So, WHO wants DAZ to release Steph 4 Iconic Shape for Genesis?

Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,194
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Reviving this thread from the old forums.

DAZ is currently sitting on Steph 4 Iconic Shape for Genesis. They already made her and she's sitting in the vault. WHY is she in the vault and not out in the store?! Many people love her for various reasons. Plus, several clothing items even have a shape just for her. The Auto-Fit feature even has a Steph 4 shape. So, WHY is she not being made available to the community?!

DAZ, please release her.

Post here to show your support for Steph 4 Iconic shape for Genesis to be released by DAZ and post renders.

Thanks to any and all who show their support. :)

Comments

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited May 2012

Okay this is back and I am here again with my "Release S4 for Genesis - Wrongly In-vaulted" sign!

Post edited by 3DProclivity on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    edited December 1969

What are we protesting for?
    To make Daz free poor Stephy 4!
    Why's she locked up? Who knows Why?
    Is it an evil plot by Reby Sky?
    Or did Vickie 4 and Vickie 5,
    Like evil stepsisters connive,
    To deep six their shorter, more petite sis,
    By banning her ass from Genesis?
    Or did Michael 4 get Steph in trouble?
    Who cares, we want her on the double!
    The gave us apes, they gave us dwarfs,
    Why can't they give us S4's morphs?
    We'll just keep posting until she's free!
    Come on Daz, release our Stephanie!

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,194
    edited December 1969

3DProclivity: Sorry about the scare I gave you on the "the former Forums being text only". I tried to reply, but by that time, it was too late. :(

Cybersox13: Heh, nice poem and nice ryhming! :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...raises both hands, and if I had them, tentacles

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited May 2012

Kyoto Kid said:

...raises both hands, and if I had them, tentacles
    Cheesus.. I read that completely different. :bug: :shut:

It's amazing the difference one letter makes between two unrelated words. lmao

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,875
    edited December 1969

DAZ is currently sitting on Steph 4 Iconic Shape for Genesis. They already made her and she's sitting in the vault. WHY is she in the vault and not out in the store?! Many people love her for various reasons. Plus, several clothing items even have a shape just for her. The Auto-Fit feature even has a Steph 4 shape. So, WHY is she not being made available to the community?!

The boring actual answer is that she was released previously. She was an incentive as part of the V4 & M4 shapes when they launched IIRC. You got a voucher for her when you purchased that item.
    So DAZ are, presumably, keeping her back to maintain the exclusivity of that offer.

If it's any comfort the Reby Sky shape was released as a similar incentive and that has now gone live so this thread might actually work. Realease S4!!

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I'd love to see S4 for Genesis come back. As I've lamented previously, she has never been available since I joined in February. If I may engage in a bit of wishful thinking, hopefully they're working on porting over all the S4 head and body morphs, and will release them when ready. One can dream... But even the base shape that already exists in the vault would be an instant purchase, assuming it was priced reasonably.

Or perhaps even...dare I utter the words...? "Stephanie Five!" :cheese:

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited May 2012

Even though I was fortunate enough to nab her with the voucher I got from the V4/M4 Genesis Shapes release sale, I make this argument as well. It may seem like nothing for most of the veterans here, but what about you, the more newer guys who have only been here for a little while or are just joining now? I never liked the idea of exclusives, but I would have understood if it was something like an extra costume, a special texture or a cool prop, but a whole Gen 4 character? That's a bit much.

Not only that, but at this point I'm starting to bite my nails about any plans regarding a Stephanie 5. It's bad enough that we never got a David 4 because MallenLane said he felt there was there was no need for one, and it is fact that main reason where there were Stephanies before was because she was a less stockier alternative to Victoria. This is why in Gen 4 Stephanie was merely a special V4 Elite Shape with almost just about a pro bundle's worth of support aside from Unimesh Fits.

