4.5.0.90_Win64"
    these 2 plug ins dont show up on my view tab despite they sucesfully installed,
    thanks a lot for your help, really apreciated!!!!!!!!

Post edited by lannabulls on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The free Dynamic Clothing Control comes as part of the DS 4.5.0.114 installer, and you should not install the other plugin if you have not got the paid for version, DS4_DynamicClothingControl_1.2.0.114_Win64. The last part of the plugin version matches the DS one (114), and you will need to reset your download to get the latest version.

I am not sure if Mimic Live is a seperate plugin for DS4, i don't have it after installing the 4.5 version.

edited December 1969

It appears that Mimic Live is a paid for plugin, so you would need to reset your download to get the latest version of it too;

Mimic Live is here : http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/mimic/mimic-live

edited December 1969

Last Daz studio update "DAZStudio_4.5.0.114_Win64",
    i download it yesterday and install, it
    it come with Bridge, Decimator and Goz plugins, all 114 as the last number in their name.
    DynamicClothingControl as well Mimic Live are not included in the above mentioned, no download for these 2 plugins with 114 as final number.
    They came with an holder installer
    "DAZStudio_4.5.0.90_Win64.exe" the last DynamicClothingControl and Mimic Live have 90 as the final number so confirm that these 2 plugins are not free, must be purchased?
    Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Yes, the Dynamic Clothing Control and Mimic Live are paid plugins.

edited December 1969

Last Daz studio update "DAZStudio_4.5.0.114_Win64",
    i download it yesterday and install, it
    it come with Bridge, Decimator and Goz plugins, all 114 as the last number in their name.
    DynamicClothingControl as well Mimic Live are not included in the above mentioned, no download for these 2 plugins with 114 as final number.
    They came with an holder installer
    "DAZStudio_4.5.0.90_Win64.exe" the last DynamicClothingControl and Mimic Live have 90 as the final number so confirm that these 2 plugins are not free, must be purchased?
    Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for clearing that up Mike.

The 'lite' version of the DCC is free with DS4P, but if you previously had the paid for plugin, even the free one wont show inside DS4P, you have to reset your download from your Itemised Order History to get the latest version of the paid for one (114)