With all of this, I know before I said that I wasn't picking out my suit for Stephanie's funeral just yet, but now that I realize just how versatile V5 is, I think I'm beginning to find myself making browsing trips to the tailors... >.>

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited May 2012

Inspired by the recent Hiro5/Aiko5 contests, I created my own version of David 5 (maybe this isn't the most relevant place to post it, but I don't see a M5 render thread in the new forum). He's lonely, though... :down:

Can anyone post a Stephanie 5 creation to keep him company? ;-)

Simple formula:

.5 M5
    .5 D3
    .5 Face Young
    65% Genital Bulge 2
    Elite Dave skin (of course!)
    Zac Hair
    Casual Male
    Chablis lights, I think (Aiden lights were almost as good)

david5_1e_shrunk.jpg
    424 x 600 - 129K
    david5_1b_cropped.jpg
    600 x 600 - 207K
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

Haruchai said:

The boring actual answer is that she was released previously. She was an incentive as part of the V4 & M4 shapes when they launched IIRC. You got a voucher for her when you purchased that item.
    So DAZ are, presumably, keeping her back to maintain the exclusivity of that offer.

If it's any comfort the Reby Sky shape was released as a similar incentive and that has now gone live so this thread might actually work. Realease S4!!
    ...yes but at the time my system couldn't support Studio4 so I wasn't about to plunk down my hard earned money on something I couldn't use. I live on a tight budget, I cannot throw money around "willy nilly".

edited May 2012

With all of this, I know before I said that I wasn't picking out my suit for Stephanie's funeral just yet, but now that I realize just how versatile V5 is, I think I'm beginning to find myself making browsing trips to the tailors... >.>

...v5 is still 6' 11" . She still doesn't have the proper breast control morphs that allow you yo to build a more petite character. We need the Steph4 iconic shape so that the various morph packs released for her work. With Steph I could create a teen/young adult character. With the NPM's, she took the place of Laura.

Edited to remove over-sized images http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/510_98/

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited December 1969

Inspired by the recent Hiro5/Aiko5 contests, I created my own version of David 5 (maybe this isn't the most relevant place to post it, but I don't see a M5 render thread in the new forum). He's lonely, though... :down:

Can anyone post a Stephanie 5 creation to keep him company? ;-)

Simple formula:

.5 M5
    .5 D3
    .5 Face Young
    65% Genital Bulge 2
    Elite Dave skin (of course!)
    Zac Hair
    Casual Male
    Chablis lights, I think (Aiden lights were almost as good)
    You know, funny you bring that up, because I was actually planning on making a "General Gen 5 Iconic Character" thread for anyone and everyone to create and present their ideas of any and all Gen 5 versions of the Millennium Family in the fashion of the Aiko5/Hiro5 contests as you just did here. But I was going to wait until the the forums' image functions were fully corrected first. But you know what? what the heck! Expect to see it up very shortly! :-)

Kyoto Kid said:

...v5 is still 6' 11" . She still doesn't have the proper breast control morphs that allow you yo to build a more petite character. We need the Steph4 iconic shape so that the various morph packs released for her work. With Steph I could create a teen/young adult character. With the NPM's, she took the place of Laura.
    I agree that Stephanie 4 needs to come back out of the vault, it's Stephanie 5 is what I'm worried about. V5's Supermodel morph is pretty much this generation's female Elite Body Shape. This one in particular to Victoria 5 is structured very similar to the petite curves and contours of the Stephanie 4 Elite Shape for V4. A lot of DS4 users say that because of this preemptive address to the petite preference, that this writes out the traditional need for a complimentary Stephanie upgrade.

However, I'm also keeping in mind that even back when V4 had the Elite Series, she still got S4 as an extra add-on. Basically what I'm saying is that, ultimately, this generational run is really keeping me guessing...

edited December 1969

Just letting you know I am still supporting this and ever effort to re-release S4!

edited August 2012

Just in case people missed it...

Stephanie 4 for Genesis is available in the store again!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/stephanie-4-for-genesis

stephanie-4-for-genesis-large.jpg
    350 x 455 - 45K
    Post edited by 3DProclivity on
    edited December 1969

Now let's all thank DAZ for releasing this again as loudly as we clacked that it was gone. Not only that but now S5 is out too. JOY!

edited December 1969

...Daz, thank you for listening.

She is now in the runtime.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I have to say, it is really great to see that DAZ takes great interest in the customers on the forum! They seem to really take pride in customer service which is great... so many other businesses and corporations can't say that... Well done DAZ!! :)

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,194
    edited December 1969

Amen, thanks DAZ!

And thanks 3DProclivity for pointing her out! :)